Are you a victim of an expensive insurance policy? It's a common feeling and you're not alone.
A study showed that the vast majority of consumers have been with the same company for well over three years, and roughly 40% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in Evansville can save hundreds of dollars each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to compare rate quotes online. Multiple auto insurance companies compete for your business, so it's not easy to compare every insurer to discover the definitive lowest rate possible on Lincoln MKS insurance in Evansville.
Most of the larger companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive provide prices direct online. Getting online quotes for Lincoln MKS insurance in Evansville is fairly straightforward as you just enter the coverage amounts you desire as requested by the quote form. After the form is submitted, the company's rating system pulls your credit score and driving record and returns a price based on many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, and it is important to perform this step in order to find the most affordable possible premiums on insurance.
To save time and find out how much you can save on insurance, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you enter the coverage information as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will receive an apples-to-apples comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The following companies can provide free quotes in Evansville, IN. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$304||$592||$238||$14||$72||$1,220||$102|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$346||$592||$312||$18||$94||$1,362||$114|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$244||$452||$238||$14||$72||$1,020||$85|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in zip code location which can impact prices noticeably.
An analysis of deductible level
The information below highlights how deductible choice and can affect Lincoln MKS insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Poor driving habits will raise your car insurance rates
The illustration below shows how violations and at-fault fender-benders raise Lincoln MKS car insurance rates for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Get affordable rates on Lincoln MKS insurance in Evansville with these nine discounts
Car insurance companies don't always list every policy discount very well, so here is a list some of the best known as well as some of the hidden ways to save on insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates.
- Accident Forgiveness - Not really a discount, but certain companies permit an accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Driving less could qualify for lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Accident-Free Discounts - Insureds who avoid accidents and claims have much lower rates as compared to drivers with a long claim history.
- New Vehicle Savings - Insuring a new MKS can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for new model year vehicles.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
- Evansville Homeowners Discount - Owning your own home or condo can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds who allow driving data submission to track vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive's Snapshot might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions so you can save 10 percent or more.
Remember that many deductions do not apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, you're out of luck.
Popular insurance companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, multi-policy, online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, homeowner, and multi-vehicle.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for bundle discounts, pay in full, homeowner, switch companies, alternative fuel, business and professional, and multi-car.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for safe driver, youthful driver, 55 and retired, renewal discount, driver training, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- State Farm discounts include accident-free, safe vehicle, good student, multiple policy, anti-theft, student away at school, and driver's education.
- GEICO offers discounts including air bags, multi-policy, membership and employees, defensive driver, multi-vehicle, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for accident prevention training, drive less, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual includes discounts for safety features, preferred payment discount, newly married, good student, and new move discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Discounts may not apply in Evansville. To see insurers that offer many of these discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Local neighborhood agents and insurance
Certain consumers would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. Insurance agents can help you build your policy and help submit paperwork. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes but also keep your business local. Buying from and supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Evansville.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Evansville that can provide free Evansville car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, just find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of auto insurance agents in Evansville
When researching local Evansville agents, there are a couple of different types of agents and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Insurance policy providers can either be independent or exclusive. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but we need to point out how they differ since it can affect which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agents often have affiliation with several companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with many different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent.
When comparison shopping, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a few independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Shown below are independent insurance agencies in Evansville that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so keep that in mind. These agents are trained well on their company's products which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Evansville who can help you get rate quotes.
Picking the best car insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. A good agent in Evansville will have answers to these questions.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
Once you have acceptable answers to these questions in addition to an acceptable price estimate, you may have found an insurance agency that is reliable enough to adequately provide insurance. Just understand that you can cancel coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel you're contractually obligated to your new company for the full policy term.
Here's why insurance is not optional
Even though it can be expensive, insurance serves several important purposes.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your MKS has a lienholder, almost every bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is cancelled, the lender may insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your personal assets. It will also reimburse you for most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Lincoln as the result of the weather or an accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. The average driver in America is overpaying over $830 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive coverage - Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as vandalism, damage from getting keyed, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible it's not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for liability - Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to other's property or people. It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds, court costs and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but you should buy higher limits if possible. Indiana state law requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should consider buying more coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage - Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants as well as damage to your Lincoln MKS.
Due to the fact that many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That's why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
Medical payments coverage and PIP - Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Collision coverages - This covers damage to your MKS caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible on your MKS to save money on collision insurance.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
You just read some good ideas how you can save on Lincoln MKS insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding inexpensive Evansville car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. These smaller insurers can often provide lower prices in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Discount Lincoln MKS insurance in Evansville can be bought online and from local agencies, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies.
When searching for the cheapest Lincoln MKS rate quotes, don't be tempted to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information is available at the links below
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Columbus, IN? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Drivers Requiring a SR22? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)