Are you sick of overpaying and want lower-priced Porsche 911 insurance in Evansville? When searching for lower-cost insurance, are you baffled by the sheer number of car insurance providers that you can choose from? Drivers have such a large number of options that it can really be a lot of work to locate the lowest premium rates for Porsche 911 insurance in Evansville. Evansville is an awesome place to live, but high car insurance premiums can make it difficult for lots of drivers to affordably insure vehicles.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. Evansville insurance shoppers could save 55% a year, but they mistakenly think it's difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce premiums using this information. Finding and buying the best car insurance policy in Evansville is easy if you know what you're doing. Although Indiana drivers must comprehend the methods companies use to price online insurance and use it to your advantage.
How much does Porsche 911 insurance in Evansville cost?
When comparison shopping, comparing more prices will increase your chances of finding more affordable insurance.
The car insurance companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|911 Carrera 2 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$558||$280||$16||$84||$1,206||$101|
|911 Carrera 4 2-Dr Coupe||$226||$474||$270||$16||$80||$1,066||$89|
|911 Carrera 2 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$290||$558||$238||$14||$72||$1,172||$98|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Coupe||$386||$808||$286||$16||$86||$1,582||$132|
|911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$190||$448||$270||$16||$80||$1,004||$84|
|911 Carrera 4S 2-Dr Coupe||$362||$830||$290||$18||$86||$1,586||$132|
|911 Carrera Targa 2-Dr Coupe||$306||$742||$318||$18||$94||$1,478||$123|
|911 Carrera 2 S 2-Dr Convertible||$398||$902||$238||$14||$72||$1,624||$135|
|911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet 2-Dr Convertible||$334||$702||$230||$14||$68||$1,348||$112|
|911 Carrera Targa S 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$628||$318||$18||$94||$1,326||$111|
|911 GT3 2-Dr Coupe||$368||$962||$318||$18||$94||$1,760||$147|
|911 GT3 RS 2-Dr Coupe||$378||$870||$318||$18||$94||$1,678||$140|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$546||$318||$18||$94||$1,210||$101|
|911 Turbo 2-Dr Convertible||$422||$1170||$270||$16||$80||$1,958||$163|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence premium rates noticeably.
Does full coverage make sense?
The example below shows the comparison of Porsche 911 insurance premiums with and without full coverage. Data assumes no accidents or driving violations, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There isn't a steadfast formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's say your Porsche 911 book value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $3,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are a few situations where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Car insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you get a quote, but some must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Life Insurance Discount - Larger companies have better premium rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Own a Home and Save - Owning a home in Evansville may trigger a policy discount on car insurance since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying insurance for several vehicles with the same car insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on your computer.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Requiring all passengers to buckle up can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- 55 and Retired - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may receive a discount up to 10%.
- Good Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents may save up to 50% more than drivers with accidents.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Some car insurance companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, multi-policy, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for annual mileage, location of vehicle, good student, multi-policy, age of vehicle, multi-car, and good driver.
- Nationwide includes discounts for defensive driving, good student, anti-theft, multi-policy, family plan, and Farm Bureau membership.
- GEICO has savings for emergency military deployment, multi-vehicle, good student, five-year accident-free, and multi-policy.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, good driver, education and occupation, pay-in-full, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in every state.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people still like to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that An additional benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. And supporting local insurance agencies is especially important in Evansville.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance data is submitted to companies in Evansville that can give you free Evansville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to contact any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You can find lower rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a price quote for a specific company, you just need to find their quoting web page and fill out the quote form the provide.
When researching a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agencies in Evansville can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Independent agencies do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don't have to switch agencies. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you get quotes from a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. They often place coverage with smaller companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Evansville that may be able to give rate quotes.
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
- Dilegge Michael D Insurance Agency
901 N Main St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-4001 - View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agencies receive extensive training on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers frequently use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Evansville who can help you get price quotes.
- Farmers Insurance - Scott Schwartz
125 N Weinbach Ave #820a - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 401-4606 - View Map
- Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Phillip Beck
600 N Weinbach Ave #110 - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 479-1424 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Evansville?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
If you get acceptable answers to any questions you may have and a low price estimate, most likely you have located a car insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles. Keep in mind you are able to cancel your policy at any time so never feel that you are obligated to your new company for a certain time period.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When choosing coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Your needs are unique to you and your insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Smart Consumers Can Cut Their Insurance Rates
It's important that you understand the rating factors that aid in calculating the price you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Increase deductibles and save - Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money the insured will be required to pay in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, protects your car from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply would be colliding with a stationary object, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more of the claim you're willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Better rates on safer vehicles - Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Porsche 911 scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an "acceptable" rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
Men are more aggressive - The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. The data does not necessarily mean that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men get into accidents with more damage. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
Insurance policy lapses increase insurance rates - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a guaranteed way to increase your rates. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
Deter theft and pay less - Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your premiums. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
Good credit scores equal low premiums - Having a good credit history factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit can be improved, you could potentially save money when insuring your Porsche 911 if you clean up your credit. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit.
See if your company offers a multi-policy discount - Many insurance companies apply lower prices to customers that have more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to comparison shop to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Porsche 911 historical loss data - Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle in order to profitably underwrite each model. Models that historically have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages. The data below shows the loss history for Porsche 911 vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is a value of 100. Values that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Porsche 911 Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Porsche 911 Carrera 2dr||191||47||173||24|
|Porsche 911 Carrera Convertible||197||51||224||36|
|Porsche 911 Turbo 2dr 4WD||349||367|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Here's why auto insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your vehicle with a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Porsche at a more expensive rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects your Porsche and your assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to ensure rates are competitive.
Find cheap rates by being thorough
Affordable Porsche 911 insurance in Evansville is available online in addition to many Evansville insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer price quotes online and usually these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can lower your Porsche 911 insurance premium rates in Evansville. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting low cost Evansville auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
To learn more, take a look at the resources below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Kia Forte in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for a 20 Year Old Male in Indiana? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)