Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable Ford Mustang insurance in Fort Wayne? Trying to find low-cost insurance for your Ford Mustang in Indiana can be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to make it easier.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for auto insurance and you need to know the proper way to compare rates for a Ford and find the best price possible either online or from Fort Wayne insurance agents.
Sadly, over 70% of drivers have remained with the same auto insurance company for four years or more, and 38% of customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. Fort Wayne drivers can cut their rates by almost 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they assume it's a waste of time to find lower-cost auto insurance rates.
If you have insurance now or just want cheaper rates, use these techniques to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Quoting the lowest cost policy in Fort Wayne is quite easy. Vehicle owners just have to understand the proper methods to find the lowest price from multiple carriers.
The most recommended method to compare car insurance rates for Ford Mustang insurance in Fort Wayne is to know the fact car insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. The only thing you need to do is provide details such as if you lease or own, if you went to college, level of coverage desired, and your general credit rating. Your rating data is instantly sent to multiple companies and you get price estimates instantly to find the best rate.
To start a quote now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Mustang 2-Dr Convertible||$128||$306||$364||$22||$110||$930||$78|
|Mustang 2-Dr Coupe||$212||$496||$424||$26||$128||$1,286||$107|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Convertible||$272||$592||$280||$16||$84||$1,244||$104|
|Mustang GT 2-Dr Coupe||$194||$392||$358||$22||$108||$1,074||$90|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Convertible||$234||$614||$294||$18||$88||$1,248||$104|
|Mustang Shelby GT500 2-Dr Coupe||$300||$692||$350||$20||$106||$1,468||$122|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can decrease or increase auto insurance rates considerably.
Gender-based car insurance premiums
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Mustang insurance premiums for male and female drivers. The information is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Driving violations and accidents
The diagram below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault claims raise Ford Mustang premium costs for each different age group. The rate quotes are based on a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
The example below illustrates how choosing a deductible and can influence Ford Mustang annual premium costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are factored in.
Affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies don't always advertise every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so below is a list some of the best known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Federal Employees - Simply working for the federal government may qualify for a discount when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance with certain companies.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and that can save you a little bit as well.
- Telematics Devices - Insureds that choose to allow their insurance company to scrutinize driving patterns by using a telematic data system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could possibly reduce rates if they have good driving habits.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you can get a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne auto insurance quote.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Discount for Low Mileage - Driving less could earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Seat Belt Usage - Buckling up and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Life Insurance - Select companies reward you with better auto insurance rates if you take out some life insurance too.
It's important to understand that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it's possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
A few popular companies and the discounts they provide are detailed below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include anti-theft, good student, passive restraint, accident-free, driver's education, and safe vehicle.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-policy, good student, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers has discounts for good student, payment discounts, continuous insurance, multi-policy, and new car.
- American Family offers premium reductions for mySafetyValet, defensive driver, air bags, accident-free, early bird, and bundled insurance.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, multi-car, preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
If you need cheaper Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes, ask every company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in Fort Wayne. To choose companies that offer discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Get Lower-cost Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are used when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although others are not as apparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
Don't get traffic citations - Having just one citation can increase rates forty percent or more. Attentive drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers with serious violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Cheaper rates for being claim-free - If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Auto insurance companies in Indiana award cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Your car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Big cities have higher premiums - Having an address in smaller towns and rural areas of the country is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers on the road means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims Drivers in populated Indiana areas have more traffic problems and longer commutes to work. More time behind the wheel means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Lower prices with theft deterrents - Choosing to buy a car with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems all help stop your car from being stolen.
Better prices on safer cars - Safe vehicles cost less to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may cost less to insure.
Driver age impacts rates - Older drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.Inexperience drivers tend to be inattentive and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher insurance rates.
Insurance loss data for Ford Mustang vehicles - Auto insurance companies analyze the history of losses when determining insurance costs. Models that the data determines to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have increased rates. The table below shows the loss history for Ford Mustang vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probablilty for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Percentage numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or a tendancy for losses to be larger than average.
Ford Mustang Insurance Claim Statistics
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Mustang 2dr||175||80||131||109||136||117|
|Ford Mustang GT 2dr||171||61||143||82|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Comparing prices from local Fort Wayne car insurance agents
Certain consumers prefer to have an agent's advice and doing that can be a smart decision Professional insurance agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting small agencies is important especially in Fort Wayne.
Upon completion of this short form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your car insurance coverage. There is no reason to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. In the event you want to get a price quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When looking for local Fort Wayne agents, it helps to know the two different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Car insurance agencies can be categorized as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it's important to know why they differ since it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies through many companies and find the cheapest rate. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and that require little work on your part. If you need lower rates, it's a good idea to include independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that may be able to give free car insurance rate quotes.
- Northern Insurance
7113 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 969-5613 - View Map
- Masters Insurance Fort Wayne Indiana
4324 Flagstaff Cove - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 702-0945 - View Map
- Hylant Group
6714 Pointe Inverness Way #100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 969-3900 - View Map
Exclusive insurance agents normally can only provide a single company's rates like Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you need to shop around if the rates are high. These agents are well schooled on their company's products which aids in selling service over price. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents mostly because of the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-0156 - View Map
- American Family Insurance - Janie Laboube Agency Inc.
2810 Beaver Ave - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-9798 - View Map
- Valentine White-Xayarath - State Farm Insurance Agent
5533 S Anthony Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46806 - (260) 447-1074 - View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What insurance companies do they work with in Fort Wayne?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
When trying to cut insurance costs, do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, someone dropped full coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
In this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Ford Mustang insurance prices online in Fort Wayne. It's most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the lowest prices come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, policy non-renewal, policy cancellation or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter what your reason, choosing a new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Teenage Females? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Hyundai Elantra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Dodge Ram in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)