Looking for cheaper Chevy Malibu insurance in Indianapolis? Locating cheap Indianapolis Chevy Malibu insurance quotes over the internet can be somewhat intimidating for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparison shopping on the internet. With such a large choice of insurance companies available, how can drivers have time to compare every insurance company to find the cheapest price possible?
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that most insurance policyholders kept their policy with the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in Indiana could save about $700 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don't always publicize all possible discounts in a way that's easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized as well as the least known credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers - Safe drivers may save up to 50% more than drivers with accident claims.
- Resident Student - Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Indianapolis and don't have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% with some insurance companies.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Being a homeowner can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Early Renewal Discounts - Select insurance companies give a discount for renewing your policy prior to the expiration date on your current Malibu insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Indianapolis auto insurance quotes online.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may earn rate discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Membership in Organizations - Affiliation with qualifying employment or professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- Claim Free - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay much less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Paperwork-free - A few larger companies will give you a small discount for completing your application online.
One last thing about discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- The Hartford has discounts for defensive driver, driver training, air bag, anti-theft, bundle, and vehicle fuel type.
- American Family offers discounts including multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, Steer into Savings, good driver, early bird, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-policy, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers discounts for hybrid/electric vehicle, student away at school, IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, and new car.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for good student, pay in full, early shopping, distant student, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- USAA may include discounts for annual mileage, military installation, vehicle storage, family discount, and multi-policy.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for teen driver discount, safety features, multi-car, multi-policy, newly retired, and new graduate.
Check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered in Indianapolis. To find companies with the best Chevy Malibu insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click this link.
The quickest method to compare car insurance rates for Chevy Malibu insurance in Indianapolis is to take advantage of the fact most of the larger companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with a free rate quote. To get started, all you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like the type of vehicles you drive, deductibles desired, if your license is active, and marital status. That rating information is instantly sent to insurance companies and you will get price comparisons instantly to find the best rate.
If you wish to get multiple quotes for your Chevy Malibu now, click here and complete the form.
The companies shown below offer comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in Indianapolis location which can influence coverage prices considerably.
Cautious drivers save money
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents raise Chevrolet Malibu auto insurance rates for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can raise or lower Chevrolet Malibu insurance premiums for each age group. The data is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Informed Drivers Can Cut Their Insurance Prices
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense like your driving record, although others are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your commute time. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that go into determining insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better insurance rates.
The following are just a few of the factors companies use to determine your rates.
Safeguard your assets with liability - The liability section of your policy will protect you when you are found liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Vehicle theft costs us all - Buying a car with advanced anti-theft systems can save you some money. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder auto theft.
Little extras can really add up - There are a ton of extra coverages that can waste your money on your Malibu policy. Insurance for rental car reimbursement, towing coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be wasting your money. You may think they are a good idea when discussing your needs, but if you have no use for them eliminate them to save money.
High credit rating translates to low costs - Credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your insurance rates. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit can be improved, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Malibu by taking the time to improve your credit score.
More policies can equal more savings - Most insurance companies apply a discount to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you're getting this discount drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still find lower rates by buying insurance from more than one company.
Never allow your coverage to lapse - Allowing your insurance policy to lapse can be a fast way to increase your insurance rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You will then be forced to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Indiana motor vehicle department.
Higher rates for specific employers - Jobs such as military personnel, business owners and dentists have the highest rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers such as professors, students and homemakers pay the least.
Costs can change based on your address - Being located in a rural area may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Residents of big cities have congested traffic and more time behind the wheel. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims.
Chevy Malibu insurance loss data - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle when they calculate premium costs for each model. Vehicles that tend to have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more to insure.
The table shown below demonstrates the insurance loss data for Chevy Malibu vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 show a trend for more claims or a tendancy for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Malibu Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and comparing coverage online or from an agent, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone's situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer's policy when using it for work?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Does my Chevy Malibu qualify for pleasure use?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my Chevy Malibu?
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
When to talk to a local insurance agent
A lot of people still like to go talk to an agent and that is just fine! One of the best bonuses of getting free rate quotes online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still have a local agent.
Upon completion of this short form, your information is submitted to local insurance agents that provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you would need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a company should include more criteria than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Indianapolis, get answers to these questions.
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- Can you contact them at any time?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- How long has their agency been in business in Indianapolis?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
When looking for a local Indianapolis insurance agent, it helps to know the two different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Indianapolis agents may be either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand name rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give rate quotes.
- Jim Crinklaw - State Farm Insurance Agent
9423 Pendleton Pike - Indianapolis, IN 46236 - (317) 897-6129 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3837 N High School Rd Suite 10 - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 216-0932 - View Map
- State Farm: Rahvy Murray
3955 Eagle Creek Pkwy E - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 297-3804 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent agents are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
- McClain Matthews Insurance
6329 Hollister Dr - Indianapolis, IN 46224 - (317) 298-7500 - View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance Agency
7364 E Washington St - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 353-8000 - View Map
Upon getting good answers to all your questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you've probably found an auto insurance agent that meets your needs to properly service your insurance policy. Just keep in mind policyholders can cancel coverage at any time so never feel you're contractually obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Chevy Malibu, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you have physical damage coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a more expensive rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Car insurance preserves your Chevy and your assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you cause an accident and are sued. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it's recommended you shop around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Cover all your bases
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Chevy Malibu insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from a small mutual company. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower auto insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Cheaper car insurance in Indianapolis can be found from both online companies and from local agencies, so get free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies do not provide online quoting and these smaller companies only sell through local independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, an insured dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that it was a big error on their part. Your goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
More detailed car insurance information can be read in the articles below:
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Mishawaka, IN? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 50 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)