Nobody that owns a car looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when they could find lower prices if they just compared rates.
Sadly, the vast majority of auto insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Many drivers in Indiana could save about 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most undervalue how much they could save if they switched. With consumers having so many different company options, it's nearly impossible to locate the most cost effective auto insurance provider.
Smart consumers take time to compare rates yearly because insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best deal on Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Indianapolis a few years ago you will most likely find a better price today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're going to learn the fastest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$116||$226||$270||$16||$80||$708||$59|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$202||$294||$312||$18||$94||$920||$77|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$190||$366||$230||$14||$68||$868||$72|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$210||$426||$224||$14||$68||$942||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in specific location which can influence premiums noticeably.
Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs by gender and age
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Get discounts to get affordable Indianapolis car insurance rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be inquired about before being credited.
- Buy New and Save - Buying a new car instead of a used Tiguan can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow their car insurance company to analyze driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not a discount per se, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Claim Free - Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free have much lower rates when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver's ed class as it can save substantially.
- Indianapolis Homeowners Discount - Being a homeowner can help you save on car insurance since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
Discounts lower rates, but some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates it's possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
To choose providers who offer discounts in Indiana, click here.
Car insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the high cost, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Volkswagen Tiguan, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves both your Volkswagen and your personal assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Indiana is overpaying over $865 each year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
When do I need an agent's advice?
When buying your policy for your vehicles, there really isn't a "perfect" insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you will benefit from professional help.
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Indiana?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates and still have a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
By using this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to do any legwork due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to your email address. If you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When researching an insurance agent, you should know the different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance agencies can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can insure your vehicles, but it's a good idea to understand how they are different because it can influence which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Indianapolis that may be able to give price quotes.
Affordable Insurance Agency
10 S Mickley Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46241 - (317) 484-9195 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell and that can be a competitive advantage.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. These questions are important to ask:
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Indianapolis?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
Auto insurance coverage specifics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto insurance - Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as hail damage, a broken windshield and damage from flooding. The highest amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Auto liability - This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged propery. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering, legal defense fees, funeral expenses and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
Collision - Collision coverage covers damage to your Tiguan resulting from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sideswiping another vehicle, scraping a guard rail, rolling your car and driving through your garage door. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. It's also possible to raise the deductible on your Tiguan to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses - Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses for funeral costs, EMT expenses, nursing services, pain medications and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers - Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don't have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Volkswagen Tiguan.
Since many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.