How long has it been since you shopped around for low-cost insurance rates in Evansville, IN? Evansville shoppers have options when shopping for the best price on Nissan Titan insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or leverage the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a new or used Nissan and get the lowest price.
Smart consumers take time to shop coverage around before your policy renews because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. If you had the lowest price on Nissan Titan insurance in Evansville at your last renewal a different company probably has better rate quotes today. Block out anything you think you know about insurance because you're going to learn the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
The providers in the list below can provide price comparisons in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, it's a good idea that you get prices from several of them in order to find the lowest rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Titan XE King Cab 4WD||$216||$366||$280||$16||$84||$962||$80|
|Titan XE King Cab 2WD||$154||$244||$330||$20||$98||$846||$71|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 4WD||$220||$362||$380||$22||$114||$1,098||$92|
|Titan SE King Cab 4WD||$244||$366||$280||$16||$84||$990||$83|
|Titan XE Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$336||$362||$22||$108||$1,050||$88|
|Titan SE King Cab 2WD||$116||$190||$330||$20||$98||$754||$63|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 4WD||$138||$250||$290||$18||$86||$782||$65|
|Titan Pro-4X King Cab 4WD||$130||$266||$294||$18||$88||$796||$66|
|Titan SE Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$504||$396||$24||$118||$1,276||$106|
|Titan Pro-4X Crew Cab 4WD||$196||$400||$340||$20||$102||$1,058||$88|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 4WD||$118||$230||$270||$16||$80||$714||$60|
|Titan LE Crew Cab 2WD||$218||$400||$424||$26||$128||$1,196||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific Evansville garaging location which can revise coverage prices considerably.
Liability only or full coverage
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan Titan car insurance rates when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $100 deductibles, single male driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline for eliminating comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Nissan Titan claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would receive is $6,000 after you pay the deductible. If you are paying in excess of $600 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where removing full coverage is not in your best interest. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to prevent the bank from purchasing higher-priced coverage. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage.
How high should deductibles be?
The diagram below shows how choosing a deductible and can influence Nissan Titan insurance premiums for each different age category. The rates are based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Insurance premiums for males and females
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Titan insurance costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no claims or driving violations, full physical damage coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Why you need Nissan vehicle insurance in Indiana
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be mandatory for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability protection in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your Nissan Titan with a loan, almost all lenders will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank may insure your Nissan for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $825 a year so you should quote rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
How You Can Control Nissan Titan Insurance Prices
Lots of things are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or how safe your car is. Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the things that aid in calculating your insurance rates. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in lower insurance prices.
- Married people drive safer - Having a significant other can actually save you money on your policy. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be more stable financially and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Youthful drivers are expensive to insure - Inexperience drivers have a tendency to be inattentive when driving with friends so insurance rates are higher. Having to add a first-time driver to your policy can increase premiums substantially. More mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are generally more financially stable.
- High performance equals high costs - The make and model of the vehicle you drive makes a substantial difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest rates are usually for lower cost passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors. Since the Nissan Titan is classified as a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price than the average rate where you live in Evansville.
- Bad credit will cost you - Your credit score is a big factor in determining what you pay. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could pay less to insure your Nissan Titan by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with lower ratings.
- Women pay lower rates - The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. Now that doesn't mean women are better drivers. Both sexes are responsible for at-fault accidents at about the same rate, but the men get into accidents with more damage. They also receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore are the most expensive to insure.
- Safer the car lower the rate - Vehicles that have high safety ratings are cheaper to insure. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums. If the Nissan Titan earned at least an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it may be receiving lower rates.
- Insurance losses for a Nissan Titan - Insurance companies use data from past claims when they calculate premium prices for each model. Vehicles that have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more for coverage.
The table shown below demonstrates the historical loss data for Nissan Titan vehicles. For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Nissan Titan Vehicles
Specific Nissan Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Titan Crew Cab 2WD 95 127 120 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4WD 95 137 109 77 99 108 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 2WD 117 111 Nissan Titan Ext Cab 4WD 106 107
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost insurance quotes
Insurance is expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few need to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Auto/Home Discount - If you can bundle your homeowners and auto insurance and place coverage with the same company you could save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- ABS Brakes - Cars equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Driver's Ed - Teen drivers should enroll in driver's education if it's offered in school.
- Defensive Driving Course - Taking a defensive driver course could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Seat Belts Save - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Clubs and Organizations - Being a member of a qualifying organization is a simple method to lower premiums on insurance.
- Home Ownership Discount - Owning a home in Evansville may earn you a small savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- No Claim Discounts - Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best insurance rates in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Discount for Good Grades - Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up to age 25.
- Senior Discount - Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a discount up to 10%.
It's important to understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, insurance companies aren't that generous.
Insurance companies that may include some of the discounts shown above include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered in your area. To locate providers that offer multiple discounts in Indiana, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that Agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is you may find lower car insurance rates and still have a local agent. And buying from neighborhood agents is important particularly in Evansville.
By using this short form, your insurance coverage information is transmitted to local insurance agents in Evansville who can give free rate quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won't have to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered straight to your inbox. If you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Pick the best car insurance agent in Evansville for you
When searching for an insurance agent, it's important to understand the different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance policy providers may be either independent or exclusive. Both can provide auto insurance policies, but it's worth learning how they are different because it can influence the selection process.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are appointed with more than one company and that gives them the ability to insure with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing auto insurance prices, we highly recommend that you get several quotes from several independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. Many can place coverage with small regional insurance companies which may provide better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in Evansville that may be able to provide competitive price quotes.
- Jason Wright Insurance Agency LLC
417 N Weinbach Ave #104 - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 402-9008 - View Map
- Archer Insurance
2603 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 464-3633 - View Map
- Heston Insurance Agency
2029 Washington Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 479-3141 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company's prices like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. They are usually well trained on their company's products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand name instead of buying on price only.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Evansville that are able to give price quotes.
- State Farm - Jenna Powers
3820 Oak Hill Rd #8 - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 401-3276 - View Map
- Felicia Chisholm - State Farm Insurance Agent
1211 Tutor Ln Ste F - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 471-3276 - View Map
- Farmers Insurance
999 Kenmore Dr - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 476-2224 - View Map
Picking the best insurance agent should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- What is their Better Business Bureau rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
Quote more and you will save more
Budget-friendly insurance in Evansville is possible both online and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and many times these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including poor customer service, policy cancellation, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider can be less work than you think.
As you quote Evansville auto insurance, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Even more information can be read in the articles below:
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Chevrolet Equinox in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for High School Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Portage, Indiana? (FAQ)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Teen Driving and Texting (State Farm)