No one in their right mind is fond of buying car insurance, in particular when the cost is way too high.
Sad but true, a large majority of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and nearly the majority have never even shopped around for lower-cost coverage. Most drivers in Fort Wayne could pocket 55% a year just by shopping around, but they feel it's too difficult to do a rate comparison. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, so it's not easy to compare every insurance company and uncover the absolute lowest rate possible on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Wayne.
It's important to compare rates once or twice a year due to the fact that insurance prices are constantly changing. Just because you had the best deal on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Wayne a year ago there may be better deals available now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because we're going to show you the right way to find lower rates on car insurance.
If you have a current insurance policy or want to find a cheaper company, take advantage of these tips to reduce premiums without reducing coverage. Buying the cheapest insurance in Fort Wayne is not that difficult. Vehicle owners only have to learn the proper way to shop their coverage around using one simple form.
Finding a lower price on Ford Fiesta insurance can be surprisingly simple. All you need to do is invest a little time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has the cheapest Ford Fiesta rate quotes.
Doing online price quotes comparisons is so easy that it takes the place of having to make phone calls or go to insurance agents' offices. Quoting Ford Fiesta insurance online has reduced the need for local agents unless your situation requires the professional assistance that only an agent can give. If you prefer, some companies allow you to price shop your coverage online and still use a local agent.
The car insurance companies shown below provide price quotes in Indiana. If multiple companies are shown, it's a good idea that you get rates from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Protect your Ford Fiesta and other assets
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Fort Wayne, paying for car insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Ford with a loan, most banks will force you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Ford at an extremely high rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Car insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Fort Wayne is wasting up to $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts to get affordable Fort Wayne auto insurance quotes
Companies offering auto insurance don't necessarily list their entire list of discounts very well, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Fort Wayne car insurance online.
- Multiple Vehicles - Having all your vehicles with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Early Payment Discounts - By paying your policy upfront instead of monthly or quarterly installments you could save 5% or more.
- Waiver for an Accident - This isn't a discount exactly, but companies like State Farm and Progressive will turn a blind eye to one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you haven't had any claims for a set time period.
- Defensive Driver - Successfully completing a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount and make you a better driver.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than their less cautious counterparts.
- Save over 55 - Drivers that qualify as senior citizens may qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Good Students Pay Less - Performing well in school can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class if it's offered in school.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
To view insurers who offer online Ford Fiesta insurance quotes in Indiana, click this link.
Neighborhood Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
A small number of people prefer to buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision Licensed agents can point out coverage gaps and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing rates online is you may find lower premium rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your coverage information is immediately sent to companies in Fort Wayne that provide free Fort Wayne car insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered to your email. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific company, don't hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Finding the right provider should include more criteria than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- How long has their agency been in business in Fort Wayne?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Does their agency support local causes in Fort Wayne?
Car insurance coverage information
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage - This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle's occupants and damage to your Ford Fiesta.
Since many Indiana drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverages - This provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other's property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 25/50/10 that translate to a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $10,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like medical expenses, medical services, court costs and pain and suffering. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as much as you can afford. Indiana state minimum liability requirements are 25/50/10 but you should think about purchasing more coverage.
Medical expense coverage - Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for immediate expenses for things like surgery, nursing services, ambulance fees, doctor visits and chiropractic care. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Collision coverage - This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building and hitting a parking meter. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to raise the deductible on your Fiesta in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive protection - This coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, fire damage, damage from flooding and theft. The most you'll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
A conclusion for your auto insurance search
There are still a few companies who do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents. Budget-conscious Ford Fiesta insurance is available both online and also from your neighborhood Fort Wayne agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
You just read some good ideas how to get a better price on Ford Fiesta insurance in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the higher your chance of finding affordable Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from some of the smallest insurance companies. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm and Allstate.
While you're price shopping online, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped collision coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Car Insurance for Single Moms? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Car Insurance Quotes for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Anderson, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Car Insurance in Merrillville, IN? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)