Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG in Indiana can normally be difficult, but you can follow the following methods and make it easy.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance so we're going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Mercedes-Benz and locate the lowest price.
Compare free Evansville Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes
The auto insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Indiana. If several companies are displayed, it's highly recommended you get prices from several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Even though it can be expensive, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Mercedes-Benz has a lienholder, it's most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Mercedes-Benz at a more expensive rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance protects both your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG and your assets. It will also provide coverage for hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your SLS AMG are definitely more than the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in Indiana overpays as much as $865 each year so shop around every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Components of Your Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Insurance Prices
Many things are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, although some other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The items below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
Battle of the sexes - Statistics have proven females are less aggressive when driving. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both genders are in fender benders at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as driving while intoxicated (DWI) or driving recklessly. Male teenagers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Avoid tickets and save - Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Having just one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers get better prices as compared to those with violations. Drivers with serious violations such as reckless driving or DUI are required to complete a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to prevent a license revocation.
Prevent your car from being stolen - Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft features such as GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent car theft and help bring rates down.
Insure your auto and home with one company - Most larger insurers allow a discount to people that purchase more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even if you already get this discount, you may still want to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save even more than the discount even if you insure with multiple companies
Why do you need liability insurance? - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance will protect you if a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. This coverage provides for a legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
Long commutes cost more - Driving more miles each year the more you'll pay to insure your vehicle. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. It's a smart idea to ensure your auto insurance declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Improper usage on your SLS AMG is just wasting money.
The type of car you drive affects your prices - The performance level of the car you are insuring makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Since the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG falls in the luxury sports car class, insurance will be up to twice as much than the average rate where you live in Evansville. Lower cost passenger cars usually are quite affordable to insure, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
High comp and collision deductibles lower premiums - Comp and collision deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are rearending another vehicle, animal collisions, and damage caused by road hazards. The more you're willing to pay, the less money you will pay for auto insurance.
Car insurance rates and discounts
Some insurers do not advertise the entire discount list very clearly, so the list below contains a few of the more well known and the harder-to-find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Military Discounts - Having an actively deployed family member can result in better premium rates.
- Policy Bundle Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you low cost Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance.
- Discount for Good Grades - Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Renewal Discounts - A few car insurance companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. You can save around 10% with this discount.
- Evansville Homeowners Discount - Owning a house in Evansville can earn you a little savings since home ownership demonstrates responsibility.
- Theft Prevention Discount - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Evansville auto insurance quote.
It's important to note that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that's just not realistic.
If you would like to view insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Different people need different auto insurance coverages
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent, there really isn't a perfect coverage plan. Everyone's situation is a little different and your auto insurance should unique, too. For instance, these questions can help discover whether you will benefit from professional help.
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Why am I be forced to buy a membership to get insurance from some companies?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When should I remove comp and collision on my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high in Evansville?
- When should I not buy collision coverage?
- Is a driver training discount available?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
If you can't answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It's fast, doesn't cost anything and may give you better protection.
Compare rates but work with a local Evansville insurance agency
Many drivers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and help submit paperwork. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agents is especially important in Evansville.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this simple form, your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents in Evansville who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent directly to your email. If you need to get a rate quote from one company in particular, don't hesitate to visit that company's website to submit a rate quote request.
When finding an insurance agent, there are a couple of different agency structures that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Evansville are classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both can sell auto insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they differ since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they can insure your vehicles amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If premiums increase, the business is moved internally and you don't have to find a new agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always compare quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Evansville who may be able to give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Gaslin Insurance Agency
2015 Stringtown Rd - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 425-1351 - View Map
These type of agents have only one company to place business with and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so if the price isn't competitive there isn't much they can do. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some insured continue to buy insurance from these agents primarily because of the brand legacy rather than low price.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Evansville willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Shelter Insurance - Genny Henning-Caudill
1033 Mt Pleasant Rd a - Evansville, IN 47725 - (812) 477-3004 - View Map
- Bob Davis - State Farm Insurance Agent
2727 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 491-7888 - View Map
- Manuel Ramirez - State Farm Insurance Agent
4709 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 477-8882 - View Map
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- When do they do policy reviews?
Do the work, save more money
In this article, we presented many tips how you can shop for Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG rate quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from an unexpected company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
More affordable car insurance in Evansville is available both online in addition to many Evansville insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don't offer online quoting and these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
When getting Evansville auto insurance quotes online, it's not a good idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to find out that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
Additional information is located at the links below
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Teenagers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a DUI in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Good Students in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for High Risk Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Elkhart, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)