Having to pay for high-priced Hyundai Tucson insurance in Evansville can eat up your personal savings and possibly require postponing other expenditures.
A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of drivers kept buying from the same company for a minimum of four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,390, drivers could save themselves almost 55% a year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to find affordable insurance by shopping around.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm promote their brand names with advertising and it is difficult to separate fact from fiction and find the best price available.
It's a great practice to compare premium rates before your next renewal because auto insurance prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best price on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Evansville a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you're about to learn the right way to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
Cheap Hyundai insurance price quotes in Evansville
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tucson GLS 2WD||$182||$352||$294||$18||$88||$934||$78|
|Tucson GLS 4WD||$134||$188||$280||$16||$84||$702||$59|
|Tucson Limited 2WD||$152||$288||$318||$18||$94||$870||$73|
|Tucson Limited 4WD||$116||$226||$294||$18||$88||$742||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific Evansville garaging location which can change coverage prices considerably.
Hyundai Tucson insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Hyundai Tucson car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
What Affects Hyundai Tucson Insurance Rates?
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of some of the elements that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates.
- File claims and pay more - Insurance companies in Indiana award lower rates to drivers who are claim-free. If you're an insured who likes to file claims you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the large, substantial claims.
- Don't skimp on liability protection - The liability section of your policy will protect you if you are determined to be liable for causing personal injury or damage in an accident. It provides legal defense to defend your case. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Lower rates for married couples - Having a wife or husband may save some money on insurance. It may mean you are less irresponsible and statistics show married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
- Rates are affected by your address - Residing in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft. People in densely populated areas have to deal with more auto accidents and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time translates into higher accident risk.
- Less chance of injury means lower insurance rates - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles reduce injuries and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure - More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, cost insurance companies less in claims, and usually have better credit.Young drivers are known to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher.
- Loss statistics for a Hyundai Tucson - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Hyundai Tucson vehicles. For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is represented as 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Hyundai Tucson Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Tucson 4dr 2WD 80 96 66 108 110 101 Hyundai Tucson 4dr 4WD 82 102 70 109 109 109
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable Evansville insurance rates with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the next list breaks down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Evansville auto insurance online.
- Discount for New Cars - Insuring a vehicle that is new can get you a discount due to better safety requirements for new vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Payment Method - If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a Evansville auto insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not really a discount, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Home Ownership Discount - Just being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since home ownership requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Military Deployment Discount - Being deployed with a military unit could qualify you for better premium rates.
- Safe Drivers - Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for better insurance rates.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, you won't be that lucky.
A list of insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for multi-vehicle, 55 and retired, renewal discount, multi-policy, and driver training.
- MetLife discounts include multi-policy, good student, claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, accident-free
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, online signing, multi-policy, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, AAA membership discount, multi-car, anti-theft, pay-in-full, multi-policy, and education and occupation.
- American Family may offer discounts for early bird, TimeAway discount, accident-free, Steer into Savings, good student, multi-vehicle, and air bags.
- GEICO includes discounts for five-year accident-free, air bags, emergency military deployment, federal employee, anti-theft, and membership and employees.
- State Farm has discounts for multiple policy, defensive driving training, anti-theft, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, and passive restraint.
Before buying, ask every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in your area. To find insurers who offer free Hyundai Tucson insurance quotes in Indiana, follow this link.
Car insurance is available from your local insurance agencies
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in Evansville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information gets sent to participating agents in Evansville that can give you free Evansville auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, just navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an insurer is decision based upon more than just a low price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- How long have they been in business?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they full-time agents?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Evansville?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
Are car insurance companies telling the truth?
Allstate and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads in print and on television. They all make the same claim that you can save just by switching to their company. How is it plausible that every one can save you money on Hyundai Tucson insurance in Evansville? Here is how they do it.
Most companies require specific criteria for the right customer that will add to their bottom line. For example, a profitable risk profile should be over the age of 40, has a clear driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that "sweet spot" is entitled to the best price and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Potential insureds who fall short of these standards will probably have to pay more expensive rates and ends up with the customer buying from a different company. The ads state "people who switch" but not "all drivers who get quotes" can save as much as they claim. That is how insurance companies can make claims like that.
Because every company is different, you really should compare quotes as often as possible. It's just too difficult to predict with any certainty which company will fit your personal profile best.
Lower rates by being persistent
We just showed you a lot of tips how to find lower-cost Hyundai Tucson insurance in Evansville. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Evansville auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Some insurance providers don't offer online price quotes and many times these regional carriers sell through independent agents. Lower-priced car insurance in Evansville is possible both online and also from your neighborhood Evansville agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection.
More information can be found at these links:
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Active Military? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)