Want to learn how to save money and find cheaper Dodge Durango insurance in Fort Wayne? Finding low-cost insurance for your Dodge Durango in Indiana can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for car insurance and we'll show you the best way to compare rates on a Dodge and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and Fort Wayne agents.
Statistics show that nearly 70% of consumers have been with the same company for at least the last four years, and just short of a majority have never even compared rates from other companies. Many drivers in America could save up to $859 each year, but they don't know how much they could save if they changed companies.
Finding the cheapest car insurance coverage in Fort Wayne can initially seem challenging. If you have insurance now or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to reduce the price you pay without having to cut coverage. Smart buyers just have to learn the best way to compare prices from multiple carriers.
The providers in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing Durango insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Dodge Durango in Fort Wayne, insurance is required by state law in Indiana and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will force you to have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Dodge at a much higher rate and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Dodge Durango. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying over $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Dodge Durango Insurance Premiums Can Be Cheaper
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the elements that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are most of the major factors car insurance companies consider when setting your prices.
Get cheaper costs if you're married - Having a spouse actually saves money when buying car insurance. Having a significant other translates into being less irresponsible it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
More policies can equal more savings - The majority of insurers will award discounts for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, it's still a good idea to compare Dodge Durango rates in Fort Wayne to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. It's possible to still find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
Premiums are affected by your credit rating - Your credit history is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Drivers with good credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims than drivers who have poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating is not that good, you could pay less to insure your Dodge Durango if you improve your credit rating.
Tickets and citations cost more than a fine - Being a careful driver has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Drivers who don't get tickets have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Having a single moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers who get severe violations such as DUI or reckless driving may face state-mandated requirements to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Your age impacts your premiums - Youthful drivers in Indiana are statistically proven to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher car insurance rates. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, tend to file fewer claims, and get fewer tickets.
Insurance loss data for Dodge Durango vehicles - Auto insurance companies use past insurance losses to determine a rate that will be profitable for them. Models that the statistics show to have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Durango vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as an average, equals 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Dodge Durango Models
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Companies offer lots of discounts on Dodge Durango insurance in Fort Wayne
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but companies offer discounts that you may not even be aware of. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but some discounts are required to be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you're not getting every credit available, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage - Forcing all vehicle occupants to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- No Accidents - Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne car insurance quote compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Organization Discounts - Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Fort Wayne may earn a discount when getting a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Distant College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Driver Education Discount - Have your child participate in a local driver's education class in high school.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some credits might not be offered on policies everywhere. To choose insurance companies offering insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click this link.
Don't assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to the right insurance coverage, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that. These are some specific questions might point out if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- What happens if I owe more than my Dodge Durango is worth?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
If you're not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It's fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance quotes from local Fort Wayne insurance agents
Many drivers just want to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents can help determine the best coverages and give you someone to call. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still have a local agent.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), the quote information is submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
If you would like to find local Fort Wayne agents, you need to know there are two types of agencies and how they are slightly different. Insurance agents in Fort Wayne are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can handle insurance, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are not able to give you multiple price quotes so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often buy from exclusive agents partially due to the brand rather than low rates.
Shown below are Fort Wayne exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Scott Robinson - State Farm Insurance Agent
4705 Illinois Rd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 744-3218 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
- John Hayes - State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-4711 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents are appointed with more than one company so as a result can place your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing rate quotes, you will want to check rates from a couple of independent agencies for the best price selection. Many can place coverage with smaller mutual companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below is a list of independent agencies in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quotes.
- Tom Steckler Agency Inc
10432 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 338-0338 - View Map
- Affordable Agency Inc
2314 Lake Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 485-2526 - View Map
- Real Estate Agents Health Insurance Direct
8411 Clinton Park Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (855) 343-7344 - View Map
Persistence pays off
In this article, we covered a lot of tips how to save on Dodge Durango insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with a company that doesn't do a lot of advertising. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
Cheaper car insurance in Fort Wayne is definitely available both online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies do not offer internet price quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Rates for Drivers Over Age 70 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Lafayette, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in South Bend, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determining Your Vehicle's Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)