How many times have you put off comparing quotes for the cheapest Honda Civic insurance in Evansville? Have you finally had enough of scraping nickels together each month for car insurance? Your situation is no different than many other Indiana drivers.
A recent car insurance study discovered that the vast majority of consumers in Indiana have been with the same company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Many drivers in the United States can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't know the large savings they would see if they replace their high priced policy.
There are many auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it's nice to have multiple companies, it makes it harder to adequately compare rates for Honda Civic insurance in Evansville.
It's a good habit to check car insurance prices quite often because prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest price on Honda Civic insurance in Evansville at your last renewal other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because I'm going to let you in on the secrets to the best methods to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Honda Civic insurance in Evansville.
Locating the best rates in Evansville can be much easier if you know how to start. If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using this information. Nevertheless, Indiana consumers do need to know how insurance companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
Verify you're applying every discount
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you can get discounts that many consumers don't even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Bundled Policy Discount - When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance with one company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds who allow companies to monitor driving patterns remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- Good Grades Discount - Performing well in school may save you up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Successfully completing a course in driver safety could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Seat Belt Usage - Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Driver Education Discount - Teen drivers should participate in a local driver's education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Own a Home - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because maintaining a house demonstrates responsibility.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Even though it may seem like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
To see a list of insurers that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Evansville, click this link.
All the larger auto insurance companies allow consumers to get price estimates direct online. Doing online quotes for Honda Civic insurance in Evansville doesn't take much effort as all you need to do is type in the coverage amounts you desire into the form. Behind the scenes, the quote system sends out for your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on the data you entered. The ability to get online rates for Honda Civic insurance in Evansville makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to do this if you want to find a better rate.
To compare pricing, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend that you enter coverages and limits as close as possible to your current policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison for similar coverage.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Civic DX 4-Dr Sedan||$154||$294||$280||$16||$84||$828||$69|
|Civic VP 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$486||$364||$22||$110||$1,164||$97|
|Civic LX 4-Dr Sedan||$146||$358||$264||$16||$80||$864||$72|
|Civic DX 2-Dr Coupe||$150||$400||$424||$26||$128||$1,128||$94|
|Civic EX 4-Dr Sedan||$182||$530||$318||$18||$94||$1,142||$95|
|Civic LX-S 4-Dr Sedan||$132||$340||$318||$18||$94||$902||$75|
|Civic LX 2-Dr Coupe||$182||$610||$396||$24||$118||$1,330||$111|
|Civic EX-L 4-Dr Sedan||$160||$368||$290||$18||$86||$922||$77|
|Civic SI 4-Dr Sedan||$234||$580||$286||$16||$86||$1,202||$100|
|Civic EX 2-Dr Coupe||$198||$456||$362||$22||$108||$1,146||$96|
|Civic GX 4-Dr Sedan||$236||$680||$340||$20||$102||$1,378||$115|
|Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$210||$486||$358||$22||$108||$1,184||$99|
|Civic Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$222||$396||$290||$18||$86||$1,012||$84|
|Civic SI 2-Dr Coupe||$234||$656||$396||$24||$118||$1,428||$119|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Information does not factor in specific location information which can revise premiums substantially.
Honda Civic liability-only versus full coverage
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Honda Civic car insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The price estimates are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, single female driver, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no clear-cut formula to exclude full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Honda Civic replacement cost is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $5,000 after the deductible is paid. If it's costing in excess of $500 a year for full coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest. Also, if your emergency fund is not enough to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in Evansville
Multiple criteria are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are more transparent like your continuous coverage and annual miles driven.
- Improve your credit rating - An insured's credit score is likely to be a major factor in calculating your premium rate. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with worse credit. If your credit can be improved, you could save money insuring your Honda Civic if you clean up your credit.
- Cut rates and deter theft - Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can save you a little every year. Systems that thwart thieves like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent vehicle theft.
- Rental and towing coverage may not be needed - Insurance policies have a lot of additional extra coverages that you can buy on your Civic policy. Things like roadside assistance, death and dismemberment, and extra equipment coverage could be just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so eliminate them to save money.
- Car plus home equals more savings - Lots of insurers apply better rates for people who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The discount can add up to 10 percent or more. Even if you qualify for this discount already, consumers should still comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Drive less and pay lower prices - The more you drive every year the more you will pay for insurance. Almost all companies rate vehicles based on their usage. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use get more affordable rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. It's a good idea to make sure your insurance policy correctly shows the correct driver usage. An incorrectly rated Civic is throwing money out the window.
- Honda Civic insurance loss data - Insurers study historical loss data as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that have higher claim amounts or frequency will be charged more to insure.
The data below shows the collected loss data for Honda Civic vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is a value of 100. Values that are 100 or less represent a good loss history, while percentages above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Honda Civic Vehicles
Specific Honda Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Honda Civic 92 105 68 127 135 121 Honda Civic Hybrid 90 85 106 105 78 Honda Civic Si 126 97 117 124 104
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do I just need basic coverages?
When quoting and choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Everyone's situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- What can I do if my company won't pay a claim?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- What is glass protection for?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to an agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form.
When to talk to an insurance agent
Certain consumers prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing insurance online is that you can obtain better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this simple form, your information is emailed to companies in Evansville who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you directly. You can get cheaper insurance rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company is decision based upon more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Evansville will have answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Evansville?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you want to buy insurance from a local insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agencies in Evansville can be described as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates and examples are Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on their company's products which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Evansville that are able to give price quotes.
Randy Robertson - State Farm Insurance Agent
1520 Bellemeade Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-1881 - View Map
Independent agencies do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and you don't have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you definitely need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below are independent agents in Evansville that are able to give price quote information.
ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
It may be expensive, but it's not optional
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Honda in Evansville, insuring your vehicle is a good idea for several reasons.
- The majority of states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability insurance if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Honda, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Honda at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance preserves your Honda Civic and your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you have damage to your Honda as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver overpays more than $850 per year so it's recommended you shop around each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
One last thing about your coverage
When searching for the cheapest Honda Civic rate quotes, it's very important that you do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, someone sacrificed collision coverage only to find out they didn't have enough coverage. Your objective should be to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Some insurance providers do not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these regional insurance providers work with independent agencies. Budget-conscious Honda Civic insurance is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Evansville agents, so you need to compare both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Consumers change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including high prices, delays in paying claims, high rates after DUI convictions and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies can be less work than you think.
Additional car insurance information can be found at these links:
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for a 20 Year Old Female in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for State Employees in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Mishawaka, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for Drivers Under 25? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)