Want a free price quotes on low-cost GMC Acadia insurance in Indianapolis? Did a good deal turn into an expensive auto insurance policy? Don't sweat it because many Indianapolis consumers feel financially strained by their auto insurance policy.
It's hard to fathom, but the vast majority of consumers in Indiana have stayed with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. The average driver in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but most tend to underestimate how much money they would save if they changed companies. Vehicle owners have multiple auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and even though it's nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to compare rates for GMC Acadia insurance in Indianapolis.
The following companies have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$202||$406||$364||$22||$110||$1,104||$92|
|Acadia SL AWD||$188||$304||$270||$16||$80||$858||$72|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$170||$274||$364||$22||$110||$940||$78|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$196||$362||$380||$22||$114||$1,074||$90|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$152||$288||$294||$18||$88||$840||$70|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$234||$450||$318||$18||$94||$1,114||$93|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and homeowner. Premium amounts do not factor in specific Indianapolis garaging location which can lower or raise premiums significantly.
Car insurance premiums based on gender
The illustration below shows the comparison of GMC Acadia insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can drive up GMC Acadia car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The information is based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Three reasons to not skimp on car insurance
Despite the potentially high cost of GMC Acadia insurance, maintaining insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your GMC has a loan, most banks will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your GMC for a much higher rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is wasting up to $830 a year so it's recommended you shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
The GMC Acadia Insurance Cost Equation
When buying car insurance it's important to understand the factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you know what controls the rates you pay, this enables informed choices that will entitle you to better car insurance rates.
- Lower premiums for being claim-free - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies in Indiana generally give the best rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for the large, substantial claims.
- Marriage is a factor - Walking down the aisle helps lower the price compared to being single. It is viewed as being more stable financially and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Performance influences insurance costs - The make and model of the car you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the GMC Acadia falls in the standard SUV class, rates will be slightly more as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis. Low performance passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
- Battle of the sexes - Over time, data shows women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don't assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species cause more damage. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving. Male teenagers cause the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Do you have a demanding job? - Careers such as real estate brokers, architects and accountants tend to have higher premium rates in part from stressful work requirements and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as actors, historians and homemakers pay lower than average rates.
- A policy lapse can increase prices - Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
- Credit rating impact car insurance prices - A driver's credit score is a big factor in calculating your car insurance rates. Drivers who have high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your GMC Acadia if you clean up your credit.
- Insurance losses for a GMC Acadia - Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when setting premium rates. Vehicles that are shown to have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data for GMC Acadia vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate more frequent claims or larger claims.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for GMC Acadia Models
Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Acadia 4dr 2WD 75 86 73 71 69 80 GMC Acadia 4dr 4WD 83 100 88 62 63 80
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Affordable rates by getting discounts
Some insurance providers do not advertise the entire discount list in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Completing a defensive driver course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings - Low mileage vehicles could qualify for cheaper premium rates.
- Bundle and Save - If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% and get you inexpensive GMC Acadia insurance in Indianapolis.
As a footnote on discounts, many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, nobody gets a free ride.
If you would like to view providers with significant discounts in Indianapolis, click here.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When selecting a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no "best" method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Should I rate my vehicle as business use?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I have newly-acquired coverage?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is the minimum liability in Indiana?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my GMC Acadia?
If you're not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Certain consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing car insurance online is the fact that you can find the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to participating agents in Indianapolis who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered instantly to you. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a particular provider, just navigate to their website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurance company needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. Before buying a policy in Indianapolis, get answers to these questions.
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Indianapolis?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
Pick the best auto insurance agent in Indianapolis for you
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agencies and how they can service your needs differently. Indianapolis agents can either be exclusive agents or independent agents. Both types can sell car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the subtle differences because it can factor into your agent selection.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type generally can only insure with one company like AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they really need to provide good service. They receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agents in Indianapolis willing to provide comparison quotes.
Frances Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46228 - (317) 257-3504 - View Map
These agents can quote rates with many companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies with multiple insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If your agent finds better pricing, the business is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, we recommend you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get price quotes.
Be persistent and save
More affordable auto insurance in Indianapolis is attainable both online and from local agencies, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
As you shop your coverage around, it's a bad idea to reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
We've covered a lot of ways to lower your GMC Acadia insurance premium rates in Indianapolis. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the biggest savings come from the least-expected company. Some small companies may only write in your state and offer lower prices than their larger competitors like Allstate or State Farm.
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)