Feel like you have an overpriced insurance policy? You're preaching to the choir because there are many Evansville consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance.
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have stayed with the same insurance company for four years or more, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. U.S. drivers can cut their rates by 47% a year, but they feel it's too difficult to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Numerous auto insurance companies battle for your insurance dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to get the lowest price on Honda Accord insurance in Evansville.
If you have a policy now or just want to save money, you can use these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Finding affordable auto insurance coverage in Evansville can be easy if you know a few tricks. Drivers just need to use the most effective way to compare rates from many companies at once.
You may qualify for discounts for Honda Accord insurance in Evansville
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to getting the savings.
- Good Student Discount - Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best auto insurance rates compared to policyholders that have many claims.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Fewer annual miles on your Honda could qualify for cheaper prices.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Accord can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Life Insurance - Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
It's important to understand that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way. But all discounts will positively reduce the amount you pay for coverage.
A few of the larger companies and some of their more popular discounts include:
- Farm Bureau includes discounts for driver training, youthful driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including new move discount, newly retired, multi-car, preferred payment discount, new vehicle discount, and good student.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, passive restraint, defensive driving training, student away at school, and driver's education.
- Auto-Owners Insurance discounts include company car, group or association, student away at school, mature driver, and paperless.
- GEICO has discounts for military active duty, air bags, seat belt use, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, defensive driver, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for multi-car, teen safety rewards, homeowner, anti-lock brakes, drive less, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply to policyholders everywhere. To find auto insurance companies who offer cheap Honda Accord insurance quotes in Evansville, click this link.
Compare free Evansville Honda Accord insurance quotes
Most of the larger companies give prices for coverage directly from their websites. Getting quotes for Honda Accord insurance in Evansville doesn't take much effort because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire on the page. When the form is submitted, their system collects information on your driving record and credit history and returns a price based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online for Honda Accord insurance in Evansville helps simplify price comparisons, and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find the cheapest possible prices on auto insurance.
To find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you type in deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Doing this guarantees you will receive a rate comparison for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$184||$294||$244||$14||$72||$808||$67|
|Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$162||$298||$224||$14||$68||$766||$64|
|Accord EX 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$442||$322||$20||$96||$1,114||$93|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$204||$352||$244||$14||$72||$886||$74|
|Accord LX-P 4-Dr Sedan||$92||$160||$230||$14||$68||$564||$47|
|Accord EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$208||$450||$270||$16||$80||$1,024||$85|
|Accord EX 2-Dr Coupe||$170||$392||$412||$24||$124||$1,122||$94|
|Accord LX-S 2-Dr Coupe||$176||$348||$318||$18||$94||$954||$80|
|Accord EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$268||$592||$384||$22||$114||$1,380||$115|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Rate information does not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can revise price quotes greatly.
Difference between liability only and full coverage rates
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Honda Accord car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The premiums assume no violations or accidents, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no written rule that is best for determining when to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Accord replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your policy deductible. If you are paying in excess of $300 annually to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents increase Honda Accord annual premium costs for each different age group. The information is based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Buying car insurance from Evansville insurance agencies
Certain consumers just want to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is just fine! Agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and also buy local.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won't need to even leave your home because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy car insurance from a local insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can insure your vehicles, but we need to point out how they differ since it may influence the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance and State Farm. They usually cannot give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are usually well trained in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Evansville that are able to give rate quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, we highly recommend that you compare prices from at least one independent agent to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Below are Evansville independent insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Lancaster Insurance Agency
658 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8883 - View Map
Cheaper car insurance rates are possible
We covered many tips how you can reduce Honda Accord insurance prices online in Evansville. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Evansville auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company. Smaller companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, an insured dropped liability coverage limits only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost while still protecting your assets.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read at these sites:
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest in Greenwood, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Ford Escape in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)