Has it been a year or more since you last compared quotes for lower-priced Dodge Charger insurance in Indianapolis? Paying cheap coverage rates for Dodge Charger insurance in Indianapolis can be quite difficult for drivers not familiar with quoting coverage prices online. Because there are so many insurance companies available, it can be a real challenge to find the perfect company for you.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers have stayed with the same insurance company for well over three years, and just under half have never shopped around. Many drivers in Indianapolis could save as much as $697 a year just by comparing rates, but most just don't grasp how much money they would save if they switched.
You should make it a habit to check auto insurance prices periodically because auto insurance prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Dodge Charger insurance in Indianapolis at your last renewal a different company probably has better premium rates today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding Charger insurance on the web, but in this article, you're going to get the easiest ways to reduce your auto insurance bill.
Companies offering Dodge Charger insurance in Indianapolis
The auto insurance companies shown below provide comparison quotes in Indiana. If more than one company is shown, it's a good idea that you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Charger 3.5 AWD||$338||$632||$474||$28||$142||$1,614||$135|
|Charger SXT AWD||$212||$392||$456||$28||$136||$1,224||$102|
|Charger Rallye AWD||$234||$486||$396||$24||$118||$1,258||$105|
|Charger R/T AWD||$232||$412||$330||$20||$98||$1,092||$91|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and Indiana minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower price quotes considerably.
Impact of violations and accidents on rates in Indianapolis
The chart below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Dodge Charger insurance premiums for each age group. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are factored in.
Dodge Charger insurance rates: Men versus women
The information below shows the comparison of Dodge Charger insurance rates for male and female drivers. The data is based on no claims or driving citations, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cheaper Indianapolis auto insurance quotes with discounts
Companies don't list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of some of the more common as well as the least known discounts that you may qualify for. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Student Driver Training - Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver's education in high school.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 20% or more.
- Telematics Discount - Indianapolis drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving patterns remotely such as State Farm's In-Drive might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Federal Government Employee - Being employed by or retired from a federal job could provide a small rate reduction depending on your auto insurance provider.
- Seat Belt Discounts - Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving can save 10% or more off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Home Ownership Discount - Being a homeowner can save you money because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Student Discounts - Being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students well after school through age 25.
- Discount for Swiching Early - Select companies give a discount for buying a policy prior to your current Charger insurance policy expiration. It could save around 10% when you buy Indianapolis auto insurance online.
- Active Service Discounts - Having a deployed family member could mean lower premium rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don't apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like you could get a free auto insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn't be very happy. But all discounts should help reduce your overall premium however.
A list of auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts including Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, passive restraint, good student, and good driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife offers discounts for good driver, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- Farm Bureau discounts include 55 and retired, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, driver training, and renewal discount.
- GEICO has savings for anti-lock brakes, good student, federal employee, multi-policy, seat belt use, daytime running lights, and air bags.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, safe driver, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and multi-car.
Before buying, ask all the companies what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not apply to policies in every state. To choose insurers who offer free Dodge Charger insurance quotes in Indianapolis, click here.
Everyone needs different insurance coverages
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every insured's situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether your personal situation could use an agent's help.
- What is motorclub and do I need it?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Why are teen drivers so expensive to add on to my policy?
- Will damage be repaired with OEM parts?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If you can't answer these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don't have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Independent or exclusive auto insurance agents
Many people still like to have an agent's advice. An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is you can get lower auto insurance rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Indianapolis.
After filling out this short form, the quote information gets sent to agents in your area that can provide free Indianapolis auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered directly to your email. You'll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you wish to quote rates for a specific company, don't hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
When narrowing the list to find a good Indianapolis insurance agent, it's helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they work. Car insurance agents in Indianapolis are categorized either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If you want to switch companies, an independent agent can move your coverage without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, it's recommended you contact several independent agencies so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Many can place coverage with companies that do not advertise much which can save you money.
Listed below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Indianapolis that may be able to provide rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Brelage Insurance Agency Inc
5451 Emerson Way - Indianapolis, IN 46226 - (317) 591-2660 - View Map
- Indiana Discount Insurance
5502 N Keystone Ave - Indianapolis, IN 46220 - (317) 863-0349 - View Map
- Killion Insurance Agency
6316 W Thompson Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46221 - (317) 856-4550 - View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are highly trained on their company's products and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Indianapolis willing to provide price quote information.
- Jerry Ortner - State Farm Insurance Agent
7424 Rockville Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46214 - (317) 273-0709 - View Map
- Chris Stringer - State Farm Insurance Agent
4875 W 56th St g - Indianapolis, IN 46254 - (317) 803-2241 - View Map
- State Farm: Amy Henry
7035 E 96th St Suite S-2 - Indianapolis, IN 46250 - (317) 897-1900 - View Map
Selecting an insurance agency requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What companies can they write with?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Is working in the agency their full-time job?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in Indiana?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
Big name companies like State Farm, GEICO and Progressive consistently run ads on TV and radio. All the companies seem to make the promise of big savings after switching your policy. That's great but how can every company offer you a better deal on Dodge Charger insurance in Indianapolis?
Insurance companies provide the lowest rates for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk should be between 25 and 40, has no prior claims, and does not commute to work. Any new insured who fits those characteristics gets the lowest premium rates and will most likely cut their rates substantially.
Insureds who fall short of those criteria may receive more expensive rates which usually ends up with business not being written. Company advertisements say "people who switch" not "all people who quote" save that much. That's why insurance companies can lure you into getting a quote.
This really emphasizes why you need to get Indianapolis auto insurance quotes as often as possible. Because you cannot predict which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Car insurance coverage information
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for ambulance fees, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims like damage from getting keyed, vandalism, a broken windshield and hitting a bird. The maximum payout your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it's not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage that occurs to people or other property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn't cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 25/50/10 which stand for a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $10,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against claims like repair bills for other people's vehicles, funeral expenses and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but it's cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. Indiana requires minimum liability limits of 25/50/10 but drivers should carry more liability than the minimum.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the "other guys" either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle's damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (which is 25/50/10), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Charger resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. It's also possible to choose a higher deductible on your Charger to bring the cost down.
Affordable insurance rates are out there
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Dodge Charger insurance rates online in Indianapolis. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, delays in responding to claim requests, high prices and even an unsatisfactory settlement offer. It doesn't matter what your reason, switching insurance companies is less work than it seems.
Some insurance companies may not have the ability to get quotes online and these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Discount Dodge Charger insurance is attainable on the web in addition to many Indianapolis insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Additional insurance information can be found below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Indiana Car Insurance Rates for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Rates for a Toyota Camry in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Indiana Auto Insurance Quotes After a Speeding Ticket? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for 17 Year Olds in Indiana? (FAQ)
- How Much are Indiana Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- What is the Cheapest Auto Insurance in Carmel, Indiana? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Highlander in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Corolla in Indiana? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Police Officers in Indiana? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)