Finding low-cost insurance for a new or used Chevy Equinox in Indiana can turn out to be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for auto insurance and we'll show you the quickest way to compare rates for a new or used Chevy and locate the best price possible.
Remarkably, a study showed that most auto insurance buyers in Indiana have purchased from the same company for well over three years, and 38% of customers have never compared rates to find lower-cost insurance. Drivers in the United States could save approximately 47% a year, but they don't want to take the time to compare rates and save money.
Consumers should take time to compare premium rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the best premium rates on Chevy Equinox insurance in Fort Wayne on your last policy you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because you're about to learn the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons for Chevy Equinox insurance in Fort Wayne takes advantage of the fact auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to compare their rates. To get started, all you need to do is provide information like if you have a valid license, deductibles desired, the ages of drivers, and how many miles driven. That rating information is automatically sent to all major companies and they return quotes instantly.
If you would like to compare rates now, click here and complete the form.
The companies in the list below offer price quotes in Fort Wayne, IN. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Equinox LS 2WD||$128||$260||$364||$22||$110||$884||$74|
|Equinox LT 2WD||$176||$294||$280||$16||$84||$850||$71|
|Equinox LS AWD||$208||$414||$364||$22||$110||$1,118||$93|
|Equinox LT AWD||$196||$362||$380||$22||$114||$1,074||$90|
|Equinox LTZ 2WD||$130||$266||$294||$18||$88||$796||$66|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$272||$514||$280||$16||$84||$1,166||$97|
|Equinox LTZ AWD||$264||$504||$286||$16||$86||$1,156||$96|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Premium data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, and claim-free. Rate quotes do not factor in vehicle location which can decrease or increase rates noticeably.
Bad driving habits will cost you more
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault fender-benders can drive up Chevrolet Equinox auto insurance rates for each age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Protect more than your Chevy vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Chevy Equinox insurance, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means the state requires a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your car with a loan, most lenders will make it mandatory that you buy full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Chevy for a lot more money and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
Third, insurance safeguards both your vehicle and your assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America overpays as much as $810 a year so it's important to compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Chevy Equinox Insurance Prices
It's important that you understand some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for auto insurance. If you understand what determines base rates, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Your address can affect price - Choosing to live in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when talking about auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas regularly have congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
Save by driving safer vehicles - Safe vehicles tend to be cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Chevy has at least four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Poor driving means higher prices - Attentive drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Getting just one speeding ticket could increase your next policy renewal by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may face state-mandated requirements to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state motor vehicle department in order to keep their license.
Married people drive safer - Having a wife or husband actually saves money compared to being single. Having a spouse may mean you are more mature than a single person and insurance companies like that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Chevy Equinox insurance loss statistics - Companies analyze the history of losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Models that have a trend towards higher claims will have increased rates.
The data below shows the insurance loss data used by companies for Chevy Equinox vehicles. For each policy coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles compiled together is considered to be 100. Values under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while values that are 100 or greater indicate frequent claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Loss Statistics
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 2WD||82||86||74||101||104||93|
|Chevrolet Equinox 4dr 4WD||84||88||85||89||93||81|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Equinox insurance in Fort Wayne
Some companies don't list the complete list of policy discounts very clearly, so we break down some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts that may be available.
- Own a Home and Save - Just owning your own home can get you a discount since home ownership requires personal responsibility.
- First Accident Forgiveness - Not necessarily a discount, but companies like Libery Mutual, GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up if your claims history is clear before the accident.
- Switch and Save Discount - Some larger companies provide a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. The savings is around 10%.
- Telematics Discount - People who choose to allow their insurance company to monitor their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive's Snapshot might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Federal Government Employee - Federal government employees could provide a small rate reduction with some insurance companies.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver's education class in school or through a local driver safety program.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Some companies give a discounted price on car insurance if you buy some life insurance too.
- Mature Driver Discount - Seniors may qualify for a slight reduction on a Fort Wayne car insurance quote.
- Bundled Policy Discount - If you combine your auto and homeowners policies with one company you could get a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- No Claims - Drivers who don't have accidents are rewarded with significantly better rates on Fort Wayne car insurance quote as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, that's just not realistic.
Popular insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- Mercury Insurance discounts include annual mileage, professional/association, multi-policy, low natural disaster claims, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include pay in full, multi-car, business and professional, mature driver, switch companies, and electronic funds transfer.
- Farm Bureau offers discounts for 55 and retired, good student, safe driver, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, multi-policy, and driver training.
- State Farm may offer discounts for Steer Clear safe driver discount, driver's education, anti-theft, good student, and accident-free.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including senior citizen, utility vehicle, economy car, 55 and retired, anti-theft, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may include discounts for seat belt use, defensive driver, membership and employees, multi-policy, air bags, driver training, and good student.
When getting a coverage quote, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state. If you would like to choose from a list of companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Insurance can get complicated
When it comes to coverage for your vehicles, there really is no one size fits all plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need an agent's assistance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else's vehicle?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered by my employer's commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Should I file a claim if it's only slightly more than my deductible?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Buying car insurance from Fort Wayne insurance agents
A small number of people just prefer to talk to an insurance agent and doing that can be a smart decision Licensed agents can help you build your policy and help you file claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
After completing this short form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to companies in Fort Wayne who can give free rate quotes for your car insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies as quotes are delivered immediately to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, just visit that company's website and give them your coverage information.
Finding a good provider should depend on more than just a cheap price. A good agent in Fort Wayne will have answers to these questions.
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- How would your car be valued if totalled?
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- Which companies can they place coverage with?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Indiana?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they function. Agencies in Fort Wayne can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either one can properly insure your vehicles, but it's worth learning how they differ because it can influence which agent you choose.
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, Allstate, or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company's prices so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Steven Westrick
8938 Lima Rd Suite R - Fort Wayne, IN 46818 - (260) 489-3977 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Rolly Bhargava
4660 W Jefferson Blvd Ste 100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46804 - (260) 459-7673 - View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Susan L. Law
5308 St Joe Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46835 - (260) 492-6254 - View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can insure your vehicles with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If you want to switch companies, the agent simply finds a different carrier which makes it simple for you. If you are comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most have the option of insuring with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a short list of independent agents in Fort Wayne that can give you comparison quotes.
- Stewart Brimner Group
3702 Rupp Dr - Fort Wayne, IN 46815 - (260) 482-6900 - View Map
- Traxler Insurance Agency
10729 Coldwater Rd #100 - Fort Wayne, IN 46845 - (260) 494-9035 - View Map
- Lupke Rice Insurance-Financial
127 W Berry St # 500 - Fort Wayne, IN 46802 - (260) 424-4150 - View Map
After getting good feedback to any questions you have as well as a affordable price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to service your policy. But keep in mind you can cancel your coverage whenever you choose to so don't feel you are locked into a specific agent for the full policy term.
How much can you save?
Lower-priced auto insurance in Fort Wayne can be sourced both online as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance providers may not have online quoting and these regional carriers work with independent insurance agencies.
We just presented a lot of information how to compare Chevy Equinox insurance premium rates in Fort Wayne. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Fort Wayne car insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best premium rates are with the least-expected company.
When searching for the cheapest Chevrolet Equinox rate quotes, it's not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes for Seniors in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for 4x4 Vehicles? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Gary, Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Muncie, IN? (FAQ)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)