How long has it been since you shopped around for cheaper Cadillac Escalade insurance in Indianapolis? Finding cheaper insurance for your Cadillac Escalade in Indiana can turn out to be a lot of work, but you can use these tips to find lower rates.
There is a better way to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the proper way to quote coverages for a Cadillac and find the lowest price from Indianapolis insurance agents and online providers.
Companies offering Cadillac Escalade insurance in Indiana
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are listed, it's highly recommended you visit as many as you can in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 2WD||$240||$460||$424||$26||$128||$1,278||$107|
|Escalade Premium Edition 4WD||$374||$496||$460||$28||$138||$1,496||$125|
|Escalade Luxury Edition 4WD||$358||$680||$424||$26||$128||$1,616||$135|
|Escalade Premium Edition 2WD||$334||$544||$362||$22||$108||$1,370||$114|
|Escalade Hybrid 2WD||$358||$860||$384||$22||$114||$1,738||$145|
|Escalade Hybrid 4WD||$318||$614||$324||$20||$96||$1,372||$114|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 2WD||$184||$324||$362||$22||$108||$1,000||$83|
|Escalade Platinum Edition 4WD||$174||$364||$396||$24||$118||$1,076||$90|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 2WD||$190||$426||$334||$20||$100||$1,070||$89|
|Escalade Hybrid Platinum 4WD||$356||$692||$318||$18||$94||$1,478||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and multi-policy. Premium amounts do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise price quotes substantially.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The chart below illustrates the difference between Cadillac Escalade annual premium costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, married female driver, and no discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's pretend your Cadillac Escalade claim settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 a year for physical damage coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some conditions where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The diagram below demonstrates how citations and at-fault accidents drive up Cadillac Escalade auto insurance costs for different age groups. The premiums assume a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Higher deductibles save money
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Cadillac Escalade insurance premiums for each different age category. The prices are based on a single male driver, full coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Indianapolis
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some of these discounts will be visible when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Anti-theft System - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Sign Early and Save - Some larger companies reward drivers for renewing your policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Participating in a class that teaches defensive driver techniques could possibly earn you a 5% discount depending on where you live.
- Telematics Discount - Insureds that choose to allow companies to study driving manner by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Good Grades Discount - Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
It's important to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn't work that way.
A few of the larger companies and their possible discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, seat belt use, military active duty, anti-lock brakes, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife may offer discounts for good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, and claim-free.
- Progressive has savings for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, and online quote discount.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for save driver, home ownership, hybrid/electric vehicle, early quote, student away at school, and payment discounts.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, accident prevention training, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- AAA may include discounts for education and occupation, good driver, multi-policy, multi-car, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some credits might not apply in Indianapolis. If you would like to see a list of providers with the best Cadillac Escalade insurance discounts in Indianapolis, follow this link.
When to get advice from an insurance agent
A lot of people just want to buy from a licensed agent. Good insurance agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that you can find better rates and also buy local. Supporting local agencies is important particularly in Indianapolis.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance data is submitted to participating agents in Indianapolis that give free quotes for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Indianapolis come in two varieties
When searching for a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Insurance agencies in Indianapolis are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types of agents can provide car insurance policies, but it's good to learn the difference in the companies they write for because it may have an impact on your agent selection.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage amongst many companies and get you the best rates possible. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparison shopping, you will want to include a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. A lot of them also have access to different regional companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following is a partial list of independent agencies in Indianapolis that can possibly get you price quotes.
- McClain Matthews Insurance
6329 Hollister Dr - Indianapolis, IN 46224 - (317) 298-7500 - View Map
- Killion Insurance Agency
6316 W Thompson Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46221 - (317) 856-4550 - View Map
- Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These type of agents can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand name rather than low price.
Listed below are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agents that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sarah Franke
916 Shadeland Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46219 - (317) 359-8271 - View Map
- Tia Walker - State Farm Insurance Agent
2169 Glebe St #100a - Carmel, IN 46032 - (317) 890-1200 - View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
3837 N High School Rd Suite 10 - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 216-0932 - View Map
Deciding on an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a low price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in Indianapolis?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
Upon getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you have in addition to an acceptable price estimate, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that will insure your vehicles. Just remember consumers can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so never feel that you are obligated to any particular company for a certain time period.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
When getting Indianapolis auto insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers do not offer online quoting and usually these regional carriers sell through independent agencies. Cheaper Cadillac Escalade insurance in Indianapolis is definitely available from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis.
We've covered some good ideas how you can save on Cadillac Escalade insurance in Indianapolis. The key concept to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your prices. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from an unexpected company.
Other learning opportunities
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Government Employees? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)