Do you need a better way to compare more competitive Honda Civic insurance in Indianapolis? Having to pay for overpriced Honda Civic insurance in Indianapolis can take a big chunk out of your monthly budget and put a big crunch on your finances. Comparing rates annually can save money and help to slash your bill and have more diposable income.
Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that nearly 70% of customers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never even compared quotes to find lower-cost rates. Many consumers in Indiana could save an average of nearly $700 each year, but they assume it's a waste of time to find lower-cost rates by getting comparison quotes. Big-name insurance companies like Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm continually bombard you with catchy ads and it can be hard to ignore the propaganda and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you already have coverage or just want cheaper rates, follow these tips to shop for the lowest rates without reducing protection. Buying affordable auto insurance in Indianapolis is easy if you know what you're doing. Drivers just need to learn the quickest method to shop their coverage around online from multiple companies.
Getting a cheaper price on Honda Civic insurance is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to take time comparing rate quotes from different insurance companies.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it takes the place of having to drive around to different Indianapolis agent offices. Quoting Honda Civic insurance online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you're the type of person who wants the trained guidance that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. Although, it is possible price shop online and get advice from an agent in your area.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$414||$364||$22||$110||$1,092||$91|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$100||$280||$318||$18||$94||$810||$68|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$92||$230||$270||$16||$80||$688||$57|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$148||$392||$456||$28||$136||$1,160||$97|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$428||$380||$22||$114||$1,114||$93|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$206||$592||$340||$20||$102||$1,260||$105|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$92||$266||$336||$20||$100||$814||$68|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$130||$306||$286||$16||$86||$824||$69|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$170||$422||$270||$16||$80||$958||$80|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$116||$306||$396||$24||$118||$960||$80|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$134||$312||$280||$16||$84||$826||$69|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$232||$668||$456||$28||$136||$1,520||$127|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$280||$430||$368||$22||$110||$1,210||$101|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$146||$398||$456||$28||$136||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can alter premiums significantly.
How high should deductibles be?
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can change Honda Civic insurance prices for each age group. The premiums assume a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic auto insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the Indiana minimum liability coverage. The premiums are based on no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no set guideline for excluding physical damage insurance, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's say your Honda Civic settlement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $200 annually for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some cases where dropping full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should maintain full coverage.
Honda Civic insurance premiums by gender in Indianapolis
The example below shows the difference between Honda Civic car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The information is based on no violations or claims, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
Car insurance discounts help lower rates for Honda Civic insurance in Indianapolis
Some insurers don't always list the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that may be available.
- Sign Online - Many car insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on the internet.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have factory anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Active Service Discounts - Being deployed in the military can result in better premium rates.
- ABS Brakes - Cars with ABS and/or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and will save you 10% or more on Civic insurance in Indianapolis.
- Multiple Vehicles - Drivers who insure several vehicles on the same car insurance policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Multiple Policy Discount - When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- Good Student - Being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
- Driver Safety - Taking a course that instructs on driving safety could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that's just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts will cut your overall bill.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, federal employee, seat belt use, and membership and employees.
- USAA offers premium reductions for good student, new vehicle, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, continuous coverage, good student, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family discounts include accident-free, TimeAway discount, good driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- Esurance offers discounts for renters, good driver, defensive driver, multi-car, Switch & Save, online shopper, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include good student, early shopping, teen driver, switch companies, business and professional, alternative fuel, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for accident-free, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, anti-theft, multiple policy, and good student.
When getting free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to every prospective company what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered in Indianapolis. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies with discount rates in Indiana, click here to view.
Auto insurance protects more than just your car
Even though Indianapolis Civic insurance rates can get expensive, paying for auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Honda Civic has a lienholder, most banks will require that you buy full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda at a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Auto insurance protects your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so it's recommended you shop around at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Situations that may require an agent's advice
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's needs are different and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions could help you determine if you could use an agent's help.
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Are my friends covered when driving my Honda Civic?
- Will my Honda Civic be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- What can I do if my company denied a claim?
If it's difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just prefer to have an agent's advice and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rates online is that you can find the lowest rates and still buy from a local agent.
After completing this simple form, the coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Indianapolis who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You won't even need to drive around as quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, just visit that company's website and submit a quote form there.
Finding the right insurer shouldn't rely on just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Indianapolis?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
Shown below are Indianapolis auto insurance companies willing to provide comparison quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Indianapolis.
Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map