Are you tired of being strong-armed to insure your Nissan every month? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
Shockingly, almost 70% of insureds have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Fort Wayne drivers could save themselves $697 a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one. Vehicle owners have so many insurers to insure vehicles with, and although it's a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost car insurance.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons quite often due to the fact that insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest rates on Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to one of the quickest ways to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Informed Drivers Know How to Find Insurance More Affordably
Part of the insurance buying process is learning some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces used by your company to calculate rates.
- Better rates on safer cars - Vehicles that have high safety ratings cost less to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Nissan has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Fast cars cost more to insure - The performance level of the vehicle you need to insure makes a huge difference in your rates. Because the Nissan Versa is considered a subcompact, insuring your vehicle will cost about the same or even less when compared to the average rates in Fort Wayne. Low performance passenger cars normally have pretty low rates, but that's not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Accidents can increase premiums - Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than bad drivers. Having a single citation may cause rates to rise by twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten multiple violations such as DUI or reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to prevent a license revocation.
- More policies can equal more savings - Some insurance companies allow discounts to policyholders that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. This can amount to 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, it's in your best interest to check prices from other companies to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Insurance loss statistics a Nissan Versa - Insurance companies use historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have a higher cost to insure.
The table below shows the historical loss data for Nissan Versa vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Percentage values below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Versa Vehicles
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Versa 116 110 92 190 203 138 Nissan Versa Note 112 96 85 161 171 133
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
All the larger insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give insurance quotes on the web. Doing online quotes for Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne can be done by anyone as you simply type in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once you submit the form, their system requests your driving and credit reports and quotes a price based on these factors. Using the web to get rates for Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne makes comparing rates easy, and it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find the lowest payment.
To compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you type in the coverages just like they are on your policy. This guarantees you will get a price comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies are ready to provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you compare several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Versa 1.6 SEDAN||$86||$194||$318||$18||$94||$710||$59|
|Versa 1.8 S Hatchback||$170||$428||$380||$22||$114||$1,114||$93|
|Versa 1.8 S SEDAN||$216||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,146||$96|
|Versa 1.8 SL Hatchback||$116||$306||$294||$18||$88||$822||$69|
|Versa 1.8 SL SEDAN||$122||$286||$290||$18||$86||$802||$67|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Rates do not factor in garaging location in Fort Wayne which can influence premium rates noticeably.
Nissan Versa insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Nissan Versa insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Safe drivers pay cheaper rates
The chart below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions influence Nissan Versa insurance costs for different ages of insureds. The data is based on a married male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below shows the difference between Nissan Versa insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The information is based on a clean driving record, no claims, $250 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for eliminating physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Nissan Versa book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where dropping full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Protect more than your Nissan Versa
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Nissan in Fort Wayne, paying for insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Nissan, it's guaranteed your bank will force you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Nissan at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance preserves not only your Nissan but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Nissan as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Slash your auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied before they will apply.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you are able to get a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with more than one vehicle on the same auto insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Good Students Pay Less - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle up may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow driving data collection to look at where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
Don't be shocked that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will cut your policy premium.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders most of the discounts above include:
Before you buy a policy, ask every insurance company which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To see a list of companies with the best Nissan Versa insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Local Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
Many people just want to visit with an insurance agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your information is transmitted to participating agents in Fort Wayne that provide free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes to get your business. You won't need to find an agent on your own since rate quotes are delivered to you. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a specific insurance company, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an company is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Will you be dealing directly with the agent or with a Custom Service Representative (CSR)?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you want an insurance agent, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance policy providers are categorized either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Both types can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning how they are different since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage.
Listed below are Fort Wayne exclusive agents that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
After getting acceptable answers to any questions you have as well as cheap Versa insurance quotes, it's possible that you found a car insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your insurance policy.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
You just read a lot of ways to compare Nissan Versa insurance premium rates in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets than their larger competitors like Progressive and GEICO.
Discount Nissan Versa insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies don't offer internet price quotes and usually these small insurance companies only sell through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
To learn more, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Carmel, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)