Searching for more competitive insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis consumers have lots of choices when looking for affordable Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to compare insurance rates so you're going to learn the quickest way to quote coverages for your Mercedes-Benz and locate the lowest price from Indianapolis insurance agents and online providers.
It's a good habit to compare premium rates every six months due to the fact that insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Even if you got the best rates on Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance in Indianapolis at your last renewal there may be better deals available now. You'll find a ton of advice on E350 insurance online but I'm going to show you the easiest ways to quit paying high insurance rates in Indianapolis.
Finding the cheapest auto insurance coverage in Indianapolis can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you currently have auto insurance, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using these methods. Comparison shoppers just need to use the most efficient way to compare rates from multiple carriers.
Getting a cheaper price on Mercedes-Benz E350 insurance can be surprisingly simple. You just have to take time comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The companies in the list below offer comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|E350 2-Dr Coupe||$262||$708||$310||$18||$92||$1,390||$116|
|E350 4-Dr Sedan||$258||$550||$194||$12||$58||$1,072||$89|
|E350 with 4-MATIC 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$406||$224||$14||$68||$894||$75|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Premium costs do not factor in specific location which can revise rates significantly.
An analysis of deductible level
The illustration below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Mercedes-Benz E350 yearly insurance costs for different age categories. Data assumes a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The example below shows the difference between Mercedes-Benz E350 annual premium costs with and without physical damage coverage. The data assumes no claims, a clean driving record, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no definitive rule of when to exclude comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's pretend your Mercedes-Benz E350 replacement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company would pay you is $7,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it's costing in excess of $700 a year for physical damage coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Responsible drivers pay cheaper Indianapolis car insurance rates
The example below highlights how speeding tickets and accident claims impact Mercedes-Benz E350 auto insurance rates for each different age group. The premiums assume a single female driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Save with these discounts
Auto insurance companies don't necessarily list every discount in a way that's easy to find, so the list below contains some of the best known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Driver Education Discount - Reduce the cost of insurance for teen drivers by having them participate in a local driver's education class if offered at their school.
- Lower Rates for Military - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Student in College - Youth drivers who attend college more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle could qualify for this discount.
- Federal Employees - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Indianapolis car insurance depending on your insurance provider.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Older drivers can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Sign Online - A few larger online companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Vehicles with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Own a Home - Owning a house in Indianapolis may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates all those discounts means the company will pay you, that's just not realistic. But any discount will help reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
To see providers with the best discounts in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Indianapolis Insurance Rates are Influenced by These Factors
Many factors are used when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but some are less obvious like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is.
The items below are some of the most common factors auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Only buy extra policy coverages you need - Insurance policies have a lot of extra add-on coverages that can waste your money if you aren't diligent. Things like personal injury protection, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are probably not needed. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but your needs may have changed so consider taking them off your policy.
- A good credit history can save money - Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. If your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Mercedes-Benz E350 by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Combine policies and save - Some insurance companies apply a discount to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, drivers will still want to compare other Indianapolis E350 insurance rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. You may still be able to save even more by insuring with multiple companies.
- Marriage can save on auto insurance - Walking down the aisle can actually save you money on your auto insurance bill. It demonstrates that you tend to be more responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
Insurance agencies near you
Certain consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is OK! Good agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance rates and still have a local agent.
After completing this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Indianapolis who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- What companies can they write with?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When searching for a reputable agency, you need to know there are two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Indianapolis are considered either independent or exclusive. Either one can insure your vehicles, but it's worth mentioning why they differ because it can factor into buying decisions.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 687-0777 - View Map
- State Farm: David R Johnson
4770 S Emerson Ave #J, Indianapolis 46203 - 4770 S Emerson Ave #J, IN 46203 - (317) 782-8858 - View Map
- Brenda Bond - State Farm Insurance Agent
4475 W 71st St - Indianapolis, IN 46268 - (317) 328-0882 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally which is easy for the insured.
When comparing auto insurance prices, it's recommended you include a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent agents in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- A1 Insurance
4030 S Emerson Ave E - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 787-4995 - View Map
- Indiana Auto Insurance Group
201 N Illinois St - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 641-4572 - View Map
- Multiline Insurance Agency
9801 Fall Creek Rd #156 - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 476-6141 - View Map
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Am I covered while delivering pizza?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Car insurance savings summarized
When getting Indianapolis car insurance quotes online, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Drivers change insurance companies for many reasons like poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, questionable increases in premium and even policy cancellation. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Lower-priced car insurance in Indianapolis is available on the web and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so get free Indianapolis car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get quotes online and many times these smaller providers work with independent agencies.
To read more, take a look at these articles: