Are you sick and tired of wondering where the money will come from to pay auto insurance each month? You are in the same boat as millions of other people.
Regrettably, over 70% of Indiana drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for a minimum of four years, and about 40% of consumers have never quoted rates to find cheaper coverage. The average driver in the United States could save as much as $860 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they don't want to take the time to save money by comparing rate quotes.
Online insurance companies like GEICO and Progressive constantly blast consumers with catchy ads and consumers find it hard to ignore the flying pigs and cute green geckos and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
If you have insurance now, you will surely be able to get lower rates using the ideas you're about to read. Finding the cheapest insurance coverage in Fort Wayne can really be easy if you know what you're doing. But Indiana drivers must learn the way insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
The best way we recommend to compare insurance rates in your area is to realize auto insurance companies have advanced systems to compare their rates. The one thing you need to do is provide details including how much school you completed, the make and model of your vehicles, if a SR-22 is needed, and whether you are married. That information is sent automatically to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate with very little delay.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below can provide quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 2WD||$182||$340||$412||$24||$124||$1,082||$90|
|Silverado LS Regular Cab 4WD||$172||$276||$290||$18||$86||$842||$70|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab 2WD||$172||$288||$324||$20||$96||$900||$75|
|Silverado LT Regular Cab||$248||$366||$416||$24||$124||$1,178||$98|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 4WD||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$172||$340||$340||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|Silverado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$186||$358||$334||$20||$100||$998||$83|
|Silverado LS Extended Cab 2WD||$152||$288||$334||$20||$100||$894||$75|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$212||$436||$270||$16||$80||$1,014||$85|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 2WD||$222||$396||$326||$20||$98||$1,062||$89|
|Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$146||$306||$364||$22||$110||$948||$79|
|Silverado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$168||$334||$428||$26||$128||$1,084||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 2WD||$152||$270||$318||$18||$94||$852||$71|
|Silverado LTZ Extended Cab 4WD||$226||$348||$368||$22||$110||$1,074||$90|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 2WD||$234||$504||$334||$20||$100||$1,192||$99|
|Silverado LTZ Crew Cab 4WD||$188||$358||$264||$16||$80||$906||$76|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 2WD||$210||$510||$318||$18||$94||$1,150||$96|
|Silverado Crew Cab Hybrid 4WD||$168||$312||$280||$16||$84||$860||$72|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium amounts do not factor in vehicle location which can impact insurance rates greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can change Chevrolet Silverado insurance rates for different categories of driver ages. The costs are based on a single male driver, comp and collision included, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below shows the difference between Chevrolet Silverado insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The rate quotes are based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single female driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no clear-cut formula of when to drop full coverage on your policy, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is about 10% or more of the vehicle's replacement cost less your deductible, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let's assume your Chevrolet Silverado book value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying over $800 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not buy liability only.
Three good reasons to insure your Chevy Silverado
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Silverado insurance, buying auto insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to license the vehicle. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, most lenders will require you to carry insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totalled. If you default on your policy, the bank may buy a policy for your Chevy for a lot more money and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves not only your Chevy but also your financial assets. It also can pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays expenses related to your legal defense in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. As of last year, the average driver in Indiana is overpaying more than $855 a year so you should quote your policy with other companies each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Is there deception in advertising?
Companies like State Farm, Allstate and GEICO endlessly run television and radio advertisements. They all convey the message that people will save if you get a free Fort Wayne car insurance quote and switch your coverage. How does every insurance company claim to save you money? Here is the trick they use.
All companies have an ideal profile for the type of customer that will most likely be profitable. For instance, a preferred risk may be married and over the age of 30, has no tickets, and drives newer vehicles. Any person that fits those parameters will qualify for the lowest car insurance rates in Fort Wayne and most likely will save money with a new company.
Drivers who do not meet these standards must pay a more expensive rate and this results in the customer buying from a different company. If you listen to the ad wording, they say "drivers who switch" not "everyone who quotes" save that much money. That is how companies can truthfully lure you into getting a quote.
Different companies use different criteria so you should compare quotes as often as possible. It's not possible to predict the company that will have better rates than you're paying now.
Lower-cost Fort Wayne auto insurance rates with discounts
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list every possible discount in a way that's easy to find, so below is a list a few of the more well known in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- More Vehicles More Savings - Insuring multiple cars or trucks on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Telematics Devices - Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze where and when they drive by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive could save a few bucks if they are good drivers.
- Waiver for an Accident - Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Safety Course Discount - Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can qualify you for slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
As a sidenote, most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, auto insurance companies aren't that generous. Any qualifying discounts will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts include:
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, multiple autos, multiple policy, accident-free, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- GEICO may have discounts that include emergency military deployment, driver training, daytime running lights, membership and employees, seat belt use, defensive driver, and good student.
- Progressive includes discounts for online signing, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for air bags, 55 and older, early bird, good student, teen driver, driver training, and homeowners.
- American Family offers discounts for defensive driver, early bird, TimeAway discount, air bags, multi-vehicle, accident-free, and mySafetyValet.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, vehicle fuel type, anti-theft, air bag, driver training, defensive driver, and bundle.
- AAA discounts include multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply in Fort Wayne.
Exclusive versus independent insurance agents
Many drivers just want to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local agents is still important in Fort Wayne.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to companies in Fort Wayne who will return price quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to drive around due to the fact that quote results will go directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and fill out their quote form.
Picking a company shouldn't rely on just a cheap price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Fort Wayne?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When selecting your policy, there isn't really a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique so your insurance needs to address that. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if you could use an agent's help.
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
If you're not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. If you don't have a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce Chevy Silverado insurance car insurance rates online in Fort Wayne. The key thing to remember is the more you quote Fort Wayne car insurance, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the best price on insurance is with the least-expected company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
When getting Fort Wayne car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to discover later that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Used Cars in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Car Insurance for a GMC Sierra? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Mishawaka, IN? (FAQ)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)