Do you want to learn how to find more competitive Hyundai Elantra insurance in Indianapolis? Locating the lowest cost Indianapolis Hyundai Elantra insurance quotes over the internet is challenging for vehicle owners who are new to comparing prices over the internet. With a ridiculous number of insurers to choose from, how can Indianapolis drivers have the ability to compare each option to find the cheapest available price?
Shockingly, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and nearly half have never taken the time to shop around. Drivers in Indiana could pocket 55% a year by just comparing rate quotes, but they don't know the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
It's a good idea to compare rates before your next renewal since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best rates on Hyundai Elantra insurance in Indianapolis a year ago there is a good chance you can find better premium rates now. There are a lot of ways to save on Elantra insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn the best ways to save money.
Discount Indianapolis auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis car insurance online.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for auto insurance.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Buying insurance on a new vehicle can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Driver Education Discount - It's a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver's education as it can save substantially.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
Remember that some credits don't apply to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will reduce your overall bill.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for multi-car, mature driver, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, youthful driver, distant student, and pay in full.
- State Farm may have discounts that include driver's education, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, multiple policy, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including multi-car, hybrid vehicle, new move discount, good student, and safety features.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, accident-free, good student, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
Check with every prospective company which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area. To see insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
When shopping for the cheapest Hyundai Elantra rate quotes, there are a couple of ways of comparing price quotes from many insurance companies in Indiana. The best method to find the lowest Hyundai Elantra rates involves getting comparison quotes online. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area will enable you to find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Elantra GLS Touring Station Wagon||$210||$358||$238||$14||$72||$892||$74|
|Elantra Blue 4-Dr Sedan||$90||$224||$264||$16||$80||$674||$56|
|Elantra GLS 4-Dr Sedan||$216||$430||$280||$16||$84||$1,026||$86|
|Elantra SE 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,136||$95|
|Elantra SE Touring Station Wagon||$104||$190||$224||$14||$68||$600||$50|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in Indianapolis location which can change premium rates greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims drive up Hyundai Elantra auto insurance costs for each age group. The rates are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Components of Your Hyundai Elantra Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility.
The itemized list below are a few of the "ingredients" that factor into rates.
- Policy add-ons may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of extra coverages you can purchase but may not be useful. Coverages for roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and term life insurance are probably not needed. The coverages may be enticing when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Avoid tickets and save - Whether or not you get tickets influences premium rates substantially. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates as compared to those with violations. Just one moving violation can increase the cost of insurance twenty percent or more. Drivers who get multiple tickets such as DUI or reckless driving may need to prove financial responsibility with their state's department of motor vehicles in order to keep their license.
- Does car insurance cost more for guys? - Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. Now that doesn't mean females are better at driving than males. They both tend to get into at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Costs impacted by your city - Having an address in small towns and rural areas is a good thing when it comes to insurance. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers in populated Indiana areas have congested traffic and much longer commute distances. More time behind the wheel translates into higher accident risk.
- Car and home together may be cheaper - Lots of insurance companies will award lower prices to buyers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you may still want to comparison shop to help guarantee you have the best rates.There is a good possibility that you can find lower rates even if you insure with multiple companies
- Claims statistics for a Hyundai Elantra - Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates.
The next table shows the historical loss data for Hyundai Elantra vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers shown that are more than 100 point to more frequent losses or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Hyundai Elantra Models
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Hyundai Elantra 102 102 90 133 137 117 Hyundai Elantra GT 95 91 95 112 114 107
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Local agents and insurance
Certain consumers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting free rate quotes online is you may find cheaper car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying insurance from local insurance agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
Once you complete this simple form, your coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Indianapolis that can provide free Indianapolis car insurance quotes for your business. You don't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, don't hesitate to visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
If you want local Indianapolis agents, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies to choose from. Agents in Indianapolis are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you will definitely want to check rates from several independent agencies so that you can do a thorough price comparison. A lot of them also have access to companies you've never heard of which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- Walker and Associates Insurance
360 Gradle Dr - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 848-4400 - View Map
- Walker and Associates Insurance Agency
7364 E Washington St - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 353-8000 - View Map
- Killion Insurance Agency
6316 W Thompson Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46221 - (317) 856-4550 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only place business with one company and some examples include Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agencies are unable to shop your coverage around so they have to upsell other benefits. They are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Indianapolis exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 687-0777 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Scott Verbarg
6120 E Thompson Rd Ste B - Indianapolis, IN 46237 - (317) 802-1550 - View Map
- State Farm: Rahvy Murray
3955 Eagle Creek Pkwy E - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 297-3804 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agency shouldn't rely on just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- If they are an independent agency in Indianapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Insurance is not optional in Indiana
Despite the potentially high cost of Hyundai Elantra insurance, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability coverage if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Hyundai, more than likely the lender will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Hyundai at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Hyundai and your personal assets. It will also cover medical bills that are the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. Unknowingly, the average driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
When you buy Indianapolis car insurance online, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The goal is to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate, not the least amount of coverage.
Drivers leave their current company for many reasons like an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver and even delays in paying claims. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new company can be less work than you think.
Budget-conscious Hyundai Elantra insurance can be found on the web and from local insurance agents, so you need to shop Indianapolis car insurance with both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and many times these regional carriers only sell coverage through independent agencies.
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for Immigrants? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Homeowners in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)