Want to know an easy way to compare low-cost insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the best price on Dodge Ram insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates. There is a better way to buy insurance and you need to know the best way to quote coverages on a Dodge and locate the lowest price from Fort Wayne insurance agents and online providers.
Unfortunately, most consumers renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and just under half have never shopped around. Fort Wayne drivers could save about 55% every year just by shopping around, but most just don't grasp the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a more affordable policy.
Locating the best rates in Fort Wayne is easy if you know what you're doing. If you already have coverage, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your rates using these methods. Consumers just have to know the most efficient way to quote multiple rates from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Dodge Ram insurance in Fort Wayne
The companies in the list below can provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 2WD||$188||$304||$304||$18||$92||$906||$76|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 2WD||$272||$450||$428||$26||$128||$1,304||$109|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 2WD||$172||$304||$358||$22||$108||$964||$80|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 2WD||$138||$212||$326||$20||$98||$794||$66|
|Ram Quad Cab ST 4WD||$130||$226||$334||$20||$100||$810||$68|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$220||$362||$428||$26||$128||$1,164||$97|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 2WD||$262||$494||$412||$24||$124||$1,316||$110|
|Ram Quad Cab SLT 4WD||$268||$502||$384||$22||$114||$1,290||$108|
|Ram Crew Cab ST 4WD||$302||$536||$428||$26||$128||$1,420||$118|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 2WD||$264||$422||$324||$20||$96||$1,126||$94|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 2WD||$144||$266||$358||$22||$108||$898||$75|
|Ram Quad Cab TRX4 Off Road 4WD||$276||$472||$326||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab TRX 4WD||$216||$340||$324||$20||$96||$996||$83|
|Ram Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$210||$358||$298||$18||$90||$974||$81|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 2WD||$276||$472||$326||$20||$98||$1,192||$99|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$190||$358||$358||$22||$108||$1,036||$86|
|Ram Crew Cab Sport 4WD||$338||$632||$428||$26||$128||$1,552||$129|
|Ram Quad Cab Sport 4WD||$144||$266||$358||$22||$108||$898||$75|
|Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$172||$340||$304||$18||$92||$926||$77|
|Ram Quad Cab Laramie 4WD||$262||$580||$334||$20||$100||$1,296||$108|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Price information does not factor in specific Fort Wayne garaging location which can increase or decrease prices considerably.
Car insurance deductibles
The example below shows how different deductible levels and can increase or decrease Dodge Ram insurance rates for different age groups. The premiums assume a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below compares Dodge Ram auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
These discounts can lower your auto insurance rates
Some insurers don't always advertise every disount available very well, so we took the time to find some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to you.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts - Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driving Data Discount - Insureds that choose to allow their company to scrutinize driving manner through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if their driving habits are good.
- Pay Upfront and Save - If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Accident Waiver - Not really a discount, but a few companies such as Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will let one accident slide before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims for a specific time period.
- Own a Home - Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because it demonstrates responsibility.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Employees or retirees of the government may reduce rates when you quote Fort Wayne auto insurance with certain companies.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select insurance companies give a discount for buying a new policy before your current Ram insurance policy expires. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should take driver's ed class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Multiple Cars - Having primary and secondary vehicles with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
One last thing about discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like it's possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn't stay in business.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts can be found below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, anti-theft, good student, accident-free, driver's education, student away at school, and passive restraint.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- Progressive offers discounts for online quote discount, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online signing, good student, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers discounts including multi-policy, claim-free, defensive driver, accident-free, good driver, good student
- Farm Bureau discounts include renewal discount, multi-policy, driver training, youthful driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and safe driver.
- GEICO may include discounts for air bags, membership and employees, emergency military deployment, multi-policy, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO may offer discounts for teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, teen safe driver, homeowner, safe driver, multi-car, and accident prevention training.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every insurance company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be offered in Fort Wayne. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in Fort Wayne, click here.
Local neighborhood insurance agents
Many people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Good insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheap rate quotes and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who will give you bids for your coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to leave your computer since price quotes are sent to you directly. If you want to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, just find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an provider requires more thought than just the quoted price. Any agent in Fort Wayne should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
If you prefer to buy car insurance from a good Fort Wayne insurance agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Fort Wayne can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell and service car insurance coverage, but it's a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare rates from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are well schooled on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some consumers prefer to use the same agent partially due to the brand legacy and solid financial strength.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Fort Wayne that are able to give price quote information.
- Melissa Satterthwaite - State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-5503 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance - Shea Smith
1104 W State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46808 - (260) 420-2000 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with a variety of different insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move your policy to a different company which is easy for the insured. If you need cheaper car insurance rates, we recommend you contact multiple independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many independent agencies also insure through smaller companies which could offer lower prices.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802 - (260) 424-4150 - View Map
- The DeHayes Group
5150 W Jefferson Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 424-5600 - View Map
- InsureOne Insurance Agency
3213 E State Blvd - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 216-0024 - View Map
Don't give up on affordable coverage
A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Ram insurance can be bought both online as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it's not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. In many instances, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time they didn't purchase enough coverage. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, extreme rates for teen drivers, being labeled a high risk driver or even high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance Rates for 18 Year Olds? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance Rates for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)