Want a free price quotes on low-cost car insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Toyota Tacoma insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the quickest way to price shop coverage for your Toyota and locate the best price possible.
Smart consumers take time to take a look at other company's rates at least once a year because rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best rate on Toyota Tacoma insurance in Indianapolis a year ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You'll find a ton of advice on Tacoma insurance on the internet, but we're going to give you the easiest ways to stop overpaying for insurance in Indianapolis.
The most recommended method to get rate comparisons for Toyota Tacoma insurance in Indianapolis is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies participate in a system to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details like whether you are married, if the vehicle is leased, driver details, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That rating data is instantly submitted to multiple different insurance companies and they return quotes instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$122||$212||$290||$18||$86||$728||$61|
|Tacoma X-Runner 2WD||$208||$504||$294||$18||$88||$1,112||$93|
|Tacoma Double Cab 4WD||$210||$358||$318||$18||$94||$998||$83|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off-Road Package 4WD||$226||$294||$368||$22||$110||$1,020||$85|
|Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport Package 4WD||$222||$336||$290||$18||$86||$952||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Information does not factor in specific location which can alter insurance rates noticeably.
Male drivers versus female drivers
The chart below compares Toyota Tacoma auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper car insurance rates
The diagram below highlights how traffic violations and at-fault accidents can impact Toyota Tacoma yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don't have to overpay
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
First, just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a loan on your vehicle, it's most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Toyota at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Toyota gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Eight Tips to Get More Affordable Indianapolis Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when quoting car insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but others are less obvious such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
- Big cities have higher costs - Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Urban drivers regularly have more auto accidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- How much liability protection - The liability section of your policy kicks in when you are ruled to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. Your liability coverage provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Bundle policies and save - The majority of insurance companies allow better rates to insureds that have more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.There is a chance you can save more without the discount by insuring with multiple companies.
- Older drivers pay less - Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, cause fewer claims and accidents, and usually have better credit.Teen drivers tend to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
- Safer cars save money - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums.
- Increase physical damage deductibles and save - Physical damage protection, also called 'full coverage', covers your vehicle from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered would be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, and having your car stolen. Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The more money the insured is willing to pay, the less money you will pay for insurance.
- Insurance premiums and vehicle performance - The type of vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a huge difference in your rates. The best insurance prices are usually for economy passenger vehicles, but many other things help determine your insurance rates. Since the Toyota Tacoma falls in the pickup truck class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis.
- Occupation reflects on rates - Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs such as military personnel, airline pilots, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premium rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, students and performers pay lower than average rates.
- Toyota Tacoma claim statistics - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information to determine a price that will be profitable for them. Models that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will have a higher premium rate. The table below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Toyota Tacoma vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probablilty for all vehicles averaged together is set at 100. Numbers that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Toyota Tacoma Models
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 2WD 79 109 70 77 76 92 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab 4WD 82 104 84 64 56 77 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab LWB 2WD 87 108 74 96 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab LWB 4WD 84 104 88 68 57 79 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 2WD 80 105 60 86 75 96 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab 4WD 71 90 77 48 51 65
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts can help save money on Toyota Tacoma insurance in Indianapolis
Some providers do not list all available discounts very clearly, so the below list has some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you're not getting every credit possible, you could be getting lower rates.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - Not really a discount, but some companies like Progressive and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with several vehicles on one policy can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive reduced rates.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to track where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate's Drivewise system might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- No Accidents - Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared with insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a vehicle that is new can save you some money because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
Keep in mind that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn't make money that way. But any discount should help lower your policy premiums.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- GEICO has discounts for seat belt use, military active duty, five-year accident-free, good student, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student, and multi-policy.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Travelers discounts include home ownership, IntelliDrive, new car, hybrid/electric vehicle, and student away at school.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-theft, safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, and bundle discounts.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, good driver, and anti-theft.
When getting free Indianapolis car insurance quotes, it's a good idea to each company how you can save money. A few discounts might not be offered in every state. To find companies that offer many of these discounts in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Local Indianapolis insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help in the event of a claim. A good thing about comparing rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheaper rates and also buy local. And providing support for local insurance agencies is still important in Indianapolis.
Upon completion of this quick form, your insurance data gets sent to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You won't need to search for an agent because prices are sent directly to your email. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Not all car insurance agents are the same
If you prefer to buy insurance from a local agent, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis are classified as either exclusive or independent. Either type can insure your vehicles properly, but it's important to point out the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. If your premiums go up, your agent can switch companies which makes it simple for you.
When comparison shopping, you need to include multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller companies which may have better rates.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get rate quotes.
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
111 Congressional Blvd Suite 100 - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 846-5554 - View Map
- Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map
- Multiline Insurance Agency
9801 Fall Creek Rd #156 - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 476-6141 - View Map
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company's rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive insurance agents are trained well on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. A lot of people choose to use an exclusive agent partially due to the prominent brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below are Indianapolis exclusive agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Elizabeth Marshall - State Farm Insurance Agent
6124 N College Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 255-2700 - View Map
- Bill Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
7423 E 82nd St - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 849-4119 - View Map
- Jim Crinklaw - State Farm Insurance Agent
9423 Pendleton Pike - Indianapolis, IN 46236 - (317) 897-6129 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the quoted price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
Lower rates by being persistent
As you restructure your insurance plan, it's very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can find cheaper Toyota Tacoma insurance in Indianapolis. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Indianapolis car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best prices are with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium or delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
- Warning systems don't curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Safe Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Over Age 60 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Retired Military in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)