Finding cheap prices for Mazda 3 insurance in Fort Wayne may be quite difficult for drivers who are beginners to online rate comparisons. People have so many options that it can turn into a challenge to compare rates in Indiana on Mazda 3 insurance.
Shocking but true, the vast majority of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Indiana could save themselves approximately $700 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don't believe the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Fort Wayne can really be easy if you know what you're doing. Basically, everyone who has to purchase insurance stands a good chance to find a cheaper policy. But Indiana vehicle owners need to learn how companies market on the web.
Car insurance providers offering competitive rates in Indiana
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|3 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$282||$380||$22||$114||$946||$79|
|3 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$186||$376||$318||$18||$94||$992||$83|
|3 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$198||$396||$290||$18||$86||$988||$82|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Hatchback||$248||$472||$290||$18||$86||$1,114||$93|
|3 S Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$148||$312||$340||$20||$102||$922||$77|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Hatchback||$118||$230||$270||$16||$80||$714||$60|
|3 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$156||$296||$270||$16||$80||$818||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Premium costs do not factor in vehicle garaging location which can modify premiums significantly.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 3 yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Slash your insurance rates with these five discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but discounts can save money and there are some available that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts will apply at the time of purchase, but a few need to be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Government Employees - Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance but check with your company.
- Online Discount - Some of the larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Membership in Organizations - Having an affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
Remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Large insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO discounts include air bags, good student, driver training, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts including location of vehicle, professional/association, good student, type of vehicle, and annual mileage.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, multi-car, mature driver, alternative fuel, business and professional, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including multiple vehicles, anti-lock brakes, safe vehicle, paperless, anti-theft, and group or association.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, new graduate, multi-car, newly retired, hybrid vehicle, preferred payment discount, and exclusive group savings.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for bundle discounts, safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, and teen safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for online signing, online quote discount, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- USAA may have discounts that include military installation, multi-policy, good student, annual mileage, driver training, and new vehicle.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not be available in every state. To see a list of insurance companies who offer discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Some people just prefer to have an agent's advice and we recommend doing that A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower car insurance rates and also buy local.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to the email address you provide. You can find better rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you need to quote rates for a specific company, just find their quoting web page and give them your coverage information.
Picking the best insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
When researching a reliable insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 484-5577 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R - Fort Wayne, IN 46818 - (260) 489-3977 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents often have many company appointments so they can quote policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and you won't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to get quotes from a few independent agents in order to have the best price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Stoller-Dunham Insurance Agency
6058 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 749-4970 - View Map
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 482-6900 - View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 216-0024 - View Map
If you receive good answers to any questions you have and locked in a price quote, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can properly service your insurance policy. Just be aware that once you purchase a policy you can cancel coverage whenever you want so never feel that you are obligated to a policy with no way to switch.
Auto insurance coverage considerations
Understanding the coverages of auto insurance can help you determine which coverages you need at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) - Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, a broken windshield and falling objects. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance - Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Mazda 3.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Insurance for medical payments - Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for immediate expenses such as hospital visits, ambulance fees and X-ray expenses. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision - This covers damage to your 3 caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible on your 3 to bring the cost down.
Liability auto insurance - Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and property damage coverage for $10,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like legal defense fees, pain and suffering, repair bills for other people's vehicles, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more coverage.
Affordable auto insurance is out there
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers or even denial of a claim. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding the right auto insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Mazda 3 insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Drivers may even discover the best premium rates are with a small local company.
Budget-conscious Mazda 3 insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not offer online rate quotes and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent insurance agents.
Even more information is available in these articles:
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest in Kokomo, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Felons? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Merrillville, IN? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)