Are you frustrated by the crazy number of car insurance providers available to you? You're not alone. You have so many choices that it can turn into a difficult mission to find the lowest price for Honda Ridgeline insurance in Indianapolis. Indianapolis is the perfect city to reside in, but high car insurance prices can make it impossible to afford good insurance coverage.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of car insurance customers in Indiana kept buying from the same company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared quotes from other companies. American drivers could save themselves up to $850 a year, but they just feel it's too hard to compare rate quotes.
It's important to shop coverage around yearly due to the fact that insurance prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates on Honda Ridgeline insurance in Indianapolis at your last renewal the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Educated Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some factors are common sense such as traffic violations, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
The list below includes a few of the "ingredients" utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Filing car insurance claims can cost you more - Auto insurance companies in Indiana give lower rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Gals tend to cost less - The statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. It does not mean females are better drivers. Females and males are responsible for accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Multi-policy discounts can save money - Many insurers give discounts to insureds who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare Honda Ridgeline rates in Indianapolis to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Rural areas have lower rates - Being located in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when shopping for auto insurance. Lower population corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to lower liability claims City drivers tend to have more traffic problems and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
- High deductibles save money - Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your Honda. Some examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Comp and collision deductibles state the amount of money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. The more money you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- Your spouse saves you money - Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on car insurance. Having a spouse translates into being more stable financially and insurance companies like that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Influences performance influences auto insurance rates - The performance of the car you need insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. Due to the fact that the Honda Ridgeline is considered a pickup truck, insuring your vehicle will cost similar in price as compared to the average rate in Indianapolis. Low performance passenger cars usually have the lowest rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
- Drive a safer car and pay less - Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company which can result in lower premiums.
To find low cost Indianapolis auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different Indianapolis insurance companies. The fastest way to find cheaper rates is to jump online and get quotes. When price shopping your coverage, obtaining a wide range of quotes increases the chance that you will find the best price.
The companies shown below provide free quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the most competitive price.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$138||$250||$304||$18||$92||$802||$67|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$222||$336||$326||$20||$98||$1,002||$84|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$210||$422||$334||$20||$100||$1,086||$91|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$248||$472||$326||$20||$98||$1,164||$97|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, and homeowner. Rate information does not factor in specific zip code location which can lower or raise coverage rates noticeably.
Comparison of car insurance rates by age and gender in Indianapolis
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Ridgeline car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Honda Ridgeline yearly insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no exact formula for phasing out physical damage insurance, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of having full coverage is 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Honda Ridgeline replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company will settle for is $5,000 after paying your deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 annually for full coverage, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
There are some situations where buying only liability insurance is not a good plan. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
The diagram below demonstrates how deductibles and can change Honda Ridgeline insurance prices for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Beware of misleading auto insurance ads
Auto insurance providers like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm regularly use television and radio advertisements. They all say the same thing about saving some big amount just by moving to their company. Is it even possible that every company can charge less that you're paying now? It's all in the words they use.
Insurance providers have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will be a good risk. An example of a desirable insured could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 5,000 miles a year. Any new insured who meets those qualifications receive the lowest rate quotes in Indianapolis and therefore will save a lot of money.
Drivers who do not fit these stringent criteria may be forced to pay a more expensive rate which results in business not being written. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "customers who switch" not "everyone that quotes" save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can advertise the savings.
Because every company is different, it's extremely important to do a price quote comparison at every renewal. Because you never know which company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Why you need quality insurance for your Honda Ridgeline
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Indianapolis, paying for insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Just about all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ridgeline, almost every bank will have a requirement that you carry insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Honda for a lot more money and force you to pay for the expensive policy.
- Insurance preserves your Honda and your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so you should quote and compare rates each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Cheaper Indianapolis car insurance quotes with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every discount they offer very clearly, so we researched some of the best known as well as some of the hidden discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount possible, you could be saving more on your car insurance.
- Discounts for Cautious Drivers - Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- ABS Braking Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Service Members Pay Less - Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Senior Citizens - Mature drivers may be able to get better car insurance rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts - Taking a defensive driver course could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have lower car insurance rates if you buy life insurance.
Remember that some credits don't apply to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it doesn't quite work that way.
Some companies that may offer most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent which discounts you qualify for. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policies in your state. To view companies that offer discounts in Indianapolis, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing auto insurance online is the fact that you can find cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Indianapolis.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Indianapolis who will give you quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don't have to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to your email address. It's the lowest rates without the usual hassles of price shopping. If you wish to compare rates from one company in particular, don't hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
When finding local Indianapolis agents, there are a couple of types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Indianapolis agents are considered either independent or exclusive.
Independent Auto Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These agents are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which is easy for the insured.
If you are comparing rate quotes, we recommend you contact several independent insurance agents to get the most accurate price comparison. Most also write with companies you've never heard of which may provide better rates.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis who can help you get free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Access Auto Insurance
2107 W Washington St - Indianapolis, IN 46222 - (317) 687-8807 - View Map
- Indiana State Agency
2425 N Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46208 - (317) 923-7722 - View Map
- Jensen Ford Insurance
8000 S Meridian St - Indianapolis, IN 46217 - (317) 888-6007 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it's a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Scott Verbarg
6120 E Thompson Rd Ste B - Indianapolis, IN 46237 - (317) 802-1550 - View Map
- State Farm: David R Johnson
4770 S Emerson Ave #J, Indianapolis 46203 - 4770 S Emerson Ave #J, IN 46203 - (317) 782-8858 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Donald Oldham
303 N Alabama St #360 - Indianapolis, IN 46204 - (317) 687-0777 - View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies only sell coverage through local independent agents. Cheaper auto insurance in Indianapolis can be purchased both online and from local agencies, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
As you quote Indianapolis auto insurance, do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage at the best cost and still be able to protect your assets.
You just read many ideas to find cheap Honda Ridgeline insurance in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies.
Even more information can be found in these articles:
- Things to Know Before you Cancel Insurance (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Neck Injury FAQ (iihs.org)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)