How many years has it been since you compared lower-priced Mazda 5 insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding cheap rates on Mazda 5 insurance in Fort Wayne is difficult for drivers who have little experience comparison shopping online. With more and more online companies, it can easily turn into a real difficult job to lower your prices on Mazda 5 insurance.
It's shocking but a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never even compared rates from other companies. Fort Wayne consumers could save $700 every year just by shopping around, but they won't spend time to compare rates online.
When looking for affordable Mazda 5 insurance quotes, there are a couple ways to compare prices from all the different companies. By far the easiest way to compare Mazda 5 insurance prices is to jump online and get quotes. Keep in mind that more quotes helps you find the best rates.
The companies shown below can provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$100||$186||$270||$16||$80||$652||$54|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$136||$244||$224||$14||$68||$686||$57|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$186||$376||$270||$16||$80||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can influence rates considerably.
Cost of full coverage in Fort Wayne
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to stop paying for full coverage
There is no definitive formula of when to phase out physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is about 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let's say your Mazda 5 settlement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $5,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where removing full coverage is not financially feasible. If you haven't paid off your loan, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Lower-cost Fort Wayne car insurance rates with discounts
Some companies don't always list all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Fort Wayne auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Claim-Free Discount - Fort Wayne drivers who stay claim-free can earn big discounts as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- Bundle and Save - When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find affordable Mazda 5 insurance rates in Fort Wayne.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars and trucks that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance but check with your company.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a defensive driving course could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Good Students Pay Less - Being a good student can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
To choose insurers that offer some of these discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is definitely important in Fort Wayne.
After filling out this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to you instantly. You can find the lowest rates and work with a local agent. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
When narrowing the list to find a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies from which to choose. Agents in Fort Wayne can either be exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by any specific company so they can write business with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to switch agencies. When comparing rate quotes, you should always get insurance quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also have access to small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you free rate quotes.
- PMG Agency
3711 Rupp Dr #103 - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 436-9669 - View Map
- Hupe Insurance Services
7011 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (800) 701-5909 - View Map
- Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 485-2526 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents are contracted to one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the prominent brand name rather than low price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Paul Michaylo
2416 Getz Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-1700 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Jay Raj
702 W Coliseum Blvd d - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 484-5577 - View Map
- John Carr - State Farm Insurance Agent
1018 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-3838 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Before buying a policy in Fort Wayne, get answers to these questions.
- How long has their agency been open in Fort Wayne?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
When quoting and comparing a policy, there is no "best" method to buy coverage. Every situation is different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you're not sure about those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
How Insurance Providers Calculate Mazda 5 Insurance Rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help calculate your policy premiums. If you know what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower rates. Many factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but others are more obscure such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Too many insurance claims and you'll pay more - If you frequently file small claims, you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in Indiana provide the best rates to drivers who are claim-free. Your car insurance is intended for the bigger claims that can't be paid out-of-pocket.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles - Cars with high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If your Mazda 5 has ratings of a minimum an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Car insurance rates and age - Teenage drivers in Indiana are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car therefore car insurance rates are much higher. Parents adding a youthful driver onto your car insurance can increase premiums substantially. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Save money by raising comp and collision deductibles - Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, covers your vehicle from damage. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, damage from fire, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles define how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The higher the amount you're willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Insurance loss statistics a Mazda 5 - Insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help determine rates. Models that the data shows to have higher loss trends will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda 5 vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 represent a good loss history, while values that are 100 or greater point to more losses or larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda 5 Vehicles
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda 5 86 86 73 103 95 91
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Protect your Mazda 5 and other assets
Despite the potentially high cost of Mazda 5 insurance, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your Mazda 5 has a loan, most banks will require that you buy insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank may insure your Mazda at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your Mazda. It also can pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your 5 are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Compare auto insurance rates regularly to save
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal, lack of trust in their agent and even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be pretty painless.
Some insurance companies don't offer online price quotes and usually these smaller providers only sell through independent insurance agents. Affordable Mazda 5 insurance in Fort Wayne can be purchased online as well as from insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
While you're price shopping online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time they didn't have enough coverage. Your focus should be to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Hammond, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Explorer? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Company Car in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)