Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to keep your car insured? Your situation is no different than many other Indiana consumers.
A recent car insurance study revealed that 70% of consumers have been with the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never shopped around. Most drivers in Indiana can cut their rates by 55% a year just by shopping around, but they don't believe the actual amount they would save if they switched to a cheaper policy.
Due to the increasing number of companies and agents to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to find the most cost effective car insurance company.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Indianapolis is actually quite easy if you know where to start. If you already have coverage, you will be able to find better prices using the following tips. But Indiana drivers do need to know how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium because rates are impacted by many factors.
All the larger insurance companies give prices from their websites. Comparing Kia Sportage insurance rates online is quite simple as all you need to do is type in your coverage information into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system will order your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote. This makes it simple to compare prices and it's absolutely necessary to do this in order to find cheap prices.
To compare rates using this form now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the coverage information identical to your current policy. This guarantees you will have a rate comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies in the list below offer free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$146||$250||$264||$16||$80||$756||$63|
|Sportage LX 2WD 4-Dr||$154||$242||$280||$16||$84||$776||$65|
|Sportage EX 2WD 4-Dr||$220||$402||$290||$18||$86||$1,016||$85|
|Sportage LX 4WD 4-Dr||$208||$428||$294||$18||$88||$1,036||$86|
|Sportage EX 4WD 4-Dr||$202||$294||$368||$22||$110||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in Indianapolis location which can lower or raise prices substantially.
Difference between full coverage and liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Kia Sportage yearly insurance costs with full coverage and liability only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact rule for dropping full coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Kia Sportage book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 annually to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some scenarios where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Kia Sportage insurance rates by age and gender
The chart below illustrates the difference between Kia Sportage insurance rates for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are factored in.
Rate comparison for different deductibles
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can change Kia Sportage yearly insurance costs for different categories of driver ages. Data assumes a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discounts can help to save on Kia Sportage insurance in Indianapolis
Some companies don't list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains both the well known as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings.
- Driver Safety - Passing a course that instructs on driving safety could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Discounts for Good Drivers - Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Bundle and Save - If you combine your home and auto policies with one company you will save nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Kia Sportage insurance in Indianapolis.
- Pay Early and Save - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid the installment charge.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens are able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles could qualify for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Good Students Pay Less - Getting good grades could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. The discount lasts up until you turn 25.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to track driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Allstate's Drivewise may get a rate reduction as long as they are good drivers.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are:
- GEICO includes discounts for emergency military deployment, air bags, anti-lock brakes, good student, and five-year accident-free.
- Auto-Owners Insurance may have discounts that include student away at school, teen driver, mature driver, group or association, safe vehicle, company car, and air bags.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, good driver, bundled insurance, air bags, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, and early bird.
- Esurance may include discounts for online quote, good driver, Pac-12 alumni, safety device, online shopper, and good student.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts including multiple autos, driver's education, good driver, Drive Safe & Save, accident-free, multiple policy, and defensive driving training.
- AAA discounts include good student, pay-in-full, education and occupation, multi-car, multi-policy, anti-theft, and good driver.
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area. To view insurance companies who offer online Kia Sportage insurance quotes in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Choosing Kia Sportage insurance is an important decision
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Kia in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Kia Sportage, it's guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Kia for a lot more money and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards your Kia and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your car outweigh the cost, particularly for liability claims. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Many drivers would rather get advice from a local agent and that is not a bad decision A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, the quote information is sent to companies in Indianapolis who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent since price quotes are sent directly to your email. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. A good agent in Indianapolis will have answers to these questions.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- When do they do a full risk review?
When searching for an insurance agent, it's helpful to know the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents can be described as either independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Below are exclusive agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide price quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not write with just one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with lots of companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include at a minimum one independent agency to get the most accurate price comparison.
Listed below are Indianapolis independent insurance agencies who can help you get rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting good answers to any questions you may have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an auto insurance agent that meets the criteria to adequately provide car insurance.