Feeling guilty for buying overpriced Honda HR-V insurance in Indianapolis? Say no more because there are many Indianapolis consumers feeling the pinch from expensive auto insurance.
Astonishing but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. Indianapolis drivers could save nearly 55% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the rate savings if they switched. With so many insurance providers from which to choose, it's difficult to pick a more affordable auto insurance company.
Finding more affordable Honda HR-V auto insurance rates doesn't have to be difficult. Just take the time comparing rates to discover which company has affordable Indianapolis car insurance quotes.
Getting free quotes online is quite simple, and it takes the place of having to go to and from local Indianapolis insurance agencies. The ability to get quotes online eliminates this option unless you have a need for the personal advice that can only be provided by a licensed insurance agent. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, we suggest you get rates from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Discount Indianapolis auto insurance quotes
Not too many consumers would say auto insurance is affordable, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member could mean lower auto insurance rates.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Multi-policy Discount - If you can bundle your home and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you may save up to 20% and get you cheap HR-V insurance.
- Driver Training Discounts - Taking time to complete a course teaching driver safety skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars with ABS and/or traction control prevent accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Data Collection Discounts - People who choose to allow driving data submission to spy on driving patterns by using a telematics device such as Allstate's Drivewise and State Farm's In-Drive system may see discounts if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Own a Home and Save - Simply owning a home may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business. Any qualifying discounts will cut the cost of your policy.
Some companies that have these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need lower rates, check with all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in Indianapolis. To find auto insurance companies with the best Honda HR-V insurance discounts in Indianapolis, click here to view.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Honda HR-V in Indianapolis, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability coverage in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your HR-V, most lenders will have a requirement that you have insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Honda at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects both your Honda HR-V and your personal assets. It will also provide coverage for medical transport and hospital expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I just need basic coverages?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone's needs are different so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions might help in determining if your insurance needs might need an agent's assistance.
- When can I cancel my policy?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
- Do I need to call my car insurance company before buying a new car?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
If you don't know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to talk to an agent
Some consumers still prefer to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain lower rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who will give you bids for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered directly to your email. If you wish to compare rates from a particular provider, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an company requires more thought than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- What are the financial ratings for the companies they represent?
- Where are claims handled?
If you want a good insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that you can choose from. Agents in Indianapolis can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Either type can write policy coverage, but it's a good idea to understand the difference between them because it can factor into the selection process.
These agents can only provide one company's prices and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are well trained on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Listed below are Indianapolis exclusive insurance agents who may provide you with price quote information.
Frances Johnson - State Farm Insurance Agent
5707 N Michigan Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46228 - (317) 257-3504 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to contact a few independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
The following is a short list of independent insurance agencies in Indianapolis that are able to give comparison quotes.
Once you have good answers to your questions as well as a affordable price, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that is reliable enough to adequately provide auto insurance. Just understand that consumers can cancel coverage when you choose so don't think that you are permanently stuck with a policy with no way to switch.