Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for low-cost car insurance rates in Indianapolis, IN? Indianapolis drivers have options when trying to find low-cost Chevy Colorado insurance. They can either spend hours driving around getting price quotes or leverage the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the absolute fastest way to get price quotes on a Chevy and get the lowest price either online or from Indianapolis insurance agents.
Sadly, the vast majority of consumers kept buying from the same company for at least the last four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never compared rates from other carriers. With the average premium in Indiana being $1,389, drivers could save themselves about 55% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but most undervalue how much money they would save if they switched to a more affordable policy.
The purpose of this article is to familiarize you with how to get online quotes. If you currently have car insurance, you will most likely be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. You just need to use how to get comparison rates from many companies at once.
Most companies make it easy to get coverage prices direct online. Getting online quotes for Chevy Colorado insurance in Indianapolis doesn't take a lot of time as you simply enter your coverage preferences as requested by the quote form. Once you submit the form, the quote system orders credit information and your driving record and returns a price based on these and other factors.
Using the web to get quotes for Chevy Colorado insurance in Indianapolis simplifies rate comparisons, and it's also necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you are searching for a better rate.
To quickly find out how much you're overpaying now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it's recommended you type in the coverages as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you will have an apples-to-apples comparison using the exact same coverages.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in Indianapolis, IN. If multiple companies are shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Colorado LT 2WD||$146||$276||$290||$18||$86||$816||$68|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 2WD||$162||$358||$294||$18||$88||$920||$77|
|Colorado LT 4WD||$184||$294||$244||$14||$72||$808||$67|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$436||$368||$22||$110||$1,176||$98|
|Colorado LT Extended Cab 4WD||$100||$194||$270||$16||$80||$660||$55|
|Colorado LT Crew Cab 4WD||$208||$428||$270||$16||$80||$1,002||$84|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and homeowner. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can change rates noticeably.
The example below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Chevrolet Colorado insurance costs for different insured age categories. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Discount Indianapolis auto insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don't always list the entire discount list very well, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits available to you. If you're not getting every credit possible, it's possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Drivers Ed for Students - Teen drivers should enroll and complete driver's education as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Driving Data Discount - Drivers that enable companies to monitor vehicle usage by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as State Farm's In-Drive may see discounts if they have good driving habits.
- Paperless Signup - A handful of companies provide a small discount for buying your policy on your computer.
- Employee of Federal Government - Federal government employees can save as much as 8% but check with your company.
Please keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Some only apply to individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn't make money that way.
A few companies that may offer quotes with many of the previously listed discounts may include but are not limited to:
If you need affordable Chevrolet Colorado insurance quotes, ask all the companies how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply everywhere. To see auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Indiana, click here to view.
Get Cheap Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic such as your driving history, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
- Do you really need the extra coverages? - Policies have add-on coverages that you can get tricked into buying if you aren't careful. Insurance for replacement cost coverage, towing, and extra life insurance coverage may not be needed and are just wasting money. These coverages may sound good when buying your policy, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Deter vehicle theft - Choosing to buy a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Cheaper rates after marriage - Being married actually saves money on your insurance policy. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and responsible and it's proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Too many insurance claims will drive rates up - If you are a frequent claim filer, you shouldn't be surprised to get either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance companies in Indiana generally give discounts to drivers who are not frequent claim filers. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Safer cars cost less to insure - Safe vehicles get lower rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can mean better rates for you.
- More traffic means higher claims - Having an address in less populated areas of the country is a positive aspect when talking about insurance. Residents of big cities tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commutes to work. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accidents in addition to lower liability claims
- High credit rating translates to low premiums - Having a bad credit rating can be an important factor in determining your rates. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to file fewer claims than drivers with lower credit ratings. So if your credit score could use some work, you may save money insuring your Chevrolet Colorado by improving your credit score.
- Gender and car insurance - Over time, data shows that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Men and women cause at-fault accidents in similar percentages, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
- Insurance loss data for Chevy Colorado vehicles - Insurance companies use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help determine prices. Models that historically have increased losses will have increased rates. The table below demonstrates the loss history for Chevy Colorado vehicles.
For each coverage category, the loss probability for all vehicles combined as an average is set at 100. Numbers under 100 imply a favorable loss record, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Chevrolet Colorado Vehicles
Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 2WD 73 57 64 Chevrolet Colorado Crew Cab 4WD 90 89 86 67 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 2WD 55 Chevrolet Colorado Ext Cab 4WD 67
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to have guidance from an insurance agent
Some consumers would rather sit down with an agent and that can be a great decision Licensed agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. A nice benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheaper rates but also keep your business local. Supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Indianapolis.
Once you complete this quick form, your insurance coverage information is immediately sent to participating agents in Indianapolis who will return price quotes to get your business. You don't have to contact an agency because prices are sent to you instantly. If you have a need to compare prices from a specific insurance company, just visit that company's website and complete a quote there.
Choosing an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Indianapolis?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Indianapolis?
What is the best auto insurance coverage?
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best auto insurance coverage, there really isn't a best way to insure your cars. Your needs are not the same as everyone else's and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- What policy terms are available?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
If it's difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance in the media
Indiana consumers can't escape the ads that promise big savings for switching by Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. They all say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle after switching your auto insurance coverage to their company.
How does every auto insurance company offer drivers better rates? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for a prospective insured they prefer to insure. For instance, this type of insured might be described as a married female, insures multiple vehicles, and drives a car with an anti-theft system. Any driver who fits those characteristics will probably get the lowest rates and have a good chance to cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who don't meet the ideal profile will probably have to pay higher premiums which translates to business going elsewhere. The wording the ads use say "people that switch" not "all people who quote" save the amount stated. That is how insurance companies can confidently state the savings.
Because of this risk profiling, drivers must compare free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes often. Because without a comparison, you cannot know which auto insurance company will have the best rates at this point in time.
When you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online, never reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice liability limits or collision coverage and found out when filing a claim they didn't purchase enough coverage. The goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective Chevy Colorado insurance is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who may not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
Even more information is located in these articles:
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Indiana Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota Tundra in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Car Insurance in Mishawaka, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)