Trying to find low cost Lincoln MKT insurance in Evansville is hard for drivers new to online comparison shopping. Drivers have so many companies to choose from that it can turn into a big hassle to find the perfect company for you.
Unthinkable but true, most auto insurance buyers renewed their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and 38% of drivers have never shopped around. Indiana insurance shoppers could pocket roughly 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don't invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
It's smart to shop coverage around periodically due to the fact that insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Lincoln MKT insurance in Evansville a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because we're going to demonstrate one of the best ways to find better coverage on Lincoln MKT insurance in Evansville at a better price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will surely be able to cut your premiums using this information. This article's intent is to familiarize you with how car insurance quotes work and some money-saving tips. Nevertheless, Indiana consumers should learn the way companies determine prices and take advantage of how the system works.
To find the cheapest Lincoln MKT rate quotes, there are several ways of comparing rates from all the different companies. The best method to comparison shop is to perform an online rate comparison. When price shopping your coverage, more quotes helps improve the odds of finding lower pricing. Some companies don't provide price estimates online, so you need to compare prices from the smaller companies as well.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Evansville, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKT 3.7 2WD||$216||$340||$324||$20||$96||$996||$83|
|MKT 3.7 AWD||$294||$570||$384||$22||$114||$1,384||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in your specific Evansville location which can alter price quotes significantly.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Lincoln MKT insurance premiums for each different age group. Data assumes a married male driver, full coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Companies offer lots of discounts on Lincoln MKT insurance in Evansville
Some providers don't list all possible discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known and the harder-to-find credits that may apply to you. If you're not getting every credit you deserve, you're paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-line Discount - Companies who offer life insurance give a lower premium rate if you buy a life policy as well.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations - Participating in a civic or occupational organization in Evansville could earn you a nice discount on your next insurance statement.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured - Buying a policy with several vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Data Collection Discounts - Drivers that enable their insurance company to track when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Government Employee Discount - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could qualify for a slight premium decrease with select insurance companies.
- Evansville Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Evansville can help you save on insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Liberty Mutual and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before hitting you with a surcharge with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Don't be shocked that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, federal employee, membership and employees, driver training, and defensive driver.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, accident-free, defensive driver, good driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Travelers has discounts for payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, early quote, and home ownership.
- SAFECO discounts include safe driver, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, multi-car, accident prevention training, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts including good driver, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, education and occupation, anti-theft, and pay-in-full.
When comparing rates, check with every company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see insurers with discount rates in Evansville, click here to view.
How You Can Control Lincoln MKT Insurance Costs
Lots of things are used when you get your auto insurance bill. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the things that play a part in calculating insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that can help you get lower rates.
- Discounts for alarm systems - Driving a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices like vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack all help stop auto theft.
- Add-on coverages are wasting money - There are a ton of additional coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your MKT policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, accidental death, and Farm Bureau memberships may not be needed and are just wasting money. You may think they are a good idea when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so remove them and pocket the money.
- Your gender affects costs - Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females cause accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly.
- No claims equals lower prices - If you file claims often, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Indiana give discounts to drivers that do not abuse their auto insurance. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Pay more if you have a long commute - Residing in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when talking about insurance. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- What type of car do you drive? - The performance level of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a big difference in how high your rates are. Since the Lincoln MKT falls in the luxury crossover class, rates will be substantially more than the average rate where you live in Evansville. Low performance passenger models usually are quite affordable to insure, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Raising deductibles lowers costs - Your deductibles define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and having a roll-over accident. The more you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Lincoln MKT insurance claim data - Auto insurance companies use historical loss data to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Lincoln MKT vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or statistically larger losses.
Lincoln MKT Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Lincoln Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Lincoln MKT 4dr 2WD 128 133 Lincoln MKT 4dr 4WD 118 85 138 85
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Evansville car insurance agent
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this short form, your coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. Get lower rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, just visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an insurer is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. The following questions are important to ask.
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Where would glass claims be handled in Evansville?
- What companies can they write with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
If you are wanting to find a local Evansville insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies that you can select. Auto insurance agents in Evansville are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type work for only one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to provide other company's prices so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the brand name and strong financial ratings.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Evansville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Randy Robertson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1520 Bellemeade Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-1881 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
5625 Pearl Dr C - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 421-8163 - View Map
- Mary Rokicki - State Farm Insurance Agent
3335 N Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-2863 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel do not sell for just one brand so as a result can place your coverage with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you check rates from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection. Many can place coverage with lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Evansville that can give you comparison quotes.
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
- Jason Wright Insurance Agency LLC
417 N Weinbach Ave #104 - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 402-9008 - View Map
Once you have positive responses to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, it's possible that you found an insurance agency that can be relied on to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying your policy, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. You are unique.
For example, these questions can aid in determining whether or not you could use an agent's help.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is the ISO rating for a Lincoln MKT?
- What are good deductibles for a Lincoln MKT?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Save $399 a year! What?
Insurance providers like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO consistently run ads on TV and radio. They all seem to convey the message of big savings after switching your policy. How does each company offer drivers better rates? It's all in the wording.
Insurance companies have a certain "appetite" for a prospective insured that will not have excessive claims. For example, a desirable insured may be over the age of 40, has no driving citations, and does not commute to work. A propective insured that meets those criteria will most likely get cheap rates and therefore will save when they switch companies.
Drivers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will be quoted more expensive rates which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. If you pay attention, the ads say "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" save money. That's why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. Each company has different criteria, so you need to compare free Evansville auto insurance quotes often. It's impossible to know with any certainty which company will have the best Lincoln MKT insurance in Evansville.
Lower rates by being persistent
Consumers leave their current company for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service and extreme rates for teen drivers. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
As you quote Evansville auto insurance, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced liability coverage limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to reduce Lincoln MKT insurance prices online in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from a smaller regional carrier.
More detailed car insurance information is located at these sites:
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)