Do you get overwhelmed by the number of auto insurance choices available to you? Lot's of other people are too. There are such a vast assortment of choices available that it is a challenge to find the best premium rates for Toyota Rav4 insurance in Evansville. Everyone knows that Evansville is a good city to live in, but finding the money to pay for auto insurance can make it nearly impossible for many drivers to pay for enough auto insurance coverage.
It's shocking but a large majority of drivers in Indiana have been with the same company for over three years, and just short of a majority have never compared auto insurance rates at all. American consumers could save themselves almost 46.5% a year, but they just don't want to find cheaper rates by getting comparison quotes.
It's a good habit to take a look at other company's rates occasionally because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Just because you found the best rates on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Evansville a couple years back there may be better deals available now. Ignore everything you know about auto insurance because I'm going to teach you the best methods to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas you're about to read. Our objective is to teach you how to get online quotes. But Indiana car owners do need to know how insurance companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Car insurance providers offering cheap rate quotes in Indiana
The providers in the list below provide quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you visit several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$276||$436||$368||$22||$110||$1,212||$101|
|RAV4 Sport 2WD||$130||$226||$286||$16||$86||$744||$62|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$116||$226||$318||$18||$94||$772||$64|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$116||$226||$294||$18||$88||$742||$62|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$128||$260||$364||$22||$110||$884||$74|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$138||$250||$270||$16||$80||$754||$63|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$172||$340||$340||$20||$102||$974||$81|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$130||$226||$286||$16||$86||$744||$62|
|RAV4 Sport 4WD||$196||$362||$380||$22||$114||$1,074||$90|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$210||$358||$286||$16||$86||$956||$80|
|RAV4 Limited 4WD||$130||$226||$286||$16||$86||$744||$62|
|RAV4 Limited 2WD||$116||$226||$294||$18||$88||$742||$62|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1,000 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Information does not factor in garaging location in Evansville which can alter premium rates substantially.
Does it make sense to buy full coverage?
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Toyota Rav4 auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The information is based on no claims or violations, $1,000 deductibles, single male driver, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no clear-cut formula to delete physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let's assume your Toyota Rav4 replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $2,000 after the deductible is paid. If you are paying more than $200 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some circumstances where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can't afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your financial responsibility. When buying auto insurance it's important to understand some of the factors that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower auto insurance prices.
- Better prices on cars with good safety ratings - Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. Safe vehicles reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries translates directly to fewer claims which can result in lower premiums. If your Toyota Rav4 scored better than an "acceptable" rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Defend yourself with liability coverage - The liability section of your policy will provide protection when you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your policy's liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so do not skimp.
- Lower prices with continuous coverage - Going without insurance is a fast way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a steep fine or even jail time. You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with the Indiana DMV.
- Responsible credit means lower premiums - Credit rating can be a huge factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Drivers who have good credit tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit scores. Therefore, if your credit is lower than you'd like, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Rav4 by improving your rating.
- If you don't need it don't buy it - There are a ton of additional coverages that can waste your money if you don't pay attention. Things like rental car reimbursement, accidental death, and membership fees are some examples. The coverages may be enticing when talking to your agent, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Insurance costs and driver gender - Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don't assume that females are better drivers. Females and males tend to get into auto accidents in similar numbers, but guys have costlier accidents. Not only are claims higher, but men get higher numbers of serious violations such as reckless driving. Young males have the highest risk to insure so they pay the highest premiums.
- Where you live - Residing in small towns and rural areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. Fewer drivers corresponds to lower accident rates and a lower car theft rate. City drivers have to deal with more aggressive driving styles and longer commute times. Higher commute times means a statistically higher chance of an accident.
Save with these discounts
Some insurance providers don't always advertise all available discounts very well, so we took the time to find a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden insurance savings.
- Theft Prevention System - Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Drive Safe and Save - Safe drivers can save up to 40% or more on their Evansville auto insurance quote than less cautious drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government - Active or retired federal employment could provide a small rate reduction depending on your company.
- Senior Citizen Rates - If you're over the age of 55, you could receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount - Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup - Certain larger companies provide a small discount for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Active Service Discounts - Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
- Evansville Homeowners Pay Less - Just being a homeowner can earn you a little savings since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Defensive Driver - Participating in a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
Policy discounts save money, but some credits don't apply the the whole policy. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn't work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may offer quotes with these benefits include:
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Evansville. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer free Toyota Rav4 insurance quotes in Indiana, click this link.
Auto insurance agents near you
A small number of people would prefer to buy from a licensed agent and we recommend doing that The biggest benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Evansville.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will give you bids to get your business. You don't have to leave your house because quoted prices will be sent instantly to you. You'll get the best rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
When researching a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different agency structures to choose from. Insurance agents in Evansville are considered either exclusive or independent.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not write with just one company and that allows them to write policies with multiple insurance companies and get the cheapest rates. If prices rise, they simply switch companies in-house and you don't have to do anything. When comparing rate quotes, you need to get insurance quotes from multiple independent agents to maximize your price options. Many write coverage with small regional insurance companies which can save you money.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Evansville that may be able to provide free rate quotes.
- Affordable Insurance Agency
6240 E Virginia St b - Evansville, IN 47715 - (812) 479-3940 - View Map
- Acceptance Auto Insurance
3200 N St Joseph Ave Ste D - Evansville, IN 47720 - (812) 425-2024 - View Map
- Kleinschmidt Insurance
3812 N First Ave - Evansville, IN 47710 - (812) 479-9028 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
These agents generally can only insure with one company such as State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Drivers often purchase coverage from exclusives partially due to the brand legacy rather than low rates.
Below are Evansville exclusive agencies who can help you get price quote information.
- State Farm - Jenna Powers
3820 Oak Hill Rd #8 - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 401-3276 - View Map
- Vicki Brasel - State Farm Insurance Agent
11 Vann Ave - Evansville, IN 47714 - (812) 477-5927 - View Map
- Marsha Goldsmith - State Farm Insurance Agent
3116 E Morgan Ave d - Evansville, IN 47711 - (812) 474-0099 - View Map
Finding a good auto insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. These questions are important to ask:
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Evansville?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is there a local claims center in Evansville?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
After talking to the agent and getting good answers and a good coverage price, it's a good possibility that you have found an auto insurance agent that can be trusted to insure your vehicles.
Get the best coverage at the most affordable price
Throughout this article, we presented many ways to save on Toyota Rav4 insurance in Evansville. It's most important to understand that the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the best rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
As you shop your coverage around, don't be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase plenty of coverage at an affordable rate.
Drivers who switch companies do it for many reasons like high prices, poor customer service, extreme rates for teen drivers or even policy non-renewal. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Welfare Recipients in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Evansville, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes for Electric Cars? (FAQ)
- Auto Crash Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- A Tree Fell on Your Car: Now What? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)