I really doubt anyone likes having to buy insurance, especially when they know their premiums are through the roof.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, most drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never compared insurance rates at all. Drivers in Indianapolis could save themselves about $700 a year by just shopping around, but they just feel it's too hard to shop their coverage around. Multiple car insurance companies compete for your insurance dollar, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers and get the best coverage at the cheapest price on Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis.
It's a great practice to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest price on Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis a couple years back you may be paying too much now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding Taurus insurance online but in a few minutes you can learn some proven techniques to lower your insurance rates in Indianapolis.
If you are insured now or just want to save money, you can learn to buy cheaper insurance while maximizing coverage. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Indianapolis is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. You just have to understand the best way to shop for insurance from many different companies.
Companies offering Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Indiana. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Taurus SEL AWD||$248||$396||$290||$18||$86||$1,038||$87|
|Taurus Limited AWD||$262||$610||$318||$18||$94||$1,302||$109|
|Taurus SHO AWD||$210||$392||$294||$18||$88||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Rate quotes do not factor in specific garaging location which can change coverage prices substantially.
Cautious Indianapolis drivers save money
The illustration below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims impact Ford Taurus auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The diagram below illustrates how your choice of deductibles and can increase or decrease Ford Taurus annual premium costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The information below visualizes the comparison of Ford Taurus insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The price estimates are based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, married female driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There isn't a steadfast formula to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Ford Taurus settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Quote Ford Taurus Insurance for Less
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Most are fairly basic like your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your vehicle rating.
The factors shown below are some of the major factors companies use to determine your prices.
- Buy a safe car and pay less - Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safe vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means your insurance company pays less which can result in lower premiums. If the Ford Taurus earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it may cost less to insure.
- Annual mileage and car insurance costs - The more you drive annually the higher the price you pay to insure it. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time can get a lower rate compared to those used for work or business. Improper usage on your Taurus is just wasting money. It's a smart idea to ensure your policy correctly shows the correct usage.
- Does insurance cost more for men? - Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. It does not mean females are better at driving than males. Both genders cause fender benders in similar numbers, but men tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically receive more major tickets like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
- Uninterrupted coverage saves money - Driving your car without having proper coverage can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Rates can be impacted by your vocation - Occupations such as military personnel, social workers and financial analysts have the highest average rates in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- When should you file a policy claims? - Car insurance companies in Indiana give the best rates to policyholders that do not abuse their auto insurance. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Loss statistics for a Ford Taurus - Insurance companies include the past claim history for a vehicle to help determine rates. Vehicles that have higher loss trends will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Ford Taurus vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles averaged together is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentages above 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Ford Taurus Insurance Claim Statistics
Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford Taurus 2WD 109 88 134 115 115 101 Ford Taurus 4WD 120 78 141 124 Ford Taurus SHO 4WD 143 96 185 84 103
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis?
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there may be some discounts that many people don't even know exist. Most are applied when you get a quote, but some must be asked about prior to getting the savings.
- Savings for New Vehicles - Insuring a new Taurus can save you some money since newer models have better safety ratings.
- Renewal Discounts - Some companies provide a discount for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- ABS Braking Discount - Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Safety Restraint Discount - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save a little on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- No Claims - Insureds with no claims or accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Miles Discount - Driving less may allow you to get better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your Indianapolis auto insurance quote.
- Smart Student Discounts - This discount could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Homeowners Savings - Just owning your own home can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
- Professional Organizations - Joining qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
While discounts sound great, it's important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you aren't that lucky. But any discount will lower your premiums.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts include:
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including IntelliDrive, hybrid/electric vehicle, new car, save driver, and driver training.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for air bags, student driver, 55 and older, early bird, homeowners, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, Drive Safe & Save, multiple policy, passive restraint, accident-free, and multiple autos.
- GEICO has discounts for emergency military deployment, federal employee, multi-vehicle, five-year accident-free, multi-policy, daytime running lights, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO has savings for accident prevention training, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, drive less, bundle discounts, and anti-theft.
- AAA offers discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, good driver, and anti-theft.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. All car insurance discounts may not apply in Indianapolis. To see insurance companies with significant discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Do I need an insurance agency?
Certain consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents are trained to spot inefficiencies and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get cheaper car insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is especially important in Indianapolis.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You won't need to leave your computer due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. If you need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis are either independent agents or exclusive agents. Both do a good job, but it's important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it may influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents often have affiliation with several companies so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don't have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you need to include several independent agencies in order to have the best price comparison.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis who can help you get free insurance rate quotes.
These agents can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums.
Below are Indianapolis exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. You should also get answers to these questions.
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- By raising physical damage deductibles, how much would you save?
- Where are claims handled?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
Keep this in mind when shopping around
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to get a better price on Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding affordable Indianapolis auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Cheap Ford Taurus insurance in Indianapolis is possible online and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you need to quote Indianapolis auto insurance with both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who don't offer online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Drivers with Accidents in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Nissan Altima? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Prepare your Teens for Safe Driving (InsureUonline.org)