Shopping for cheap Sedona insurance might sound like a lofty goal if you have never taken advantage of online price quotes. But don't be overwhelmed because finding affordable coverage for Kia Sedona insurance in Fort Wayne is easier than you think.
Astonishing but true, over 70% of consumers kept their coverage with the same auto insurance company for a minimum of four years, and 38% of drivers have never quoted rates to find affordable coverage. Drivers in the United States could save an average of as much as 47% each year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp the actual amount they would save if they switch to a new company.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons as often as possible since insurance prices tend to go up over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Kia Sedona insurance in Fort Wayne six months ago other companies may now be cheaper. Block out anything you think you know about auto insurance because you're going to get a crash course in the fastest way to save on auto insurance.
Companies offering Kia Sedona insurance in Fort Wayne
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in Indiana. If the list has multiple companies, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect coverage rates substantially.
Car insurance premiums by gender
The example below illustrates the difference between Kia Sedona premium costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Should you buy full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Kia Sedona insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no accidents, no driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, single female driver, and no policy discounts are applied.
When to stop buying full coverage
There is no written rule of when to phase out physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of coverage is about 10% or more of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let's assume your Kia Sedona claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premiums are more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder's interest in the vehicle. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Slash rates with these money saving discounts
Car insurance companies don't list every discount they offer in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the best known in addition to some of the lesser obvious ways to save on insurance.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may receive lower premium rates.
- Safe Driver Discount - Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
- Auto/Life Discount - Select insurance carriers reward you with lower prices if you buy life insurance from them.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives - Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Military Rewards - Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Sign Online - Many insurance companies will provide an incentive for buying your policy over the internet.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts of up to 25% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn't quite work that way.
Popular insurance companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for multi-vehicle, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, multi-policy, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Travelers may have discounts that include IntelliDrive, save driver, continuous insurance, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and new car.
- Nationwide discounts include business or organization, Farm Bureau membership, defensive driving, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, teen driver, good student, pay in full, homeowner, and business and professional.
- Esurance offers discounts including homeowner, claim free, anti-theft, renters, multi-car, and paid-in-full.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including driver's education, multiple policy, safe vehicle, multiple autos, accident-free, good student, and student away at school.
- Progressive may offer discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, homeowner, good student, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may include discounts for accident-free, ease of repair, professional/association, good driver, age of vehicle, and multi-car.
When comparing rates, check with every company which discounts can lower your rates. Savings may not be offered in your area. To choose providers who offer insurance discounts in Indiana, click this link.
Fort Wayne Insurance Costs are Influenced by These Factors
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at a few of the rating criteria that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that may result in cheaper rates.
The itemized list below are just a few of the factors used by insurance companies to determine your premiums.
Getting married brings a discount - Having a spouse can actually save you money on your insurance bill. It translates into being more mature than a single person and statistics show being married results in fewer claims.
Save money by eliminating extra policy coverages - Insurance companies have many additional coverages you can purchase if you aren't diligent. Add-on coverages like coverage for rental cars, death and dismemberment, and motor club memberships are examples of these. These may sound like a good investment when deciding what coverages you need, but if you don't need them get rid of them and save.
Higher premiums for tough employers - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Jobs such as judges, executives and miners generally have the highest rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the flip side, occupations like professors, engineers and retirees pay the least.
Good drivers pay the best premiums - Even a single ticket can increase the cost of insurance by as much as twenty percent. Good drivers pay lower auto insurance prices than bad drivers. Drivers who have gotten license-revoking violations such as reckless driving or DUI may find they need to prove financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to legally drive a vehicle.
Consider raising coverage deductibles - Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims are running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, and windstorm damage. Deductibles for physical damage define how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more you pay before a claim is paid (deductible), the lower your rates will be.
Insurance loss data for a Kia Sedona - Insurance companies analyze claim trends for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below shows the actual insurance loss data for Kia Sedona vehicles. For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles combined as an average is represented as 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 indicate frequent claims or a tendency for claims to be larger.
Kia Sedona Insurance Claim Statistics
|Specific Kia Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Fort Wayne auto insurance agents
Some consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about price shopping on the web is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Fort Wayne who will give competitive quotes for your business. You won't even need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. It's the lowest rates without requiring a lot of work. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right company needs to be determined by more than just a low price. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Indiana?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do you need full coverage on every vehicle?
If you're trying to find a reliable insurance agency, you need to know there are two types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
These agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. These agents are unable to give you multiple price quotes so you might not find the best rates. They receive extensive training on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agencies in Fort Wayne who may provide you with comparison quotes.
- Melissa Satterthwaite - State Farm Insurance Agent
7757 Coldwater Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 489-5503 - View Map
- W.C. Starks - State Farm Insurance Agent
3818 S Calhoun St - Fort Wayne, IN 46807 - (260) 744-4357 - View Map
- Kent Paul - State Farm Insurance Agent
1505 W Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 478-2222 - View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and find you cheaper rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, we recommend you get some free quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Fort Wayne who can help you get price quotes.
- STAR Insurance Agency
2130 E Dupont Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46825 - (260) 467-5690 - View Map
- Imel Insurance
2700 Lower Huntington Rd - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 747-6186 - View Map
- GMI Insurance
6110 Bluffton Rd #110 - Fort Wayne, IN 46809 - (260) 478-9405 - View Map
You can find cheaper coverage
You just read a lot of information how to lower your Kia Sedona insurance premium rates in Fort Wayne. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
A few companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies. The cheapest Kia Sedona insurance in Fort Wayne is available both online in addition to many Fort Wayne insurance agents, so you need to compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
Consumers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions, poor customer service or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new company is easier than you think.
Much more information about insurance in Indiana is located at the links below
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- How Much is Indiana Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Auto Insurance for Infrequent Drivers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Subaru Outback in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Five Mistakes to Avoid (Insurance Information Institute)