Shopping for cheap Evansville Fiat 500 insurance quotes online can be challenging for drivers who are beginners to quoting and comparing rates and buying car insurance on the internet. With so many agents and insurers to choose from, how can drivers even start to compare every company to locate the lowest price available?
Amazingly, most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and nearly half have never shopped around. With the average car insurance premium being $1,390, Indiana drivers could save an average of almost 55% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they assume it's a waste of time to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
If you have a policy now, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the techniques covered below. This information will familiarize you with how to compare rates easily and also save some money in the process Nevertheless, Indiana consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies set your policy premium and take advantage of how the system works.
Companies offering Fiat 500 insurance in Evansville
The following companies are ready to provide price quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
Cheaper rates with these seven discounts on Fiat 500 insurance in Evansville
Some companies do not advertise all available discounts very clearly, so we break down a few of the more common and the more hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Evansville auto insurance online.
- Early Payment Discounts - If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Early Switch Discount - A few companies give discounts for signing up before your current 500 insurance policy expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Defensive Driver Discount - Passing a course in defensive driver can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Distant Student - College-age children who live away from home to go to college and leave their car at home could get you a discount.
- Braking Control Discount - Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of more than 20%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
As is typical with insurance, some credits don't apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, companies wouldn't make money that way. Any qualifying discounts will lower your auto insurance premiums.
A few of the larger companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm discounts include multiple policy, good student, driver's education, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and good student.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts including defensive driver, good student, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may have discounts that include driver training, good student, 55 and retired, multi-policy, and youthful driver.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, air bags, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO may include discounts for bundle discounts, drive less, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, and safe driver.
If you need lower rates, check with each company to apply every possible discount. Savings may not apply to policies in your state. To locate insurance companies offering auto insurance discounts in Indiana, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
A small number of people still prefer to buy from a local agent. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap rate quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. You never need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you. Get lower rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you have a need to quote rates from one company in particular, you just need to search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking a insurance company requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
- What is the agency's Better Business Bureau rating?
What type of Evansville auto insurance agent is right for you?
If you want to buy insurance from a good Evansville insurance agent, there are two types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Evansville may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Agents in the exclusive channel write business for a single company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so keep that in mind. They are trained well on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following are Evansville exclusive insurance agencies who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Sam Tanoos
5334 Vogel Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-1034 - View Map
- Don O'Bradovich - State Farm Insurance Agent
556 S Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-9020 - View Map
- Progressive Insurance
5600 E Virginia St - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 962-5801 - View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with a variety of different insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If you are not satisfied with one company, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you don't have to do anything.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to companies you've never heard of that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are independent agents in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
- Dean Webster Insurance Agency
1136 Washington Square - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 491-0995 - View Map
- Schultheis Insurance
32 N Weinbach Ave - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 479-8651 - View Map
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
After you get satisfactory answers for all questions you ask and an affordable coverage quote, you've probably found an insurance agency that can insure your vehicles.
Specific coverage details
Understanding the coverages of your insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
This will pay to fix damage to your 500 caused by collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims like scraping a guard rail, crashing into a ditch and backing into a parked car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your 500 to bring the cost down.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle's occupants when the "other guys" do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Fiat 500.
Since many Indiana drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (Indiana limits are 25/50/10), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass, hitting a bird, vandalism and damage from flooding. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle's value is low it's probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for expenses such as ambulance fees, doctor visits, surgery, funeral costs and X-ray expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 25/50/10 that translate to $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, medical expenses, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
Budget-friendly insurance in Evansville is available on the web and with local Evansville insurance agents, so get free Evansville auto insurance quotes from both of them to have the best selection. Some insurance providers may not offer online rate quotes and most of the time these regional carriers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you quote Evansville auto insurance, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Insureds switch companies for many reasons like delays in paying claims, not issuing a premium refund, questionable increases in premium and denial of a claim. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new insurance company can be less work than you think.
More tips and info about insurance is available by following these links:
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Fishers, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)