Searching for more affordable Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis? Did budget coverage turn out to be an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Don't feel bad because there are many people just like you.
A recent survey discovered that the majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and nearly the majority have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. Many consumers in Indianapolis could cut their rates by 55% a year, but they don't invest the time required to compare rates online.
Multiple insurers compete to insure your vehicles, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the best coverage at the best price available on Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis.
To get the cheapest Fiat 500 rate quotes, there a variety of ways of comparing price quotes from all the different companies. The fastest way to compare rates is to perform an online rate comparison.
Comparing free price quotes online is easy and it, makes it obsolete to spend your day driving to different Indianapolis agent offices. Quoting and buying Fiat 500 insurance online eliminates the middleman unless your situation requires the professional advice that only an agent can give. Drivers can compare online quotes and get advice from an agent in your area. Just remember that comparing all the rates in your area gives you a better chance of getting more affordable rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below offer price quotes in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Get cheaper Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis with discounts
Not too many consumers would say car insurance is affordable, but there's a good chance there are discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before they will apply.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select insurance companies give a discount for switching policies early. The savings is around 10%.
- Data Collection Discounts - Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow data collection to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Progressive's Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Membership in Organizations - Being in a civic or occupational organization in Indianapolis could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Theft Prevention System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen with less frequency and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Sign Online - Certain insurance companies may give you up to $50 shop Indianapolis car insurance on your computer.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works. But any discount should help lower the cost of your policy.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- Esurance has savings for online shopper, defensive driver, multi-policy, claim free, homeowner, safety device, and anti-theft.
- The Hartford may include discounts for anti-theft, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, driver training, bundle, air bag, and good student.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, good student, multi-car, good driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, membership and employees, good student, and military active duty.
- State Farm offers discounts including defensive driving training, passive restraint, multiple autos, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to see a list of car insurance companies with discount car insurance rates in Indiana, click here.
Seven Things That Impact Your Insurance Rates
Lots of things are used when pricing auto insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the things that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you lower car insurance prices.
- Lower rates with a multi-policy discount - Most major car insurance companies allow better rates to insureds that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still compare Fiat 500 rates in Indianapolis to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a chance you can save even more by buying car insurance from a different company.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents reduce rates - Buying a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all aid in stopping vehicle theft.
- Consider raising deductibles - Physical damage insurance, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply could be a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage tell how much you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. The more the insured is willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles - The performance of the car or truck you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. Since the Fiat 500 falls in the passenger car class, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price or lower as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis. Lower cost passenger cars usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Save by driving cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with good safety scores tend to be cheaper to insure. Safe vehicles have better occupant injury protection and reduced instances of injuries means less claims paid and lower rates for you. If your Fiat 500 has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use - Driving a lot of miles in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies calculate prices partially by how you use the vehicle. Vehicles that have low annual miles receive better premium rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your 500 may be costing you. Make sure your car insurance policy correctly shows the correct usage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Prices for men may be higher - Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean males are worse at driving than females. Both genders have accidents at a similar rate, but the men cause more damage. Men also tend to get higher numbers of serious violations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Teenage male drivers are the most expensive to insure and thus pay the highest rates.
- Fiat 500 insurance loss data - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that historically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have higher premium rates.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Fiat 500 vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate frequent claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Fiat 500 Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Fiat 500 72 76 66 96 89 84 Fiat 500 Convertible 76 79 60 85 Fiat 500 Electric 73 59 76 60 Fiat 500L 112 80 102 128 93 97
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I need an insurance agent?
Certain consumers just prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. An additional benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting small agencies is important particularly in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to insurance agents in Indianapolis that can give you free Indianapolis car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You never need to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go to the email address you provide. You can most likely find cheaper rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, you just need to jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right insurance company should depend on more than just a low price. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- Where are claims handled?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
If you feel you receive acceptable answers in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you have narrowed it down to an provider that meets your needs to properly insure your vehicles.
Find cheaper rates by being thorough
Lower-priced Fiat 500 insurance in Indianapolis can be found online and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies may not provide online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
We just showed you a lot of tips how to lower your Fiat 500 insurance prices in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with the smaller companies. Smaller companies often have lower rates on specific markets compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
To learn more, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)