Would you like to buy low-cost auto insurance rates in Fort Wayne, IN? Fort Wayne shoppers have options when shopping for affordable Chevy Sonic insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to compare auto insurance rates and we'll show you the quickest way to get price quotes for a Chevy and get the best price possible either online or from Fort Wayne insurance agents.
Shop Chevy Sonic insurance online
Most major insurance companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO make it easy to get insurance quotes direct online. Getting quotes for Chevy Sonic insurance in Fort Wayne is very simple because you just enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Upon sending the form, their rating system automatically orders information on your driving record and credit history and gives you a price quote.
Quoting online for Chevy Sonic insurance in Fort Wayne streamlines rate comparisons, and it's very important to compare as many rates as possible if you want to get lower-cost rates.
To quickly get comparison pricing now, compare quotes from the companies shown below. If you have your current policy handy, we recommend you duplicate the limits and deductibles exactly as they are listed on your policy. This helps ensure you will have a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The companies shown below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the most affordable price.
Fort Wayne car insurance discounts
Some providers don't list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Multi-car Discount - Buying coverage for several vehicles with the same company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage - This isn't a discount exactly, but some insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge as long as you don't have any claims before the accident.
- Cautious Driver Discount - Insureds who avoid accidents can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accidents.
- Pay Early and Save - By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Multiple Policy Discount - If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them with the same company you may save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- College Student Discount - Older children who live away from home at college and do not take a car to college could qualify for this discount.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won't be that lucky.
To choose companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Indiana, click this link.
Why you need Chevy Sonic insurance in Indiana
Despite the high cost, buying insurance serves an important purpose.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require you to have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your vehicle and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your insurance policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is wasting up to $855 a year so compare rate quotes once a year at a minimum to save money.
Which is the best car insurance?
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best car insurance coverage, there isn't really a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Everyone's situation is a little different.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from an agent's advice.
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Does every company file a SR-22 automatically?
- How high should deductibles be on a Chevy Sonic?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Am I covered by my spouse's policy after a separation?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you can't answer these questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
Many drivers just prefer to get advice from a local agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are trained risk managers and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper premium rates and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to companies in Fort Wayne who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It's much easier because you don't need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Fort Wayne
If you want a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can quote your rates. Fort Wayne agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell auto insurance policies, but it's a good idea to understand why they differ since it could factor into the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent can sell policies from many different companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you don't have to find a new agent. If you are comparing auto insurance prices, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most also have access to smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
Shown below are independent agencies in Fort Wayne that may be able to give rate quotes.
- Andrew Stores - Prudential Financial
2420 Coliseum Blvd North, Suite 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46805 - (260) 310-6018 - View Map
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 478-9405 - View Map
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 467-5690 - View Map
Agents that elect to be exclusive write business for a single company such as Farmers Insurance and State Farm. These agents are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some people will only buy from the same agent for years mostly because of the brand legacy rather than having the cheapest rates.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Fort Wayne that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Justin Harkelroad
8812 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-0156 - View Map
- John Hayes - State Farm Insurance Agent
6407 Stellhorn Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 486-4711 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-7673 - View Map
Picking an insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the bottom line cost. These are some questions you should get answers to.
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- What are their preferred companies if they are an independent agency?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?