If you are new to getting Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes online, chances are good that you are confused because of the huge number of local and online companies competing for business in Fort Wayne.
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of Indiana car insurance customers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and almost half have never compared rate quotes at all. The average driver in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year by just shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the big savings they would realize if they swap their current policy for a cheaper one.
Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting the best offered rates. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you need to compare price quotes from them as well.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sentra 2.0 S||$114||$312||$340||$20||$102||$888||$74|
|Sentra 2.0 SR||$162||$422||$294||$18||$88||$984||$82|
|Sentra 2.0 SL||$116||$266||$318||$18||$94||$812||$68|
|Sentra SE-R SPEC V||$248||$496||$368||$22||$110||$1,244||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in Fort Wayne location which can influence rates greatly.
Nissan Sentra liability rates compared to full coverage
The chart below examines Nissan Sentra yearly insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage or liability only?
There isn't a written rule of when to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Sentra settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after the deductible is paid. If premiums are more than $300 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where only buying liability is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Fort Wayne insurance discounts for a Nissan Sentra
Car insurance can cost a lot, but there may be some discounts that may help make it more affordable. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Senior Citizen Discount - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for reduced rates.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Buying insurance for multiple cars on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Auto/Life Discount - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn better premium rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will turn a blind eye to one accident before raising your premiums so long as you haven't had any claims prior to the accident.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Early Renewal Discounts - A few companies give discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Telematics Data - Fort Wayne drivers who agree to allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematic data system such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts as long as the data is positive.
A little disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn't work that way.
A list of companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm offers discounts for multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, safe vehicle, good driver, and accident-free.
- American Family may have discounts that include bundled insurance, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, good driver, early bird, and TimeAway discount.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, multi-vehicle, seat belt use, anti-theft, daytime running lights, good student, and air bags.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including automatic seat belts, good student, air bags, 55 and older, and student driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in Fort Wayne.
Do I need an agent?
A small number of people just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing that can be a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting local insurance agencies is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne that give free quotes for your car insurance coverage. You won't even need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agents in Fort Wayne are either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents of this type do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies through many different car insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you include price quotes from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. A lot of them also have access to smaller companies which may have better rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you competitive price quotes.
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (855) 343-7344 - View Map
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 969-5613 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Thompson Insurance and Financial Services Inc
10355 Dawsons Creek Blvd A - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 347-4722 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These type of agents work for only one company like Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. These agents are unable to compare other company's rates so they really need to provide good service. They are trained well on what they offer and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jeffrey W Griggs
4340 Maplecrest Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-3883 - View Map
- Terry Anderson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5668 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 486-8663 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should include more criteria than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Do the coverages you're quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
Why Your Insurance Costs might be higher
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that go into determining your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this enables informed choices that may result in big savings.
Listed below are some of the major factors insurance companies consider when setting prices.
When should you file a policy claims? - Insurance companies in Indiana award the best rates to drivers who only file infrequent claims. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for the large, substantial claims.
How much liability coverage - Liability insurance is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense coverage to defend your case. This coverage is relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Do you work long hours in a high stress occupation? - Careers like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners generally have higher rates than the rest of us attributed to intense work-related stress and long work days. On the other hand, careers like scientists, engineers and the unemployed get better rates.
Bundle policies and save - The majority of insurers allow better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. If you currently are using one company, it's always a smart idea to compare Nissan Sentra rates in Fort Wayne to ensure the best deal.
Do you really need roadside assistance? - Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Insurance for things like vanishing deductibles, high-cost glass coverage, and Farm Bureau memberships are some examples. They may seem like a good idea when talking to your agent, but if you have no use for them remove them and pocket the money.
Lower prices with theft deterrents - Purchasing a vehicle that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you some money. Systems that thwart theives such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates - The type of vehicle you drive makes a huge difference in determining your rates. Due to the fact that the Nissan Sentra is a sedan, rates will be about the same compared to average rates in Fort Wayne. Economy passenger cars receive the most favorable rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Nissan Sentra insurance loss data - Insurers factor in insurance loss information in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that statistically have increased losses will cost more to insure.
The information below illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Nissan Sentra vehicles. For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Sentra Vehicles
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Nissan vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Sentra with a loan, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Nissan for a lot more money and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your Nissan Sentra but also your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. The average driver in Indiana is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so compare quotes from several companies every year to ensure rates are inline.
Cover all your bases
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund and even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just presented a lot of information how to reduce Nissan Sentra insurance car insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best car insurance rates are with the least-expected company.
When buying insurance coverage, it's not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an accident victim reduced liability coverage limits and found out when filing a claim that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Other learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Nissan Sentra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)