Did a good deal turn out to be overpriced Honda Fit insurance in Indianapolis? Don't sweat it because there are many Indianapolis drivers thinking the same thing.
Remarkably, a study showed that most consumers in Indiana have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rates from other carriers. Many drivers in the U.S. can save nearly $850 each year by just comparing quotes, but they don't want to take the time to find cheap car insurance rates. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and get the definite best rates possible on Honda Fit insurance in Indianapolis.
Consumers should take time to compare prices every six months since insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. If you had the best quotes on Honda Fit insurance in Indianapolis two years ago you can probably find a better rate now. There is too much inaccurate information about Fit insurance on the web, but we're going to give you some solid techniques on how to stop overpaying for insurance in Indianapolis.
Cheaper Honda Fit insurance in Indianapolis
Some providers don't list all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Indianapolis auto insurance quote in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Professional Organizations - Being in qualifying clubs or civic groups is a simple method to lower premiums on auto insurance.
- Early Signing - A few insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. You may see this discount when you get Indianapolis auto insurance quotes online.
- Driver Safety - Taking time to complete a course teaching safe driver skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Anti-lock Brake System - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
Don't be surprised that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don't profit that way.
A few of the larger companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, accident-free, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, good student, emergency military deployment, driver training, and military active duty.
- Allstate may include discounts for passive restraint, auto/life discount, senior citizen, multi-policy, utility vehicle, and FullPay discount.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for homeowner, safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- Farm Bureau has savings for multi-vehicle, multi-policy, renewal discount, safe driver, youthful driver, driver training, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for homeowner, online signing, good student, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- AAA has discounts for anti-theft, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, and multi-car.
If you need the cheapest Honda Fit rate quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in Indianapolis. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
All major auto insurance companies provide coverage prices on the web. Comparing Honda Fit insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you simply enter your personal and coverage information on the page. Behind the scenes, their quoting system pulls information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online price quotes for Honda Fit insurance in Indianapolis makes it easy to compare insurance prices and it's necessary to perform this step if you want to get the best rate possible.
In order to use this form to compare rates, compare rate quotes from the providers shown below. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you duplicate the insurance coverages just like they are on your policy. This ensures you will receive a price comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fit Sport VSA||$242||$514||$186||$10||$56||$1,008||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific zip code location which can raise or lower price quotes substantially.
Rate comparison of male drivers versus female drivers
The illustration below shows the difference between Honda Fit insurance rates for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Honda Fit insurance premiums for different age categories. The data is based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Why Smart Consumers Pay Less for Honda Fit Insurance
Part of the car insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that aid in calculating your car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what controls the rates you pay, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with cheaper rates.
The factors shown below are just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Getting married is a bonus - Having a significant other may save some money compared to being single. Marriage means you're more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
- Women pay lower premiums - Over the last 30 years, statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. Now that doesn't mean men are worse drivers. Females and males cause at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but males get into accidents with more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI).
- More than one policy can earn a discount - The majority of car insurance companies will give discounts to customers that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even if you already get this discount, it's still a good idea to compare Honda Fit rates in Indianapolis to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still be able to save more without the discount by buying from different companies
- A car insurance policy lapse can increase rates - Driving your car without having proper coverage is illegal and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage cancel without a new policy in place. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Lower rates by increasing physical damage deductibles - Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your car from damage. Some examples of covered claims could be a windshield broken by a bird, vandalism, and having a roll-over accident. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Loss probability for a Honda Fit - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a way to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Vehicles that tend to have higher number or severity of losses will have a higher cost to insure. The table below shows the collected loss data for Honda Fit vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is equal to 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or tendancy to have larger claims.
Honda Fit Insurance Claim Statistics
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Fit 89 78 90 99 97 92
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Are auto insurance agents of importance?
A lot of people still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can help you choose the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you may find the best rates but also keep your business local.
Upon completion of this simple form, the quote information gets sent to companies in Indianapolis who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent immediately to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an provider should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- Is there a Errors and Omissions policy in force?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- If you have an accident, will your rates go up?
- If they are an independent agency in Indianapolis, which companies do they recommend?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
What type of Indianapolis auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a reliable agent, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance policy providers are categorized either independent or exclusive. Either type can write car insurance policies, but it is important to understand the differences since it can impact buying decisions.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company such as Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are trained well on what they offer which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Shown below are Indianapolis exclusive agencies who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rates, you will want to include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give rate quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
After talking to the agent and getting reasonable responses for all questions you ask as well as a affordable price, you may have found an auto insurance agent that can be relied on to provide car insurance coverage.
Insuring your Honda Fit just makes sense
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, it's most likely the lender will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If the policy lapses, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a more expensive rate and force you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your insurance policy will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $830 a year so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Don't give up on cheap coverage
As you prepare to switch companies, don't be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where drivers have reduced physical damage coverage and learned later they didn't have enough coverage. The goal is to find the BEST coverage for the lowest cost and still be able to protect your assets.
Cost effective Honda Fit insurance can be found on the web and also from your neighborhood Indianapolis agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not provide internet price quotes and these regional carriers prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
- Rearview cameras reduce backing crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Uninsured Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)