Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost car insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis shoppers have options when shopping for the lowest priced Mazda CX-5 insurance. You can either waste hours calling around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to get price quotes for your Mazda and get the cheapest rates either online or from Indianapolis insurance agents.
It's important to get comparison quotes occasionally because prices change quite often. Just because you found the best rates on Mazda CX-5 insurance in Indianapolis a year ago you may be paying too much now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it's time to teach you the best way to save on car insurance.
Locating the best rates in Indianapolis is much easier if you know where to start. If you have a current car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce the price you pay using the concepts you're about to learn. Shoppers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to find the lowest price on the web.
Don't overlook these Mazda CX-5 insurance discounts
Some companies do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- No Claim Discounts - Claim-free drivers can save substantially as opposed to bad drivers.
- E-sign - A handful of larger companies may give you up to $50 for signing up on the web.
- Theft Deterrent System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Insuring a new CX-5 can save up to 30% since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Professional Memberships - Belonging to qualifying employment or professional organizations is a good way to get lower rates on your next insurance statement.
- Use Seat Belts - Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Resident Student - Children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Indianapolis without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 25 to 30%.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds who allow driving data collection to look at their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might get better premium rates as long as they are good drivers.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner can get you a discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy.
For a list of insurance companies who offer online Mazda CX-5 insurance quotes in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Most companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive allow you to get price estimates direct online. This process is possible for anyone because you just enter your coverage information on the page. After the form is submitted, the system obtains your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these factors.
Using the web to get rate quotes for Mazda CX-5 insurance in Indianapolis simplifies rate comparisons, and it is important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheaper car insurance pricing.
To find out what other companies charge, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have a policy now, it's recommended that you enter your coverages as shown on your current policy. This ensures you're receiving a fair comparison for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Why Your Insurance Premiums might be higher
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that may result in better auto insurance rates.
- A good credit history can save money - Having a bad credit rating factor in determining premium rates. Drivers with very good credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with poor credit scores. So if your credit history can be improved, you could save money insuring your Mazda CX-5 by improving your rating.
- Use one insurance company and save - Most larger companies give a discount for people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be ten or even fifteen percent. Even if you're getting this discount you may still want to compare Mazda CX-5 rates in Indianapolis to make sure you are getting the best deal. Drivers may still find lower rates by buying auto insurance from a different company.
- Drive less and get lower prices - The more you drive your Mazda annually the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars and trucks that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance coverage shows the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated CX-5 may be wasting your money.
- Lower premiums for cars with good safety ratings - Safe vehicles are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce injuries and reduced instances of injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If the Mazda CX-5 has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may qualify for a discount.
- Gender and car insurance costs - Over the last 30 years, statistics show females are less aggressive when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Females and males tend to get into fender benders at about the same rate, but males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male teenagers have the highest risk to insure and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Deter theft and pay less - Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Systems that thwart theives such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder car theft and help bring rates down.
- Mazda CX-5 insurance loss statistics - Insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting rates for each model. Models that tend to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Mazda CX-5 vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or statistically larger claims.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Mazda CX-5 Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mazda CX-5 4dr 2WD 66 88 85 79 83 76 Mazda CX-5 4dr 4WD 71 83 102 79 74 72
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Indianapolis auto insurance agents
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to local insurance agents that can give you free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes for your business. You won't even need to visit any agencies because prices are sent directly to your email. In the event you want to quote rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a reliable insurance agency, it's important to understand the types of agencies and how they work. Insurance agents can be described as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types of agents can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the subtle differences because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They are unable to give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people choose to use a exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand rather than low rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Scott Nichols - State Farm Insurance Agent
7022 W 10th St b - Indianapolis, IN 46214 - (317) 243-3509 - View Map
- Keith Eberg - State Farm Insurance Agent
7550 S Meridian St d - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 887-1400 - View Map
- Bill Hill - State Farm Insurance Agent
7423 E 82nd St - Indianapolis, IN 46256 - (317) 849-4119 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with multiple insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies.
When searching for an agent, you will definitely want to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that are able to give price quotes.
- McGowan Insurance Group, Inc.
355 Indiana Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 464-5000 - View Map
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 888-6007 - View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
If you feel you receive positive responses to all your questions and locked in a price quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to service your policy.
Three good reasons to insure your Mazda CX-5
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance may be mandatory for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your CX-5, it's guaranteed your bank will require you to carry insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If the policy lapses, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mazda at a more expensive rate and require you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Mazda CX-5 but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses incurred in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your auto insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your CX-5 are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver overpays as much as $850 per year so it's important to compare rates each time the policy renews to save money.
Compare. Compare. Compare.
When searching for inexpensive Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped physical damage coverage only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just learned quite a bit of information on how to find cheaper Mazda CX-5 insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Mazda CX-5 rate quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest rates are with a smaller regional carrier.
Drivers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests and even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason, finding the right car insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
To learn more, link through to the resources below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Postal Workers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Richmond, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)