Would you like to save money by finding cheaper Kia Rio insurance in Indianapolis? Locating better insurance prices for a new or used Kia Rio in Indiana can normally be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to find car insurance online so you're going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Kia and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Indianapolis agents.
A study showed that most drivers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. Many consumers in Indianapolis can save approximately 55% each year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes online.
It's smart to price shop coverage every six months because insurance prices are usually higher with each renewal. Even if you got the best rates on Kia Rio insurance in Indianapolis a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because we're going to demonstrate how to quote online to find great coverage at a great price.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Price information does not factor in Indianapolis location which can affect prices significantly.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Rio auto insurance rates when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. Data assumes no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, married male driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There isn't a written rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Kia Rio book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, you would only receive $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Kia Rio insurance discounts in Indianapolis
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so we researched some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous ways to save on auto insurance.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Indianapolis drivers who stay claim-free pay less in comparison to bad drivers.
- Theft Deterrent Discount - Anti-theft and alarm system equipped vehicles are stolen less frequently and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Military Discounts - Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Mature Driver Discount - Older drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- College Student Discount - Any of your kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and do not have access to a covered vehicle could get you a discount.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you could save 5% or more.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Safety Course Discount - Completing a course teaching defensive driving skills could earn you a small percentage discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
You can save money using discounts, but most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. But any discount will positively reduce your policy premiums.
To see a list of insurance companies with discount rates in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Auto insurance does more than just protect your car
Even though Indianapolis Rio insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Kia Rio has a lienholder, most banks will force you to buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Auto insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. The average driver in Indiana is currently overpaying as much as $830 a year so we recommend shopping around at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Indiana?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- Is a driver training discount available?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local Indianapolis insurance agents
Some consumers still like to go talk to an agent. Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find better rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this simple form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare prices for a specific company, don't hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- What companies can they write with?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
Two types of Indianapolis auto insurance agents
When finding a local agent, it's helpful to know the types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Indianapolis agents can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both can insure your vehicles properly, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
These type of agents are contracted to one company and examples are State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some people will only choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agents in Indianapolis who can help you get rate quotes.
- American Family Insurance - Brian Ciesil
1398 Shadeland Ave Ste 2233 - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 353-6225 - View Map
- Charlotte Adams-Jones - State Farm Insurance Agent
5034 E 56th St - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 252-5933 - View Map
- Adam Krockenberger - State Farm Insurance Agent
5685 Lafayette Rd #700 - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 387-9182 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not locked into one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 888-6007 - View Map
- A1 Insurance
4030 S Emerson Ave E - Indianapolis, IN 46203 - (317) 787-4995 - View Map
- Dalessandro Agency Inc
4240 N Franklin Rd #109 - Lawrence, IN 46226 - (317) 898-1866 - View Map