How many years has it been since you compared the cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Evansville? When shopping for cheaper insurance, do you get frustrated by the wide range of auto insurance companies that you can choose from? Many other drivers are too. People have such a large number of options that it can easily become a ton of work to find better rates for GMC Acadia insurance in Evansville. Evansville is a great city to raise a family in, but high auto insurance rates makes it impossible to buy full coverage.
Inconceivable but true, a large majority of drivers kept their policy with the same company for well over three years, and almost half have never compared rates with other companies. Many drivers in Indiana could save almost 55% every year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It's a good idea to compare rates on a regular basis because auto insurance prices change quite often. Even if you think you had the lowest quotes on GMC Acadia insurance in Evansville six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because it's time to teach you the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using the concepts you're about to learn. The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance works and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Indiana vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Car insurance providers offering affordable rate quotes in Indiana
The following companies provide free quotes in Evansville, IN. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Acadia SL 2WD||$148||$256||$270||$16||$80||$770||$64|
|Acadia SL AWD||$208||$352||$294||$18||$88||$960||$80|
|Acadia SLE 2WD||$160||$222||$290||$18||$86||$776||$65|
|Acadia SLE AWD||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|Acadia SLT 2WD||$248||$366||$368||$22||$110||$1,114||$93|
|Acadia SLT AWD||$212||$370||$270||$16||$80||$948||$79|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter prices considerably.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The example below demonstrates how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can raise GMC Acadia insurance rates for different insured age categories. The data is based on a single female driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Higher deductibles save money
The information below shows how choosing a deductible and can change GMC Acadia insurance rates for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some providers don't list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you can combine your home and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may earn up to 20% and get you affordable GMC Acadia insurance rates in Evansville.
- Senior Citizens - Drivers over the age of 55 may be able to get better auto insurance rates.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Keeping the miles down on your GMC may enable drivers to earn slightly better prices than normal.
- Seat Belt Usage - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts could save 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Active Military Service - Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Responsible Driver Discounts - Insureds without accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Accident Waiver - Not a discount per se, but certain companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Telematics Data Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow companies to track driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could save a few bucks if they exhibit good driving behavior.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A list of auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, driver training, youthful driver, 55 and retired, good student, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual offers premium reductions for newly married, exclusive group savings, safety features, new vehicle discount, and multi-car.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and passive restraint.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has savings for paperless, safe vehicle, anti-theft, mature driver, teen driver, and paid in full.
- GEICO offers discounts for air bags, good student, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include anti-lock brakes, multi-car, homeowner, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, and drive less.
When getting free Evansville auto insurance quotes, it's a good idea to all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some discounts might not apply in your area. To see auto insurance companies who offer auto insurance discounts in Evansville, click here to view.
When in doubt talk to an agent
When quoting and choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your financial needs are unique.
These are some specific questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Local Evansville auto insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather buy from a local agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates and still have a local agent.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Evansville auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. Get lower rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurance company shouldn't rely on just a low price. Any agent in Evansville should have no problem answering these questions:
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Evansville auto insurance agents are either independent or exclusive
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Evansville agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive insurance agents receive a lot of sales training on what they offer which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Some consumers prefer to choose to use a exclusive agent partially due to high brand loyalty and strong financial ratings.
The following is a list of exclusive agents in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
- State Farm: Paul Watzlavik
8688 Ruffian Ln - Newburgh, IN 47630 - (812) 422-1195 - View Map
- Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Sam Tanoos
5334 Vogel Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-1034 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can quote policies with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If premiums increase, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it's recommended you include at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most can insure with smaller companies which can save you money.
Shown below are Evansville independent agents that are able to give price quote information.
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Lancaster Insurance Agency
658 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8883 - View Map
If you get acceptable answers for all questions you ask and the cheapest GMC Acadia insurance in Evansville quotes, it's a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Having a good grasp of your insurance policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims like sideswiping another vehicle, sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a mailbox, driving through your garage door and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Acadia in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/10 that means you have $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing better liability coverage.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as theft, damage from flooding, hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense insurance
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for dental work, nursing services and doctor visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More effort can pay off
As you shop your coverage around, it's very important that you do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, but don't skip important coverages to save money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including poor customer service, lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
You just learned a lot of information how to shop for GMC Acadia insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Evansville auto insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may even discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Ride Shares in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Business Use in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Institute)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)