Do you want an efficient way to compare low-cost Dodge Journey insurance in Evansville? If price shopping Evansville auto insurance quotes online is new to you, most likely you are overwhelmed by the crazy number local agents and online companies that all promise the best rates for Dodge Journey insurance in Evansville.
Unimaginable but true, the majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and virtually 40% of consumers have never shopped around. With the average auto insurance premium being $1,390, Indiana drivers could save nearly $700 every year by just shopping around, but they don't believe the benefits if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Our objective is to familiarize you with how auto insurance companies operate and some money-saving tips. If you're already insured, you will surely be able to reduce premiums using these tips. Nevertheless, Indiana car owners can benefit from knowing the way companies calculate your policy premium.
Dodge Journey Insurance Rates Can Be Cheaper
One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. When you understand what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could result in big savings.
The list below includes some of the things used by your company to calculate your rates.
- Lower rates come with age - Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.Teen drivers have a tendency to be easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less after the wedding - Having a wife or husband can get you a discount when shopping for insurance. Marriage demonstrates that you tend to be more mature and responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- No insurance claims equals cheap prices - Car insurance companies in Indiana provide better rates to people who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Coverage deductibles are a factor - Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay if the claim is covered. Coverage for physical damage, aka comp and collision, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- A good credit history can save money - Credit score is a large factor in determining premium rates. Insureds with high credit scores tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you may save money insuring your Dodge Journey by improving your rating.
- Premiums are affected by your address - Being located in less populated areas is a positive aspect when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers and short commutes means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- More than one policy can earn a discount - Some insurance companies apply a discount to clients who carry more than one policy. It's known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to compare other Evansville Journey insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. It's possible to still save even more than the discount by buying from different companies
- Dodge Journey insurance claim data - Insurers use claims history as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that statistically have higher frequency or amount of claims will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Dodge Journey vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is represented as 100. Values that are 100 or less mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Dodge Journey Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Dodge Journey 4dr 2WD 80 92 80 148 163 131 Dodge Journey 4dr 4WD 96 116 71 96
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Dodge Journey insurance in Evansville is to know the fact most of the bigger providers participate in a system to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide information like how your vehicles are used, if the vehicle is leased, marital status, and the type of vehicles you drive. Your rating data is then sent to insurance companies and you should receive rate quotes within a short period of time.
To start a rate quote now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Evansville.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get prices from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Journey SE 2WD||$132||$218||$340||$20||$102||$812||$68|
|Journey SXT 2WD||$216||$366||$280||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Journey R/T 2WD||$210||$358||$294||$18||$88||$968||$81|
|Journey SXT Crew 2WD||$130||$236||$318||$18||$94||$796||$66|
|Journey SXT AWD||$118||$196||$270||$16||$80||$680||$57|
|Journey R/T AWD||$172||$340||$318||$18||$94||$942||$79|
|Journey SXT Crew AWD||$196||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,058||$88|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific Evansville garaging location which can revise coverage rates considerably.
Comparison of policy deductibles
The chart below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can raise or lower Dodge Journey insurance costs for different age groups. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Ads can be misleading
Well-known insurance companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. They all advertise the message of big savings just by switching to them. How does every insurance company make almost identical claims?
Insurance providers have underwriting criteria for the driver that earns them a profit. For example, this type of driver might have to be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no prior claims, and has great credit. Any customer who meets those qualifications may get the lowest prices in Evansville and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
People who may not quite match these criteria may be forced to pay more expensive rates which translates to business going elsewhere. The trick is to say "drivers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. This is how companies can advertise the way they do.
Because each company has a different risk profile, you really should compare many company's car insurance rates. It is just not possible to predict with any certainty which company will have the best rates at this point in time.
Protect your vehicle and other assets
Even though Evansville Journey insurance rates can get expensive, auto insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Dodge Journey, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Dodge at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards your Dodge Journey and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America overpays as much as $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at least once a year to save money.
Get cheaper Dodge Journey insurance in Evansville with discounts
Some insurers don't always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known credits that you can use to lower your rates. If they aren't giving you every credit you qualify for, you could be saving more on your insurance.
- Discount for Multiple Policies - If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy life insurance.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Renewal Discounts - Some larger companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles - Buying a policy with several vehicles with the same insurance company could earn a price break for each car.
- 55 and Retired - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government could provide a small rate reduction but check with your company.
- Accident Free - Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Service Members Pay Less - Being on active duty in the military may lower your insurance rates slightly.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will cut your overall premium however.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts include:
- GEICO may include discounts for federal employee, good student, defensive driver, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for teen driver, good student, safe driver, student away at school, paid in full, and anti-lock brakes.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, Steer into Savings, accident-free, good student, and air bags.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, DriveSense, anti-theft, and good driver.
- Progressive has discounts for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, accident-free, driver's education, safe vehicle, passive restraint, and student away at school.
- AAA may offer discounts for anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-policy, multi-car, pay-in-full, good driver, and good student.
If you need low cost Evansville auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company how you can save money. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered in your state. If you would like to see a list of insurers that have a full spectrum of discounts in Evansville, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people just prefer to have an agent's advice and that is a personal choice. A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheap insurance rates and also buy local. Putting coverage with local agencies is still important in Evansville.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to companies in Evansville who want to provide quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. You'll get the best rates AND an agent nearby. If you want to compare rates for a specific company, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of car insurance agents
If you would like to find a local agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Evansville are categorized either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers so they can write business through many companies and find you the best rates. If your premiums go up, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, we highly recommend that you include price quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Most can insure with small regional insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Evansville that can possibly get you price quotes.
- AssuredPartners NL
120 N Fulton Ave a - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 485-2800 - View Map
- Shepherd Insurance and Financial Services
7424 Eagle Crest Blvd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-5100 - View Map
- Dilegge Michael D Insurance Agency
901 N Main St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-4001 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company instead of buying on price only.
The following are Evansville exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quote information.
- Shelter Insurance - Genny Henning-Caudill
1033 Mt Pleasant Rd a - Evansville, IN 47725 - (812) 477-3004 - View Map
- Martin Woodruff - State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 424-1762 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Tod Wilson Agencies
419 E Diamond Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-3300 - View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Any agent in Evansville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Evansville?
- How are they compensated?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
When do I need an agent's advice?
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone's needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won't apply. For example, these questions can help discover whether you may require specific advice.
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Indiana minimum liability coverage?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Evansville?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What policy terms are available?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your Dodge Journey insurance prices in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the lowest prices are with a small local company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When buying insurance coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an insured cut collision coverage and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
Budget-conscious Dodge Journey insurance can be found both online and with local Evansville insurance agents, so get free Evansville auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the resources below:
- Higher speed limits cause more fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Indianapolis, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)