How long has it been since you shopped around for more competitive insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne buyers have options when searching for the lowest priced Cadillac CTS insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so we're going to tell you the best way to compare rates for a new or used Cadillac and get the best price possible from Fort Wayne insurance agents and online providers.
You need to get comparison quotes quite often since rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the lowest premium rates on Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Wayne a year ago you may be paying too much now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the right way to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Fort Wayne is not rocket science. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will definitely be able to shop for the lowest rates using this information. Shoppers just have to know how to shop for auto insurance from multiple carriers.
Four Tips to Get Cheaper Fort Wayne Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable like an MVR report, although some other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
Shown below are some of the major factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Your gender affects rates - Statistics have proven that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Some insurers will award lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Raising coverage deductibles saves money - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a claim is determined to be covered. Coverage for physical damage, also called 'full coverage', is used to repair damage to your car. Some coverage claims are rearending another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more damage repair cost you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the less your car insurance will be.
- Vehicles with better crash test results mean better prices - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less claims paid and more competitive rates for policyholders.
- Cadillac CTS statistical loss data - Insurance companies analyze historical claim data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that are shown to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The information below illustrates the collected loss data for Cadillac CTS vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger claims.
Cadillac CTS Insurance Loss Statistics
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac CTS 4dr 2WD 123 72 118 73 Cadillac CTS 4dr 4WD 127 75 98 75 Cadillac CTS-V 2dr 174 74 135
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Most major insurance companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive make it easy to get insurance quotes directly from their websites. Getting online quotes for Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Wayne doesn't take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage preferences into a form. After you submit the form the company's rating system sends out for reports for credit and driving violations and generates a price.
The ability to get online rates for Cadillac CTS insurance in Fort Wayne makes it simple to compare prices and it's also necessary to do this in order to get the cheapest price.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you replicate the coverage information exactly as they are listed on your policy. Doing this assures you are getting an apples-to-apples comparison based on similar coverages.
The following companies provide price comparisons in Fort Wayne, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CTS Luxury AWD||$212||$504||$270||$16||$80||$1,082||$90|
|CTS Performance AWD||$302||$728||$380||$22||$114||$1,546||$129|
|CTS Premium AWD||$262||$580||$294||$18||$88||$1,242||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in your specific Fort Wayne location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Cautious Fort Wayne drivers save money
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault claims can drive up Cadillac CTS car insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The price estimates are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Car insurance rates by age and gender in Fort Wayne
The information below illustrates the comparison of Cadillac CTS car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The illustration below highlights how deductible choice and can impact Cadillac CTS insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the high insurance cost for a Cadillac CTS in Fort Wayne, maintaining insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Cadillac with a loan, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Cadillac at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your car insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is overpaying over $820 a year so compare quotes from several companies at every policy renewal to save money.
Discount Fort Wayne car insurance quotes
Car insurance companies don't list their entire list of discounts very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on car insurance.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Distant College Student Discount - Any of your kids who live away from home to go to college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current CTS insurance policy expiration. You could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Completing a course that instructs on driving safety may get you a small discount if your company offers it.
- Good Driver Discounts - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles help deter theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
As a footnote on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Large car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for youthful driver, homeowner, early shopping, pay in full, mature driver, bundle discounts, and switch companies.
- GEICO offers discounts for federal employee, anti-theft, good student, air bags, and five-year accident-free.
- American Family has savings for Steer into Savings, air bags, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, good driver, and good student.
- Nationwide includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-policy, Farm Bureau membership, easy pay, and defensive driving.
- Progressive may offer discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Savings might not be offered in your area. To find providers that offer the discounts shown above in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Are insurance agencies obsolete?
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move Insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific auto insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Choosing a insurance company shouldn't rely on just the premium amount. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can do a good job, but we need to point out the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. These agents are very knowledgeable on their company's products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Larry Elliott
7529 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 434-1952 - View Map
- Valentine White-Xayarath - State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46806 - (260) 447-1074 - View Map
- Larry Ice II - State Farm Insurance Agent
6221 Maplecrest Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 484-8572 - View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent agents often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply move the coverage in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you need to contact several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most independent agents also contract with small regional insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quote information.
- Tom Steckler Agency Inc
10432 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 338-0338 - View Map
- Luttman Insurance
707 Airport North Office Park - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 482-6700 - View Map
- Stoller-Dunham Insurance Agency
6058 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 749-4970 - View Map
If you feel you receive good feedback and a low price estimate, it's possible that you found an auto insurance agent that is reputable and can properly service your auto insurance policy.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent's help.
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Am I covered when delivering products for my home-based business?
- How much will a speeding ticket raise my rates?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
There are still a few companies who don't offer online rate quotes and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies. Discount Cadillac CTS insurance is available both online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to compare Cadillac CTS insurance car insurance rates in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the best price on insurance is with a smaller regional carrier.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims, denial of a claim and even policy cancellation. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company is easier than you think.
Additional detailed information can be read by following these links:
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Carmel, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Fort Wayne, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in New Albany, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)