Has it been over a year since you last compared quotes for more competitive Toyota Highlander insurance in Fort Wayne? Are you drained from trying to scrape together enough money to pay high auto insurance rates every month? You have the same problem as many other consumers in Indiana.
Unfortunately, a large majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for well over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. American consumers could cut their rates by as much as $860 a year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the actual amount they would save if they changed companies. There is such a variety of car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it's a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates and find the lowest cost auto insurance.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand all the major auto insurance companies pay for the opportunity to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as whether or not you need a SR-22, whether you are married, the make and model of your vehicles, and whether you drive to work or school. Your details is automatically sent to multiple different insurance companies and you get price estimates very quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Toyota Highlander insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Highlander Sport 4WD||$172||$288||$318||$18||$94||$890||$74|
|Highlander SE 2WD||$148||$264||$340||$20||$102||$874||$73|
|Highlander Sport 2WD||$240||$420||$340||$20||$102||$1,122||$94|
|Highlander Limited 2WD||$172||$296||$270||$16||$80||$834||$70|
|Highlander SE 4WD||$262||$504||$294||$18||$88||$1,166||$97|
|Highlander Limited 4WD||$154||$250||$290||$18||$86||$798||$67|
|Highlander Hybrid 4WD||$276||$472||$290||$18||$86||$1,142||$95|
|Highlander Hybrid Limited 4WD||$164||$266||$286||$16||$86||$818||$68|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific garaging location which can alter coverage rates greatly.
Higher deductibles lower rates
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Toyota Highlander yearly insurance costs for different age groups of insureds. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Auto insurance discounts are available for cheaper rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may be missing some discounts to help bring down the price. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Pay Now and Pay Less - By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- No Charge for an Accident - Not a discount per se, but companies like Allstate and State Farm will let one accident slide without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Employee of Federal Government - Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- Data Collection Discounts - Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor vehicle usage by installing a telematics device like Allstate's Drivewise may see discounts if their driving habits are good.
- Multiple Cars - Buying a policy with multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Military Rewards - Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Discounts for New Vehicles - Buying a new car instead of a used Highlander can cost up to 25% less due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags - Vehicles equipped with air bags may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Anti-theft Discount - Cars and trucks equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- College Student Discount - Kids who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Fort Wayne and won't have access to an insured vehicle could qualify for this discount.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn't quite work that way.
Companies that may have these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Some credits might not be offered on policies in Fort Wayne. To locate auto insurance companies with the best Toyota Highlander insurance discounts in Fort Wayne, click here to view.
Exclusive versus independent car insurance agents
Many people just prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Professional agents can make sure you are properly covered and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the coverage information is emailed to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. You don't have to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, just search and find their rate quote page and complete a quote there.
Picking an insurance company requires more thought than just a cheap price. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- If your car is totalled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Fort Wayne?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
You are unique and your car insurance should be too
When it comes to buying a policy for your personal vehicles, there really is no "perfect" insurance plan. Every insured's situation is different.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in Indiana?
- What is an umbrella policy?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor's mailbox?
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in Indiana?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
If you can't answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Fort Wayne Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the elements that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make good choices that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
Shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors auto insurance companies consider when setting your premiums.
- Avoid tickets and save - Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers get better prices compared to drivers with tickets. Even a single chargeable violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have received severe violations like DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to complete a SR-22 with their state in order to keep their license.
- Raise comp and collision deductibles and save - Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, covers your vehicle from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, flood damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. The deductibles you choose represent how much money you are required to pay before a claim is paid by your company. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Auto insurance rates and your employer - Occupational choices like doctors, police officers, and miners generally pay higher rates than average because of intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. Conversely, occupations like farmers, engineers and homemakers have the lowest average rates.
- You might want pay the minor policy claims yourself - If you're an insured who likes to file claims don't be surprised to see higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Car insurance companies in Indiana provide cheaper rates to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is designed for more catastrophic claims.
- Vehicle features can affect auto insurance rates - Buying a car with a theft deterrent system can save you some money. Anti-theft devices like GM's OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help prevent auto theft.
- Getting married is a bonus - Walking down the aisle may cut your premiums compared to being single. Having a significant other is viewed as being more financially stable and insurance companies reward insureds because married couples file fewer claims.
- Women tend to be lower risk - Statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. This data doesn't prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Males and females are responsible for accidents in similar percentages, but the males tend to have more serious accidents. Men also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Liability coverage is critical - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance kicks in in the event that you are responsible for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Insurance loss probability for a Toyota Highlander - Auto insurance companies factor in insurance loss information when determining insurance costs. Vehicles that have higher frequency or amount of claims will cost more to insure.
The table below illustrates the historical loss data for Toyota Highlander vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles combined as an average is considered to be 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Toyota Highlander Insurance Loss Statistics
Specific Toyota Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Toyota Highlander 4dr 2WD 88 82 94 94 78 75 Toyota Highlander 4dr 4WD 95 86 117 88 74 78 Toyota Highlander Hybrid 4dr 4WD 111 143
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance in Indiana serves several purposes
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Toyota Highlander in Fort Wayne, insuring your vehicle is required in Indiana but it also protects you in many ways.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific level of liability insurance if you want to drive legally. In Indiana these limits are 25/50/10 which means you must have $25,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $50,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $10,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and make you pay for the expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Toyota Highlander but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Toyota gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. Today the average American driver overpays more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper auto insurance rates are possible
Affordable Toyota Highlander insurance in Fort Wayne is available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in Fort Wayne, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers don't offer rate quotes online and many times these small, regional companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agents.
Insureds change insurance companies for many reasons like not issuing a premium refund, delays in responding to claim requests, poor customer service or even high prices. It doesn't matter why you want to switch finding a new auto insurance company is easier than you think.
When shopping online for auto insurance, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. Too many times, an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance for a Ford Fusion in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for Drivers Under 21 in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Cheap Car Insurance in Jeffersonville, IN? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance for a Honda Pilot? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Lawrence, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Can I Drive Legally without Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)