Do you want the cheapest Kia Forte insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding the lowest cost Fort Wayne Kia Forte insurance quotes may seem to be somewhat intimidating for consumers new to quoting and price shopping on the web. With dozens of online companies, how are consumers able to even start to compare every possible option in order to find the lowest price?
It's hard to believe, but the vast majority of auto insurance customers in Indiana kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates to find cheaper insurance. Many drivers in the U.S. could save roughly $860 each year by just comparing quotes, but they just feel it's too hard to find cheaper insurance by shopping around.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates every six months because insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest rate on Kia Forte insurance in Fort Wayne a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest and easiest way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The most recommended method to compare insurance rates in your area takes advantage of the fact almost all companies provide online access to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details like the make and model of your vehicles, if your license is active, if the vehicle is leased, and how much you drive. The data gets sent immediately to multiple different insurance companies and they return cost estimate within a short period of time.
To compare affordable Kia Forte insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Fort Wayne.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Forte LX 4-Dr Sedan||$132||$218||$340||$20||$102||$812||$68|
|Forte EX 4-Dr Sedan||$122||$174||$290||$18||$86||$690||$58|
|Forte SX 4-Dr Sedan||$248||$402||$290||$18||$86||$1,044||$87|
|Forte EX 2-Dr Coupe||$272||$514||$318||$18||$94||$1,216||$101|
|Forte SX 2-Dr Coupe||$240||$496||$384||$22||$114||$1,256||$105|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Price information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can lower or raise premiums substantially.
Raise deductibles and save
The illustration below illustrates how your deductible choice and can increase or decrease Kia Forte yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the comparison of Kia Forte insurance costs with full phyical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The price estimates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, married female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Forte settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premiums are more than $500 a year to have full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Kia Forte insurance premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the difference between Kia Forte yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Car insurance in Indiana serves several purposes
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Forte, it's guaranteed your bank will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Kia at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves not only your Kia Forte but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Kia as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is overpaying over $820 a year so you should quote rates each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Know How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. If you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings. Lots of factors are considered when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live or your financial responsibility.
- Occupation reflects on premiums - Occupations like fire fighters, air traffic controllers, and miners tend to have higher premium rates due to high stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, professions such as actors, students and retirees pay the least.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - There are a lot of optional add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and motor club memberships are some examples. These may sound like a good investment at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
- Good credit equals lower rates - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. So if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could be paying less to insure your Kia Forte by repairing your credit. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower ratings.
- Premiums drop with age - Young drivers in Indiana are statistically shown to be easily distracted when driving and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher. Having to add a first-time driver to your auto insurance policy can really hurt. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations.
- Cheaper auto insurance rates for prior coverage - Driving without insurance coverage in place is a misdemeanor and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance lapse for non-payment. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may result in fines or a revoked license. You will then be forced to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
- Insurance loss probability for a Kia Forte - Car insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that the data shows to have a trend towards higher claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Kia Forte vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehiclescombined as an average is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Forte Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Forte 114 117 103 176 183 144 Kia Forte 114 98 147 Kia Forte 102 102 86
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the below list has some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that may be available.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies allow discounts for switching policies early. It could save around 10% when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Telematics Data - People who choose to allow data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Driver's Education for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Professional Organizations - Belonging to certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your next renewal.
- Drive Less and Save - Maintaining low annual mileage can earn lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accidents.
- Distant Student Discount - Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like it's possible to get free car insurance, you won't be that lucky.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers discounts including daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, federal employee, and seat belt use.
- MetLife has savings for good student, claim-free, good driver, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, student away at school, accident-free, good driver, multiple policy, multiple autos, and good student.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, good student, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for age of vehicle, professional/association, good student, location of vehicle, multi-car, and ease of repair.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for good student, teen driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, theft prevention, student driver, and homeowners.
- Allstate includes discounts for good student, auto/life discount, resident student, early signing, and anti-lock brakes.
Before you buy a policy, ask every company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your state. To view insurance companies with discount rates in Fort Wayne, click this link.
You may need help from a local insurance agent
A lot of people still like to get advice from a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. A good thing about comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area that provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company shouldn't rely on just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the different types of agencies and how they work. Fort Wayne agents are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company's rates so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell which aids in selling service over price. Some insured continue to choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the prominent brand name and strong financial ratings.
The following are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-7673 - View Map
- Connie Stickler - State Farm Insurance Agent
7105 Old Trail Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-2626 - View Map
- Terry Anderson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5668 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 486-8663 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and potentially find a lower price. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get some free quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small regional insurance companies which could offer lower prices.
Listed below are Fort Wayne independent agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Sourceone Group
6628 Constitution Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 436-3544 - View Map
- Traxler Insurance Agency
10729 Coldwater Rd #100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 494-9035 - View Map
- Wise Insurance Agency
7410 Bluffton Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-5373 - View Map
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Consumers change insurance companies for a number of reasons such as delays in paying claims, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests or even high rates after DUI convictions. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is easier than you think.
As you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
We covered a lot of ways to find affordable Kia Forte insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Kia Forte rate quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Additional auto insurance information can be read at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)