Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Dodge Grand Caravan in Indiana can turn out to be difficult, but you can learn the following methods to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Dodge and locate the lowest possible price from both online companies and Evansville agents.
Unbelievable but true, about 70% of customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared rates from other companies. Evansville consumers could cut their rates by up to 55% a year just by comparing rates, but they just don't want to compare rates and save money.
If you have insurance now or want to find a cheaper company, use these cost-cutting techniques to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Buying the most affordable coverage in Evansville is simple if you know the tricks. Smart buyers only need to know the most time-saving way to compare different rates on the web.
Low-cost companies for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, it's highly recommended you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$104||$160||$270||$16||$80||$630||$53|
|Grand Caravan SE||$276||$358||$368||$22||$110||$1,134||$95|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$236||$502||$340||$20||$102||$1,200||$100|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$264||$428||$286||$16||$86||$1,080||$90|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$148||$264||$340||$20||$102||$874||$73|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter premiums considerably.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below visualizes the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan insurance premiums when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $500 deductibles, married male driver, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision
There is no exact formula to stop paying for comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it's probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let's assume your Dodge Grand Caravan book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would receive is $4,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If it's costing you more than $400 annually for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not advised. If you haven't satisfied your loan, you have to carry full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not drop full coverage.
Rate comparison of men versus women in Evansville
The example below shows the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Drive responsibly or pay higher rates
The information below shows how traffic citations and at-fault collisions can increase Dodge Grand Caravan premium costs for different ages of insureds. The rates are based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance quotes in Evansville
Some companies don't always list every disount available very well, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Discount for Home Ownership - Just owning your own home may earn you a small savings because maintaining a house shows financial diligence.
- Theft Deterrent System - Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Rates - Mature drivers can get a small decrease in premiums.
- Multi-Vehicle Discounts - Buying a policy with primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Distant Student - Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Evansville without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Professional Organizations - Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on your next renewal.
- Good Student - This discount may save as much as 25% on a Evansville car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance - Not all insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better prices if you take out life insurance.
Remember that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most cut specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it's just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your policy premium.
Companies and their possible discounts are:
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for safe driver, driver training, good student, youthful driver, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- MetLife includes discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, claim-free, good driver, good student, multi-policy
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, online quote discount, continuous coverage, multi-policy, and online signing.
- AAA has savings for anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, multi-car, and education and occupation.
- American Family offers discounts including good student, defensive driver, accident-free, mySafetyValet, early bird, multi-vehicle, and bundled insurance.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, multi-policy, federal employee, multi-vehicle, anti-lock brakes, and membership and employees.
- State Farm may include discounts for multiple autos, accident-free, multiple policy, safe vehicle, driver's education, and passive restraint.
If you need the cheapest Dodge Grand Caravan rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts they offer. A few discounts might not be offered everywhere. To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Indiana, click here.
Do I need a local insurance agent?
Many drivers still like to sit down and talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Agents can help you choose the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower car insurance rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You won't need to search for any insurance agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. If you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just navigate to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing the best insurer shouldn't rely on just the price. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Can you contact them at any time?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
If you are searching for an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Evansville agents can be described as either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either one can sell and service insurance coverage, but it's worth mentioning the difference between them since it can impact the type of agent you choose.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Exclusive agents write business for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company's rates so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same agent mostly because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Below are exclusive agencies in Evansville willing to provide rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Kelly Miller
5310 Pearl Dr b - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 423-5491 - View Map
- Mary Rokicki - State Farm Insurance Agent
3335 N Green River Rd - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 473-2863 - View Map
- Farm Bureau Insurance
5625 Pearl Dr C - Evansville, IN 47712 - (812) 421-8163 - View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
These agents are not limited to a single company and that enables them to quote your coverage through many companies and potentially find a lower price. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you won't have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you need to include price quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. Most also write with small mutual carriers who may have lower rates.
Shown below are independent agents in Evansville willing to provide price quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
6240 E Virginia St b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-3940 - View Map
- ET Shield Insurance Agency
4405 Theater Dr - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 469-9907 - View Map
- Torian, Hofmann, Dillow and Flittner
3000 E Division St - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 424-5503 - View Map
Car insurance buyers beware
Indiana consumers can't get away from ads that claim the lowest auto insurance rates from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all make the point that drivers will save a bundle if you change your policy.
How is it plausible that every one can claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Car insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of driver that will most likely be profitable. An example of a desirable risk may need to be a married female, has had continuous coverage, and chooses high deductibles. Anybody who matches those parameters will probably get the lowest auto insurance rates and therefore will save money with a new company.
Consumers who fall short of the requirements will probably have to pay higher premium rates and the prospect going elsewhere. If you pay close attention to the ads, they say "customers that switch" not "everyone who quotes" save money. This is how companies can truthfully advertise the savings. This really emphasizes why it is so important to compare quotes as often as possible. It's just too difficult to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in Evansville.
Cheap coverage is out there
People who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service, delays in paying claims or even questionable increases in premium. Regardless of your reason, finding the right auto insurance provider is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
We've covered many ways to reduce Dodge Grand Caravan insurance car insurance rates online in Evansville. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the better chance you'll have of finding affordable Evansville car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the lesser-known companies.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Evansville is attainable from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Evansville agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance companies may not have price quotes online and usually these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agents.
To learn more, link through to the articles below:
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Institute)