Finding low-cost insurance for a Ford Escape in Indiana could be a lot of work, but you can learn these tips to find lower rates. There are both good and bad ways to find car insurance online and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a Ford and get the cheapest rates either online or from Evansville insurance agents.
Buying the cheapest insurance in Evansville can really be easy if you know what you're doing. If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can use this information to reduce premiums while maximizing coverage. Shoppers just have to use the quickest method to compare company rates over the internet.
Save with these discounts on Ford Escape insurance in Evansville
Buying car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Paper-free Discount - A few larger online companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy digitally online.
- Federal Employees - Active or former government employment can save as much as 8% with certain companies.
- Low Miles Discount - Low annual miles may enable drivers to earn slightly better car insurance rates than normal.
- Mature Driver Discount - If you're over the age of 55, you may receive better car insurance rates.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers who don't have accidents have much lower rates when compared with bad drivers.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and that can save you a little bit as well.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you're out of luck.
Popular car insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for youthful driver, multi-policy, 55 and retired, driver training, safe driver, renewal discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual policyholders can earn discounts including preferred payment discount, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, new vehicle discount, and exclusive group savings.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, multiple policy, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts including multiple vehicles, mature driver, anti-theft, safe driver, paperless, teen driver, and paid in full.
- GEICO may include discounts for defensive driver, seat belt use, daytime running lights, anti-theft, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, homeowner, drive less, and teen safe driver.
If you want inexpensive Evansville auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Evansville, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Escape XLS 2WD||$182||$352||$270||$16||$80||$900||$75|
|Escape XLS 4WD||$184||$294||$244||$14||$72||$808||$67|
|Escape XLT 2WD||$132||$238||$250||$14||$76||$710||$59|
|Escape Limited 2WD||$138||$206||$230||$14||$68||$656||$55|
|Escape XLT 4WD||$170||$256||$230||$14||$68||$738||$62|
|Escape Limited 4WD||$196||$362||$322||$20||$96||$996||$83|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rate information does not factor in specific garaging location which can increase or decrease price quotes noticeably.
Ford Escape insurance rates by age and gender
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Ford Escape car insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Illustration showing the impact of accidents and violations
The chart below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can raise Ford Escape auto insurance rates for different ages of insureds. The premiums assume a married male driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
What Determines Ford Escape Insurance Costs?
When buying insurance it's important to understand the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that may reward you with lower premium levels.
Credit rating impact insurance premiums - A driver's credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history is low, you could save money insuring your Ford Escape by repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
Type of car determines base premiums - The performance of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a huge difference in how high your rates are. Since the Ford Escape is classified as a crossover, insuring your vehicle will cost slightly more when compared to the average rates in Evansville. Economy passenger vehicles usually have the lowest premiums, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
Always keep your coverage in place - Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to pay more for insurance. Not only will you pay higher rates, being ticketed for driving with no insurance will get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the Indiana department of motor vehicles.
Qualify for multi-policy discounts - Many insurance companies will award lower prices to insureds who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount applied, you may still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. It's possible to still save money by buying insurance from a different company.
Reduce insurance rates by driving vehicles with better crash test results - Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safe vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less which can mean better rates for you. If your Ford Escape has at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
Getting married reduces risk - Having a spouse may cut your premiums when shopping for insurance. Having a significant other translates into being more mature it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Liability safeguards assets - Your insurance policy's liability coverage provides coverage if ever you are found liable for personal injury or accident damage. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
Ford Escape claim data - Insurers take into consideration insurance loss statistics for every vehicle as a tool for profitable underwriting. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have increased rates. The table below shows the collected loss data for Ford Escape vehicles.
For each coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles, as an average, is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Ford Escape Models
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Escape 4dr 2WD||80||91||83||94||94||92|
|Ford Escape 4dr 4WD||81||84||94||85||90||77|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there isn't really a cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your auto insurance should unique, too. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation could use an agent's help.
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- What does roadside assistance cover?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Ford Escape to commute?
If you can't answer these questions then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
When to have guidance from an insurance agency
Many people just want to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Professional agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Evansville who will gladly provide quotes for your business. You don't have to contact any agents since price quotes are sent directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Deciding on an insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agent, you need to know there are two different types of agents and how they function. Evansville agents are classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can provide auto insurance policies, but it's important to point out why they differ since it may influence buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot shop your coverage around so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies are highly trained on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following are Evansville exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Miller
5310 Pearl Dr b - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 423-5491 - View Map
- Felicia Chisholm - State Farm Insurance Agent
1211 Tutor Ln Ste F - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 471-3276 - View Map
- Kyle Rhone - State Farm Insurance Agent
421 N St Joseph Ave d - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 424-1708 - View Map
These agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a lower price, your agent can switch companies and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rates, it's a good idea to include at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Below are Evansville independent insurance agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Dean Webster Insurance Agency
1136 Washington Square - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 491-0995 - View Map
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
- Crosspointe Insurance Advisors
401 SE 6th St #106 - Evansville, IN 47708 - (888) 788-1565 - View Map
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it's not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Evansville, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank will be required to insure your Ford for a much higher rate and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Ford Escape but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially for larger claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
The best insurance company isn't always the cheapest
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find affordable Ford Escape insurance in Evansville. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding low cost Evansville auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from the smaller companies. Regional companies often have lower car insurance rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
Low-cost Ford Escape insurance in Evansville can be found on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agents.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- What if I Can't Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Bloomington, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)