How many times have you told yourself to find low-cost insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis buyers have many options when searching for the lowest priced Volkswagen Golf insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to compare prices or utilize the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a right way and a wrong way to buy insurance so we're going to tell you the best way to quote coverages for a Volkswagen and obtain the lowest price.
If you're already insured or are just looking to switch companies, take advantage of these tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. The goal of this article is to tell you how car insurance works and some money-saving tips. Comparison shoppers only need to know the proper way to compare rate quotes from many companies at once.
Finding a better price on car insurance is a great way to save money. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rates from online providers.
The companies shown below can provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you get rates from several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Golf 2.5 2-Dr Hatchback||$248||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,178||$98|
|Golf 2.5 4-Dr Hatchback||$182||$320||$290||$18||$86||$896||$75|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 2-Dr Hatchback||$234||$580||$318||$18||$94||$1,244||$104|
|Golf 2.0T Turbo Diesel 4-Dr Hatchback||$262||$580||$364||$22||$110||$1,338||$112|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Golf insurance prices for different ages of insureds. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
How violations and accidents impact rates
The example below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can impact Volkswagen Golf insurance costs for different age groups. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Do you qualify for discounts on Volkswagen Golf insurance in Indianapolis?
Companies offering auto insurance don't always advertise every possible discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and the more hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Drivers who don't get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% but check with your company.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Insuring more than one vehicle on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Golf may earn a small discount due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Student Discounts - This discount can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can actually save on your bill.
- Distant Student Discount - Kids who are attending college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
- Active Military Service - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
It's important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
For a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Choosing vehicle insurance is an important decision
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle is mandatory in Indiana but it also protects more than you think.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Volkswagen, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Volkswagen at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Volkswagen Golf. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you cause an accident and are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so you should quote rates every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
How to know if you need help
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. You are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- If my Volkswagen Golf is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision Experienced insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is you may find cheap insurance quotes and still have a local agent. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Indianapolis.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You never need to even leave your home as quotes are delivered directly to you. If you wish to get a price quote from a particular provider, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you would like to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either can insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand why they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with any number of different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don't have to do anything.
When comparing insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents for the best price selection. Many independent agencies also insure through companies that do not advertise much that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a small list of independent agencies in Indianapolis that may be able to provide price quote information.
- The George Group
5627 S Franklin Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46239 - (317) 862-2200 - View Map
- A. I. King Insurance Agency, Inc.
8604 Allisonville Rd #210 - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 841-6004 - View Map
- Skaggs Insurance Agencies Inc
5519 E 82nd St e - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 841-6000 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company like Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only buy insurance from these agents partially due to loyalty to the company and strong financial ratings.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agents that are able to give comparison quotes.
- State Farm: Rahvy Murray
3955 Eagle Creek Pkwy E - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 297-3804 - View Map
- Elizabeth Marshall - State Farm Insurance Agent
6124 N College Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 255-2700 - View Map
- Brandon Libunao - State Farm Insurance Agent
1014 Prospect St - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 783-3391 - View Map
Choosing an insurance agency should depend on more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Indianapolis should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
If you get satisfactory answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, it's a good possibility that you have found an insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.