How many times have you told yourself to find the cheapest Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Fort Wayne? Having to pay for high-priced Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Fort Wayne can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and force you to make sacrifices. Performing a price comparison is a fast and free way to cut your insurance bill.
Statistics show that the vast majority of consumers in Indiana kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. American drivers could cut their rates by 46.5% a year just by shopping around, but they just don't understand the large savings they would see if they bought a different policy. Vehicle owners have many car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and though it is a good thing to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to get the best deal for Volkswagen Beetle insurance in Fort Wayne.
Locating the best rates in Fort Wayne seems hard but is not really that difficult. If you have a current auto insurance policy, you will be able to lower your rates using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just need to use how to compare price quotes on the web.
Volkswagen Beetle insurance discounts in Fort Wayne
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there's a good chance there are discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts will apply at quote time, but some need to be manually applied before being credited.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your auto and homeowners policy and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Beetle insurance.
- Sign Early and Save - Some insurance companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Professional Memberships - Being in specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could trigger savings when getting a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Full Payment Discount - By paying your policy upfront as opposed to paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can get lower premium rates.
- Fort Wayne Homeowners Discount - Simply owning a home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Multiple Vehicles - Insuring multiple vehicles with one company qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Fort Wayne drivers who agree to allow their insurance company to study their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they are good drivers.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20 to 30 percent.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, multiple autos, driver's education, safe vehicle, and good driver.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, new graduate, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, air bags, good driver, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, mature driver, multi-car, business and professional, and electronic funds transfer.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may offer discounts for company car, student away at school, teen driver, mature driver, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO discounts include anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, anti-theft, homeowner, safe driver, and accident prevention training.
If you are trying to find inexpensive Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Fort Wayne.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Beetle S 2-Dr Hatchback||$148||$310||$230||$14||$68||$770||$64|
|Beetle 2-Dr Convertible||$148||$312||$224||$14||$68||$766||$64|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can raise or lower rates considerably.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below shows the comparison of Volkswagen Beetle insurance costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no specific rule to eliminate physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Volkswagen Beetle settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying more than $600 a year for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not a good idea. If you haven't paid off your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not opt for liability only.
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can increase or decrease Volkswagen Beetle insurance rates for different age groups of insureds. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Fort Wayne
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Volkswagen Beetle yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Lower Your Fort Wayne Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand some of the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you have a feel for what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs. Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic such as traffic violations, but others are more transparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating.
- When should you not file a policy claims? - Companies in Indiana generally give cheaper rates to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can expect increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Save annual miles and save money - The more you drive your Volkswagen in a year the higher your rate. The majority of insurers calculate rates partially by how you use the vehicle. Cars left parked in the garage cost less to insure than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a good idea to make sure your auto insurance coverage shows the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money. Having the wrong rating on your Beetle may be costing you higher rates.
- Big city or small town - Having an address in less populated areas of the country has it's advantages when insuring your vehicles. People in densely populated areas tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims.
- Older drivers save more - Inexperience drivers are proven to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Older people are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to file fewer claims, and are safer drivers.
- Is your car built for speed? - The make and model of the car you own makes a huge difference in the rate you pay. Since the Volkswagen Beetle is classified as a compact car, insuring your vehicle will cost the same to a little lower as compared to the average rate in Fort Wayne. Smaller low performance passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles with high crash test scores cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Volkswagen Beetle has at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Decrease prices by maintaining coverage - Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and any future policy may cost more because you let your coverage lapse. In addition to paying higher rates, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Know your credit rating - An insured's credit history can be an important factor in determining premium rates. Therefore, if your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Volkswagen Beetle by taking the time to improve your credit score. People that have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers who have lower credit scores.
- Claims statistics for a Volkswagen Beetle - Insurers analyze past claim statistics to help determine rates. Models that the data determines to have a trend towards higher claim severity or frequency will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen Beetle vehicles. For each type of coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles compiled together is represented as 100. Numbers under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Volkswagen Beetle Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Beetle 101 93 101 85 95 101 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible 85 78 95 76 89 79
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When choosing insurance from an agent or online, there really isn't a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
When to get advice from a local insurance agent
Some people still like to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Professional agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. A good thing about comparing rates online is that you can find cheaper premium rates and still choose a local agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered immediately to you. If for some reason you want to compare rates from one company in particular, you just need to navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Deciding on an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Fort Wayne should be forthright in answering these questions:
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Best auto insurance agent in Fort Wayne
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it's good to learn the differences because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer which helps them sell on service rather than price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies and potentially find a lower price. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies. When comparison shopping, it's recommended you get several quotes from several independent insurance agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below are Fort Wayne independent insurance agencies that can give you price quotes.
Upon getting positive feedback as well as an affordable premium quote, you have narrowed it down to an auto insurance agent that is a good match to properly service your auto insurance policy.
Insurance is not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Beetle insurance, insurance is required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you buy full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank may insure your Volkswagen at a more expensive rate and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Volkswagen Beetle and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $869 every year so you should quote rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
Drivers switch companies for any number of reasons including policy non-renewal, not issuing a premium refund, unfair underwriting practices and delays in paying claims. It doesn't matter why you want to switch switching auto insurance companies is not as difficult as it may seem.
There are still a few companies who do not provide internet price quotes and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies. Discount Volkswagen Beetle insurance can be found both online in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you're price shopping online, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Additional detailed information is located in these articles:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for College Students? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lafayette, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)