Do you want an efficient way to compare lower-priced Kia Optima insurance in Evansville? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Kia Optima in Indiana can normally be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for a Kia and obtain the cheapest rates from Evansville insurance agents and online providers.
Discount Evansville car insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but you can get discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but some discounts are required to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Drive Safe and Save - Accident-free drivers may receive a discount up to 45% compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Payment Method - By paying your policy upfront rather than paying in monthly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Switch and Save Discount - A few car insurance companies allow discounts for switching companies before your current expiration date. You may see this discount when you get Evansville car insurance quotes online.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with the same company you could earn a discount of as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow companies to scrutinize their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, companies don't profit that way. Any amount of discount should definitely cut your overall bill.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, multiple policy, passive restraint, anti-theft, and good driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for multi-vehicle, daytime running lights, air bags, military active duty, seat belt use, defensive driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate has discounts for EZ pay plan discount, anti-theft, resident student, new car, anti-lock brakes, economy car, and FullPay discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for safe driver, anti-theft, accident prevention training, multi-car, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, renewal discount, good student, multi-policy, safe driver, and 55 and retired.
- Progressive offers discounts including continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA offers premium reductions for AAA membership discount, good driver, good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, and education and occupation.
Double check with all companies you are considering to apply every possible discount. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in every state. To view providers who offer discounts in Indiana, click this link.
How to compare Evansville Kia Optima insurance price quotes
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can change premium rates greatly.
Car insurance rates by gender and age in Evansville
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Kia Optima annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
How Insurance Providers Determine Kia Optima Insurance Premiums
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the different types of things that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can help you get big savings.
The following are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Never let your policy expire - Having a gap between insurance policy dates will be a quick way to increase your car insurance rates. And not only will insurance be more expensive, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
Combining policies can get discounts - Some car insurance companies apply lower prices to policyholders who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you may still want to compare other Evansville Optima insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most.
Men drivers tend to cost more - Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. The data does not necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes have at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but guys tend to have more serious accidents. They also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males tend to get in the most accidents and thus pay the highest rates.
Marriage is a factor - Your spouse may save some money on your car insurance bill. Marriage usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Careless driving leads to higher premiums - Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Just one ticket can increase the cost of insurance substantially. Drivers who have received serious violations like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may find that they have to to file a SR-22 with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Put fewer miles on your vehicle - The higher the mileage driven in a year the more it will cost to insure it. Most companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos left parked in the garage receive better premium rates than those that get driven frequently. Verify your policy reflects annual mileage. Improper usage on your Optima may be costing you.
Older drivers are lower risk - Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.Beginning drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when driving and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
Insurance losses for a Kia Optima - Insurance companies analyze the history of losses to calculate a price that will offset losses. Models that are shown to have high amounts or severity of claims will be charged more to insure.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Kia Optima vehicles. For each policy coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Kia Optima Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Kia Optima Hybrid||143||115||116||139||158||151|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When selecting a policy, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique and your insurance should be unique as well. For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my Kia Optima covered for flood damage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Does my Kia Optima need full coverage?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
When should I talk to an agent?
Certain consumers prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Good agents can help you build your policy and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is important particularly in Evansville.
By using this short form, the quote information is emailed to local insurance agents in Evansville that provide free Evansville car insurance quotes to get your business. It's much easier because you don't need to even leave your home since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Do you need an independent or exclusive auto insurance agent?
When researching a local agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents from which to choose. Car insurance policy providers can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can provide car insurance policies, but we need to point out how they are different since it may influence the selection process.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
These type of agents do not sell for just one brand so they can quote policies through many companies and get the cheapest rates. If your premiums go up, the business is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, you definitely need to check rates from at a minimum one independent agency in order to have the best price comparison. They often place coverage with smaller regional carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a partial list of independent agents in Evansville that may be able to give cheap rate quotes.
- Gaslin Insurance Agency
2015 Stringtown Rd - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-1351 - View Map
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- Affordable Insurance Agency
6240 E Virginia St b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-3940 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents are contracted to one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farm Bureau. They generally cannot compare other company's rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company's products which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy insurance from these agents partially due to high brand loyalty and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Evansville who can help you get price quotes.
- Shelter Insurance - Rick Koberstein
2019 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 428-2576 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Miller
5310 Pearl Dr b - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 423-5491 - View Map
- Martin Woodruff - State Farm Insurance Agent
2001 W Franklin St - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 424-1762 - View Map
Finding the right car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Any agent in Evansville should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- How are they compensated?
- How long have they been in business?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Insurance in Indiana serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Kia Optima in Evansville, buying insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Kia Optima, most banks will force you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Kia Optima and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
Cost effective Kia Optima insurance can be found on the web and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies may not offer rates over the internet and many times these smaller companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
We just showed you many ways to lower your Kia Optima insurance premium rates in Evansville. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premium rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Fort Wayne, IN? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)